NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 845,681 times)

CelticP

CelticP

I forgot I posted it, sorry haha. Been a busy year.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Don't be sorry, this epic ness needs to be re-posted!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Good job, Celtic! How long did that take you to put together?

CelticP

CelticP

It took me just under a week to finish. Stayed up all night to edit and I had it finished at 9am on the 26th.

I also fell asleep HARD during the double feature of Alien and Aliens. Which would've made me upset, had I not seen them both already in the theater. Still. Kinda proud of that one. I've considered doing another, but that might come around when NECA makes the Resurrection figures, so I can round out the other films.

Corporal Hicks

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I know Burke is the selling point of the two pack, but that Xeno looks really good/cool

dHunter333

dHunter333

i couldnt agree more
looking forward to this xeno big time
i believe it was the first level in the dlc of aliens colonial marines, you are some girl who got kidnapped (her and her parents), and impregnated by WY people, she ended up blowing up the ship right as a chestburster comes out of here
tons of aliens surround her, some are ridged head, some are smooth head
reminds me of that part, that was a smooth head on the ridged head aliens body

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

I've always believed that the smooth domed xeno's were the same as the ridged headed xeno's.  Just the ridged headed xeno's have had more time to grow into their natural body type and become mature bugs, whereas the smooth domed bugs were the newborns.

lightsyder

lightsyder

Kinda related question...did Randy from Neca drop off Twitter?

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I was wondering that too.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

I'm thinking something big is in the works that is requiring his all his time and attention or maybe something happened in his personal life outside of work..........hope he returns with more magic that he's able to pull off. 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SNAFU84 on Sep 22, 2017, 08:45:15 PMI've always believed that the smooth domed xeno's were the same as the ridged headed xeno's.  Just the ridged headed xeno's have had more time to grow into their natural body type and become mature bugs, whereas the smooth domed bugs were the newborns.

That worked fine until Requiem screwed the theory up.

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 23, 2017, 09:15:33 AM
Quote from: SNAFU84 on Sep 22, 2017, 08:45:15 PMI've always believed that the smooth domed xeno's were the same as the ridged headed xeno's.  Just the ridged headed xeno's have had more time to grow into their natural body type and become mature bugs, whereas the smooth domed bugs were the newborns.

That worked fine until Requiem screwed the theory up.

How do you mean?  Because there's a mix of both?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Before Requiem, the only Aliens we saw with ridges were those in Aliens. They were also the only Aliens we saw that were more than a couple of days old. (Considerably older, in fact. Weeks at least.)

Then in Requiem, newborn Aliens have ridges.

The ageing theory worked quite well until they made that film.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 23, 2017, 04:59:48 PM
Before Requiem, the only Aliens we saw with ridges were those in Aliens. They were also the only Aliens we saw that were more than a couple of days old. (Considerably older, in fact. Weeks at least.)

Then in Requiem, newborn Aliens have ridges.

The ageing theory worked quite well until they made that film.

Personally, I've always interpreted it as simply stylistic differences or the warrior/drone idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed