Dark Horse Interview - New Comic

Started by Xenomorphine, Aug 23, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Author
Dark Horse Interview - New Comic (Read 84,824 times)

Xenomorphine

Ultramorph

Interesting interview, I liked the hint about how the Prometheus and Aliens lines will tie together.  ;D

Spoiler
Indeed, it seems that the main cast of the Aliens line will be refugees from Hadley's Hope. I just hope the story is good enough to justify going back to the LV-426 trough again.
[close]

happypred

The colour is looking decent

I wonder if this retcons Aliens Newt's Tale

TheBATMAN

Well if this doesn't, River of Pain certainly will.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

To be fair to Newt's Tale, it's vague enough on a lot of details that "some people escaped" isn't much of a contradiction.

happypred

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 23, 2014, 07:53:00 AM
Well if this doesn't, River of Pain certainly will.

What is this River of Pain you speak of?

TheBATMAN

The final Alien novel released by Titan. I believe it is due for release in November and will deal with the initial outbreak on LV-426 after the colonists find the derelict.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 23, 2014, 07:56:27 AM
To be fair to Newt's Tale, it's vague enough on a lot of details that "some people escaped" isn't much of a contradiction.

Newts Tale was sort of an adaptation of the movie. The only thing which it had brought was Newt's perspective of things. The rest of the other stuff was slightly different takes of the events of ALIENS.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's true of issue 2, but issue 1 was largely "new" material in that it showed the downfall of Hadley's Hope.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 24, 2014, 05:56:58 AM
That's true of issue 2, but issue 1 was largely "new" material in that it showed the downfall of Hadley's Hope.

Had Newts Tale been a one shot which wouldn't venture into becoming an adaptation, I would've accepted it more but I normally don't accept movie to comic adaptations as definitive canon. As far as I am concerned.. the movie tells us what happened without even having to show it in flash back scenes.

As for Fire and Stone and River of Pain.. I'm not going to be picking those up but I will be plum surprised if one does reference the other. Then again, Titan's book may contradict Fire and Stone.. but with Fox over looking things, I find it doubtful.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I've got no problem with adaptations - I just treat scripts, movies, novelizations, and comic adaptations as (generally) slight variations on the same story.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 24, 2014, 06:36:43 AM
I've got no problem with adaptations - I just treat scripts, movies, novelizations, and comic adaptations as (generally) slight variations on the same story.

Would that include the PREDATORS adaptation comic, when it had some wide contradictions in there? Just asking out of curiosity.  :-\

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'll have to re-read that one, I don't remember it well.

Incidentally the 'Predator' novelization is pretty different from the movie, too.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 24, 2014, 07:22:06 AM
Incidentally the 'Predator' novelization is pretty different from the movie, too.

Yeah, that one was a shapeshifter who hunted not for trophies but to some sort of sadistic research or something.

SM

SM

Newt's Tale seemed to pay little attention to the source material when it expanded the story, and only paid marginally more attention to the source material when adapting the source material.  Didn't they have a VCR?

Then they completely glossed over the Aliens taking over colony, and showed certain events occurring that were outside the purview of Newt's actual Tale.

With art that was nothing to write home about, it really didn't have much going for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed