NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 866,872 times)

Vark_

Vark_

Quote from: drsmuts on Dec 20, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
Series 3 seems to have arrived in the UK.
Yup, confirmed, my doggie shipped yesterday from the UK, and Kane 5 days ago from the US.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Picked up series 3 today. Kane came out good. Some of the Bishop's flight suits were painted really shiny and glossy, luckily I got a matte one. As far as the dog Alien goes, the body is painted very well, but on the 5 I saw, nearly all of them had scuff marks and some had what looked like glue residue on the domes. Also, If you get a chance to inspect them, make sure you look at the fingers, quite a few of them had fingers that were bent over each other.

mathewjohn365

mathewjohn365

Been seeing a lot of people from the US and UK get both Queen and series 3, but still haven't seen postings from Canada.  I the Queen and 2 dogs on pre order, checking Twitter pretty much every hour to see if there been any Canadian postings.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I've seen some video reviews for Bishop and the head sculpt seems pretty iffy to me compared to the prototypes. What's the consensus on it here?

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Any chance NECA will make characters/creatures from Colonial Marines? I'd love to see them make a Spitter Xenomorph. Maybe as part of spinoff line from the movies?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 22, 2014, 10:00:41 PM
Any chance NECA will make characters/creatures from Colonial Marines? I'd love to see them make a Spitter Xenomorph. Maybe as part of spinoff line from the movies?
It's not likely we'll see one from NECA, although we have gotten a couple Spitter figures from other companies.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I just want the dog and the queen really.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So I got the Alien Queen for Christmas today (thanks momma). Haven't opened her yet, don't have anywhere safe to put her at the moment, recently moved. But damn does she look fantastic through the box, her detail is super. NECA definitely made a masterpiece.

drsmuts

drsmuts

My Dog and Kane arrived Christmas eve....really impressed with both of them, the Dog is massive and looks superb and Kane is a lovely little novelty of a figure.

Envious of those who got the Queen, it does look great but to be honest, nearly a £100 in the UK is very expensive and I wouldn't get the use out of it to justify buying it as I have nowhere it could be displayed (and I don't think the wife and kids would be very impressed to be honest!)

As much as love this line, I am struggling to think what other characters I would buy. Ripley in Nostromo jump suit is a must and a WY Doggie handler commando.....after that not a lot else to be honest. No interest in anything at all from Resurrection.

Vark_

Vark_

Kane arrived today, and in one word : stunned.

Although the helmet base is a pain in the *** to fit in the collar of the suit (I had to cut its lower edge about 1mm an push hard to put it properly in place), and the copper paint is somehow sticky, the figure is the best Kane we get for the price. Sculpt is awesome, paint is really neat with much effort put on the wearing marks of the gear. The only deception is with the US patch, which needed to be British...
Not very posable though, but a very stable figure. No loose articulation here ^^

The only modification I added was a touch of cyano glue around the hole in the helmet, to whiten it and have a slight smashed glass effect.

Way to go NECA, looks fantastic on display with an action pose !
Waiting for the doggy, next week I think.

A few pics :

drsmuts

drsmuts

Kane is fantastic isn't he? So much detail on the suit, backpack etc. Shame about the badge slip up though but it's a small glitch on a great figure.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It sure is on the bottom of my list of concerns.

khas

khas

I'm so jealous Vark!!, I hope my Kane and Bishop arrive between tomorrow and Tuesday ...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I popped into my local on Saturday but they hadn't arrived yet.  :-\ Really gutted.

Vark_

Vark_

Recieved the doggy today, and once again, this was a good surprise.

First thing : it's huge. Far taller than the previous xenos from NECA, big chap and warriors, so in my opinion it's up-scaled a bit, but no big deal.
Sculpt is great, they've done a hell of a job on the head, it really looks like the runner. I compared with my Sideshow A3 diorama, proportions look the same, headsculpt is really close, except the NECA figure is slightly bulkier, limbs and tail especially, which we can understand, it's an action figure after all. One thing I don't understand though : the oversized tail end blade...

The paintjob on the body isn't matching Kane's, it's basically similar as the brown / blue warriors from the previous series ; but if you step off one foot, it still looks quite cool with the glossy shades of brown and black fading with the distance.
They've taken a greater care with the head, this is the part of the xeno they achieved best, the dome is really neat !

Despite the lenght of the legs and the great ammount of joints, this is a posable and stable figure, no loose articulations again, so you're free not to use the stand (which I found useful for displaying a StarWars Snowspeeder !).
Series 3 seems to have fixed the articulation inconvenience. Although I didn't like the feet not to be real flat, I leveled them off using a cutter.
Then I gave it a crouched pose, something between the Sideshow A3 maquette and the Halcyon model kit.

For an affordable price, we get here one of the best -if not the best- Dog alien on that scale, you can trash-can your MacFarlane right away  ;D. Well done NECA. Again.

A few pics :

PS : I ordered from a UK ebay store, it shipped on december 19th. I'm kinda surprised local shops in UK haven't recieved them yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed