Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,159 times)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

It Follows

Finally got around to watching it.  Positives, great idea, doesn't rely on jump scares, builds tension and the cinematography is gorgeous. 

That being said...

I don't get the hype.  It wasn't scary, the characters were paper thin, and unlikeable, the interesting premise was completely wasted, contradicting itself.  I really don't get the rave reviews, it was average at best, dull, and changed the rules of the 'creature' to fit the plot.  Characters did dumb stuff to further the plot.  I didn't like it.  It's not on the same level as the Babadook, nowhere near.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Akira.

A masterpiece of animation and storytelling. Movies today wish they could be this good.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Phantasm II
Above the Law

I now really want to see Seagal fight the Tall Man. :laugh:

echobbase79

echobbase79

I've only seen the first Phantasm. Are the sequels any good?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 12, 2016, 03:36:57 AM

2 is almost as good as the first. 3 is pretty good with some major flaws. 4 is a boring pile of crap half made up of outtakes from 1. Ravager is... odd. I haven't really figured out my thoughts on it yet.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 12, 2016, 05:05:00 AM

2 is almost as good as the first. 3 is pretty good with some major flaws. 4 is a boring pile of crap half made up of outtakes from 1. Ravager is... odd. I haven't really figured out my thoughts on it yet.

I'll give them a watch then. I need to get the first film on bluray. Didn't they just re-release it?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 13, 2016, 04:20:17 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 12, 2016, 05:05:00 AM

I'll give them a watch then. I need to get the first film on bluray. Didn't they just re-release it?

Yep, and there's supposed to be a box set coming next year. Good thing, because the DVDs are out of print. 2 is already on blu ray from Scream Factory, though.

Hard to Kill

"I'm gonna take you to the bank, Senator Trent... to the blood bank." dun dun DUN DUN DUN!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Marked for Death

This is totally in continuity with Predator 2. Seagal is the reason the Jamaicans moved to LA and started that drug war. :laugh:

echobbase79

echobbase79

Suicide Squad.

The more I watch it the more I find wrong with it. 

Russ

Russ

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 14, 2016, 05:44:43 AM
Marked for Death

This is totally in continuity with Predator 2. Seagal is the reason the Jamaicans moved to LA and started that drug war. :laugh:

"I want Hatcher dead. I want his family dead. And if you can't kill him, I go kill him, and then I'm gonna kill you."

Genius movie

skhellter

skhellter

Westworld

An idea so cool that Crichton had to use it twice.
Jurassic Park will always be the superior film, of course.
Interested in the tv show... will watch it soon. 

Creature from the Black Lagoon

I love it. Great underwater photography and amazing suit.... But there's nothing here that cant be improved upon in a good remake...
Get the director of It Follows on the case...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Giver

It's been roughly, fourteen to fifteen years since I read the book. Going off of those obviously less than clear memories, I think the movie did a decent job at capturing the story. And they did keep that one scene that I remembered the most. Not sure why Bridges was doing his Rooster Cogburn voice here, though. :laugh:

Out for Justice

Seagal's best film, IMO.

echobbase79

echobbase79

The Elaphant Man. John Hurt gives a touching performance as the deformed John Merrick. I think it's David Lynch's finest work.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

GallowWalkers
Really enjoyable Horror/Western starring Wesley Snipes. Was actually the last film he made before they threw him in jail lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Monster Squad

Badass classic.

Night of the Creeps

Eh, aside from Tom Atkins, this didn't do much for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed