Details that aren't mentioned or alluded to in Isolation

Started by acrediblesource, Oct 30, 2014, 10:42:45 PM

Author
Details that aren't mentioned or alluded to in Isolation (Read 4,056 times)

acrediblesource

One thing I noticed in the game right after you input Sevastapols co-ordinates to the Torrens and are returning to the EVA suit room outside while you did your spacesuit trek, I noticed one single Alien (the one when you return causes shit) crawling the exterior of the Ship and entering into an opening above the windowed section. There is no autofocus or story bit to it, if you miss it you miss it forever and the Alien is so far away you could barely make it out.

Anyone catch any other interesting things like that?

anesidora

Well, that certainly explains how the Alien managed to get on the Torrens.

I didn't notice the ship on my return back to the station though. Perhaps you could post a screenshot?

acrediblesource

Too late for that :P, my last save point is now at the Spaceflight Terminal, maybe someone else could take a screen grab.
But to correct your comment, the Alien was climbing at the exterior of the Sevastapol, Seegson Communications room  before the room where there is an EVA Preparation.

Doktor Wunderbar

So the one that drives you into space at the end is the one that started the whole mess.

A nice touch.

anesidora

Thank you for the tip, but I'm not sure how we can identify it through that description. Is it directly ahead when you're on the bridge platform after you take the elevator down?

I've replayed the level, and wasn't able to find it.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

OOh, sorry so to make it more clear,
The place the Alien is seen is directly above the wall of the Savestapol the moment you correctly input the co-ordinates and head back to where you entered onto the walk way. The Alien is literally up above. Now I'm not sure what triggers it, so if you're looking at the big solar mass and walking sideways back in, you'll completely miss him. 

Try this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KrH9PngzHp4#t=1387
23:07
The player here didn't even see it.

anesidora

Ah, I see it now! Thank you for the link!

I can see why it's easy to miss it when you're more focused on exiting the platform.

saintssinphony

Amanda never says anything but i swear ive seen 2 aliens at once towards the end.  I think its the level where you release the Torrens from the docking clamp or whatever.  I hope I wasnt seeing things but I thought I saw two at once stalking around. 

Sagit

Yes there are two of them in the control room. I presume these are the two you encounter while escaping the second hive at the end of the game.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Alien Isolation is , what I thought would have been, perfect for the multiple endings, multiple responses, multiple outcomes type of game (like mass effect but without the renegade/paragon thing which isn't needed here).
It would give added replay value on top of the immensely dense architecture and would have given fans something extra to talk about if it included different takes of a single experience. BUT whatever, still a cool game in the end and this feature probably wouldn't have changed my mind about this game.

a little off topic, i know. :laugh:

Keg

Spotted the Alien in another couple of scripted moments like the one during the space walk that TC mentions. I didnt notice them on my first play through but on my second I saw the alien for a split second before it darts up and into a vent. Its early on inside a small office just after you encounter the 3 people in the lobby but its before (only by a matter of minutes) before you encounter it for the first time properly when it drops out of the vent and she hides behind the desk. I think its a bit of foreshadowing to put you on edge because you have to go right through the room you see the alien in for a split second. Theres also a part where two people are on a higher level than you at the end of a long corridor. Its where you can either climb a ladder to their level or go around and up some stairs. The woman shoots at the alien and you see it crawl down the wall and disappear somewhere below. Never noticed that the first time either. Quite cool how most games make a big deal out of their scripted events and often have a way to highlight it to the player like pressing L3 in Last Of Us will focus on what you need to look at. In this they don't do that, probably to not break the immersion and it will leave alot of people including myself going "did i just se.....what was that?".

Kimarhi

Its pretty early in the game and I can't remember where exactly it takes place but the big room you enter with the woman trying to hack the door.  Later you come back to that room through a peripheral entry and there are people dicking around including a woman with a shotty right as you exit.  My first trip out I got blasted, so I reloaded and threw a noisemaker in the room.  The Alien proceeds to kill everyone while I lay low in the room that you exit from.

When I come out I count the bodies of the dead but don't see the woman anywhere.  I remember where she was at on the second level and go back to see if she's alive or dead. 

I see blood, then splotches of blood, and then the blood trail ends, directly under a vent.

I have no idea if the body glitched and just disappeared or if CA wanted to imply that the Alien was dragging human npc's into the vent but it was a nice touch if they did. 

Quarax

Quote from: Keg on Nov 03, 2014, 02:08:00 AM
Spotted the Alien in another couple of scripted moments like the one during the space walk that TC mentions. I didnt notice them on my first play through but on my second I saw the alien for a split second before it darts up and into a vent. Its early on inside a small office just after you encounter the 3 people in the lobby but its before (only by a matter of minutes) before you encounter it for the first time properly when it drops out of the vent and she hides behind the desk. I think its a bit of foreshadowing to put you on edge because you have to go right through the room you see the alien in for a split second. Theres also a part where two people are on a higher level than you at the end of a long corridor. Its where you can either climb a ladder to their level or go around and up some stairs. The woman shoots at the alien and you see it crawl down the wall and disappear somewhere below. Never noticed that the first time either. Quite cool how most games make a big deal out of their scripted events and often have a way to highlight it to the player like pressing L3 in Last Of Us will focus on what you need to look at. In this they don't do that, probably to not break the immersion and it will leave alot of people including myself going "did i just se.....what was that?".

Before the woman shoots at the Alien, you can see it sneak up behind a third survivor on the platform and take him over the edge.

Keg

Well there you go then I hadnt even noticed that. Just briefly caught a glimpse of what i thought it was the alien disappearing down the wall. Ill have to pay closer attention next time. Sounds pretty cool that.

acrediblesource

I remember another one from a recent trailer (SURVIVOR) where the alien crawls out of the vent in a vertical twist in slow motion.
This actually happens on your way to get the Keycard for the Doctor but you know, you'll miss it entirely if you're literally farther than a few meters from it. It is literally the creepiest thing I've seen the Alien do, and we don't even get to see it up close asides from that trailer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed