Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 76,579 times)

Sabby

Thanks man ^^ Same to you.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: broughtpain on May 23, 2016, 01:58:23 PM
Hope you do okay too xeno.

Thanks man.

Honestly, I'm not OK.  Since 2011 it's been a downhill side with no chance off getting better.  I have a combination of depression and a psychotic disorder and as of late my depression has been getting worse each day.  I'm scared if I'm honest.  The help I'm getting isn't doing much good either.  The medication I've been taking is making me loose interest in all the things that keep my mind occupied and keep me sane.  The Alien movies for example, they are part of my life and have been since I was nine years old.  My meds have made me forget things including a lot the things I have learned about the three movies over the years.  They are making me dumb.  I've hardly watched an Alien film or anything Alien related for a while which if you knew me would know that's not normal.  If I loose interest in all those things then what will happen to me?

Sorry for rambling but I'm at a dead end and I know I shouldn't share things like this in public but I'm scared I 'won't be around' anymore.  Feel like an outcast where ever I go and don't fit in to.  It's the same with my online life to.  Struggle to talk to people and interact.

I don't mean this because of lack of sleep but I'm tired.

I'm sorry everyone.

Sabby

The only thing I can offer is this. Go see your doctor. Tell them exactly what you just said. I don't know how much more can be done, but there's no point curing psychosis with zombism.

broughtpain

broughtpain

Best advice I can give is be who you are and do what makes you happy.

Kaltes

I know for sure I have OCD, specifically intrusive thoughts, which believe me cause a great deal of anxiety. It's an awful thing to feel like your head is being invaded by thoughts you don't want. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of mood problem as well...considering how easily they can change at the drop of a hat. I experience emotions very intensely or not at all.

In short, yeah, I have my issues too. Never been to a psychiatrist though.

Nostromo

www.genesight.com
Free in Canada as well..for now

broughtpain

Well, Kaltes, there's a lot of stress going around right now, take care of yourself.

Kaltes

Quote from: broughtpain on May 29, 2016, 03:41:04 AM
Well, Kaltes, there's a lot of stress going around right now, take care of yourself.

It comes and goes like most bad things do, but thank you.

XenoZipper

I deal with depression & major anger issues. Life for me has been a downward spiral since around 2005-ish & just keeps getting worse as the years go by. I've lost handfuls of friends in the last year due to my "negative attitude" & they just can't handle the way I am anymore so they all let me go. Some friends eh? Kick me while I'm down. I don't take any medication except for weed. It's the only thing that keeps things under control. Take my anger away & the depression goes away for a short little while but it all comes back within a few hours. I've just accepted this as the way I am so if I end up losing everybody in the process then so be it. The only difference would be dealing with the depression alone which it already feels like so not much would change.

broughtpain

Anger and depression are both effects. Not causes. They can feed into each other, but neither one is an actual cause. You need to deal with the cause to actually achieve a firm standing as an individual. Smoking weed as a means of escape isn't as unnatural as you might think and the fundamental aspect of seeking an escape through external means like drugs is thousands of years old. It won't be really effective until it's brought into the realm of not being a universal replacement for solving problems in life that can be solved. Identifying and addressing the cause of the anger and depression will improve all aspects of your life and increase the utility of smoking weed.

As for losing friends, don't worry too much about it. Human behavior is a really wonky thing where as the best friendships can be contentious relationships in appearance but deeper in bonding than more seemingly positive engagements. Think two best friends that always argue about everything but remain friends until one dies as opposed to two friends that have more positive encounters but part ways after some time. Of course, the opposite can be true where positive engagements endure and contentious ones dissolve. Human beings are intelligent and thus can comprehend the value of companionship becoming refined and thus of greater value as more time passes. Human beings are also prone to error. So the obvious answer is one of balance.

I hope you can straighten things out and become happy. So much of life sucks and it's only worse when your unhappy.

XenoZipper

I'm just kind of at a point where I just don't really care about much anymore. I've lost so many people in my life in the last few years that I just keep shit to myself & bottle it up, don't really feel comfortable opening up much. I have my explosive moments for sure but I'm not really seeking any help either. The last friendship I lost actually was with my best friend of 11 years & he finally called it quits due to my negativity & lack of success in life. I was pissed about it at the start, now its just whatever to me. There's other things that have been going wrong for me as well besides that stuff like health issues but I've no interest to talk about that so yea, I agree, hopefully things will straighten out one day. I used to be a fairly happy person up until the '05 mark.

Kaltes

Well, I ended up feeling shitty and depressed last night. Probably the worst I've felt in a long time.

BR1XER

My heart goes out to you all, really. Though I don't consider myself under any 'mental disorder', I've had my down days throughout teenhood. Shit got heavy after I caught Pneumonia in late 2012. But I told myself I'd keep going.

My friend, on the other hand, knows this way of suffering only too well. He's had OCD, bouts of  extreme depression, and major anxiety and paranoia. And has suicidal tendencies.

High school was tough for many, with plenty of peer pressure coming from the large Honors/AP bracket in our grade. But he'd fret over his grades mainly, then fail to improve them despite studying, and lose interest in anything and anyone. Shut himself away and wouldn't respond. Once he showed suicidal tendencies, he was tossed between ineffectual psychiatrists and a school board not wanting to ruin its record nor take action. With no trust in any authority and with parents who didn't know what to do but berate him, he nearly lost it.

And this happened over and over. He didn't learn, chose not to restore resolve, and lost 10/12 of his friends and his gf. Grades still not satisfactory; nothing else changed for the better except for more trust in me for sticking with him. I don't know how he stays stable in between bouts.

I could tell him to suck it up, or reassure him that all's right, and make no difference either way. He's at the point of accepting this way of life, though there were so many points he could have dug himself out of a rut, but lacked the resolve. I don't want to accept that he's a lost cause, but all the perceiveable options have run out. What do I do or tell him before the next crash?

Scorpio

Let food be thy medicine, let medicine be thy food. - Hippocrates

Diet and exercise is the key (a big part of it) to good health (mind and body is one and the same).  The reason for mental/physical disease is the many toxins we consume.  The only way to eliminate these toxins is by eating/drinking organic.  You'd be surprised what processed sugar does to your body - it's the same as a drug.

I can attest to this.  I gave up alcohol, junk food, coffee, medications, etc, and I feel much better. 

Psychiatrists - most of them just glorified drug dealers who not once ask about nutrition.  Because they don't know.  :laugh:  They are taught/spread lies.

So, yes, every problem has a solution.  Depression/anxiety can be cured with the right knowledge and mental attitude.

Sabby

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 13, 2016, 03:01:46 AM
Psychiatrists - most of them just glorified drug dealers who not once ask about nutrition.  Because they don't know.  :laugh:  They are taught/spread lies.

Piss off. This happens every few pages, some idiot comes in with the toxins speech. Just blend your own peanut butter guys! That will clear up your crippling depression!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed