"Hey, I thought you were dead? Yeah I get that a lot."

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 27, 2014, 03:25:04 PM

Author
"Hey, I thought you were dead? Yeah I get that a lot." (Read 23,597 times)

HuDaFuK

I sometimes think Resurrection gets a bit too much hate - there are some genuinely quite good moments in it, and Weaver gives it her all - but overall its stupid, and it certainly sucks compared to the first three.

I can't deny I enjoy watching it when I do rarely put it on though.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 06, 2014, 03:22:14 PM
I can't deny I enjoy watching it when I do rarely put it on though.

It's fun to get drunk and swear at, I'll give it that!  :D

Alien³

There's a 4TH ALIEN FILM?!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 16, 2014, 06:25:30 PM
There's a 4TH ALIEN FILM?!

Yeah, it's called Prometheus.

Alien³

maledoro

Best part of A:R:

Kimarhi

Alien Resurrection was so good it killed Kim Flowers career.

SM

It wasn't any great shakes prior to Resurrection.

maledoro

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 16, 2014, 11:31:35 PM
Alien Resurrection was so good it killed Kim Flowers career.
She had a career? A:R didn't seem to help the careers of the rest of the cast.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 16, 2014, 06:52:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YbJIX8K.gif

No Alien Resurrection is the fourth film in my opinion. Prometheus comes after that.

maledoro

Quote from: Flight Officer Lambert on Mar 17, 2014, 01:22:37 AMNo Alien Resurrection is the fourth film in my opinion. Prometheus comes after that.
Prometheus comes before Alien, then Aliens, then...

;)

LastSurvivor92

I used to watch it before Alien but I found that Prometheus flows much better after Resurrection rather than before the original. As Prometheus was a 2012 film and Alien was 1979 film. The transition from Prometheus to Alien just doesn't work out very well considering how well Prometheus looks. I always watch it after Resurrection.

maledoro

maledoro

I watch Prometheus before Alien because Scott said that it would change the context in which we used to see Alien. It does. As for as the "2012 film before a 1979 film" paradox, I figure that not only did tug crews dress differently than science crews and that tugboats are POS ships compared to science vessels, that during the decades that had passed between the two stories not only had styles changed but that the merger with Yutani may have dragged Weyland down a bit instead of making things better, especially for the working stiffs.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Flight Officer Lambert on Mar 17, 2014, 01:29:31 PM
I used to watch it before Alien but I found that Prometheus flows much better after Resurrection rather than before the original. As Prometheus was a 2012 film and Alien was 1979 film. The transition from Prometheus to Alien just doesn't work out very well considering how well Prometheus looks. I always watch it after Resurrection.
Makes sense to watch Prometheus first since Weyland would be long since dead in 2122.

LastSurvivor92

Ehhh sorry guys, I still find it easier to watch after Resurrection. I understand the concept of Prometheus to Alien but I've been a long time fan and would rather watch the first 4 original films first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed