Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,728 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The BFG

I went to go see this today, and it was pretty good. It meandered a little too much towards the middle, but it was a very solid family film on the whole.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Spawn - The Directors Cut

Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation

Knocked Up - Extended Edition

Warrior

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Vacation

Anger Management

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Killer Joe.  Really intense, weird, uncomfortable viewing.  McConaughy is terrifying.  9/10

Looper.  One of the best sci fi movies of the last decade 10/10

Man of Steel.  As far as comic book movies go, it's a masterpiece, along with Iron Man, GOTG and The Dark Knight 10/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Dom Hemingway (2013).
A fantastic performance by Jude Law here. Although it does come across as more a series of vignettes, loosely connected than a movie. I can picture it more as a Stage Play

Randomizer

Randomizer

Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

Lots of fan-service and several cliches there and there, lame moments movies try to do.

Spoiler

There was this one character dying and the producers decided that it would be fun to have him joke about it. And so he replies to his loved one: "that scarf was supposed to be a pullover". Lame. Also, was his partner a female?  :o

I would presume so since it was suggested to us, but over the course of the movie I just lost track if _______ was a crazy scientist or a f**king female.
[close]

Overall it felt as good as the original. The Sci-Fi stuff made up for it along with the fact that we get some more overlook on the aliens and that opens the gate for another sequel. Let's not even mention the ball.

I would say it was a bit shorter than the first because of fewer, interesting encounters. Might be an old memory though.

7.4/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Cannibal Apocalypse (1980)
Great film, although the music did feel out of place at times lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
It Came from Beneath the Sea
Earth vs the Flying Saucers

Going through all of the Harryhausen flicks right now. The first two were pretty damn good, the third is kind of dull with a cool finale.

windebieste

windebieste

Ah!  Good stuff.  'The Valley of Gwangi' and 'Jason and the Argonauts' are 2 of my all time favourite movies. 

Ray was such a cool Gentleman.  I had the privilege of meeting him when he was in Melbourne, must've been way back in 2002.  He was visiting and holding a seminar.  Also hosted a screen of 'Jason and the Argonauts' at a cinema.  Was such a great day for me to meet him.  such an amazing person.  So calm, collected and very polite and appreciative of peoples excitement for his work even though he'd retired from animation for a couple of decades by then. 

I've met a lot of people in various entertainment industries throughout the years but Ray has been by far one of my favourites.  If not my favourite.   I was broken in half when I'd heard he'd died.  Nonetheless, the truly remarkable legacy of his unique contribution to to cinema will live forever, just waiting for future fans to discover the Joy and Magic this Man could wield with just his bare hands.

-Windebieste.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 18, 2016, 05:33:19 AM
Ah!  Good stuff.  'The Valley of Gwangi' and 'Jason and the Argonauts' are 2 of my all time favourite movies. 

Ray was such a cool Gentleman.  I had the privilege of meeting him when he was in Melbourne, must've been way back in 2002.  He was visiting and holding a seminar.  Also hosted a screen of 'Jason and the Argonauts' at a cinema.  Was such a great day for me to meet him.  such an amazing person.  So calm, collected and very polite and appreciative of peoples excitement for his work even though he'd retired from animation for a couple of decades by then. 

I've met a lot of people in various entertainment industries throughout the years but Ray has been by far one of my favourites.  If not my favourite.   I was broken in half when I'd heard he'd died.  Nonetheless, the truly remarkable legacy of his unique contribution to to cinema will live forever, just waiting for future fans to discover the Joy and Magic this Man could wield with just his bare hands.

-Windebieste.

Jason is one of my favorites as well, but I haven't see Gwangi in years. Great story about getting to meet Ray. That would have been too cool. I did get to see a screening of 20 Million Miles to Earth at the Hirshorn in Washington DC some years back, though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Safari (1956).
Aside from one extremely poor bit of rear projection, i really enjoyed this

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)

-

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The annual viewing of...

Mosquito (1995)

I never tire of this film. Since the first viewing of it on Sci-Fi (aka SyFy) back in the late 1990s, I have a special place in my heart for these kind of movies. It was re-released last year for first time ever on Blu-ray, but I still have my first edition DVD (which was and still is, extremely rare) that I viewed last Saturday night. Seeing Gunnar Hansen again was a sad moment, but he never disappoints. I easily consider this film in the top 5 of Sci-Fi B movies ever made, a most definite watch for everyone. Especially if you want a lame laugh about horrible plots, terrible pun lines and of course, actual non-CGI puppets of giant mosquitoes. :laugh:

9/10 (my nostalgic score)

Next up is the other "classic" Sci-Fi film, Ticks... I need Kiramid to join in on this crusade ;)

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Star Trek: Beyond (2016)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Green Berets.
John Wayne and George Takei. Nice

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed