Crazy Rich's Livestream Channel

Started by Crazy Rich, May 29, 2013, 09:34:22 PM

Author
Crazy Rich's Livestream Channel (Read 2,140 times)

Vickers

Vickers

And it doesn't fit in with the other films - what with the queen laying eggs and all. :P

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on May 29, 2013, 10:20:12 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 29, 2013, 10:17:34 PM
I just think Ripley's character is lessened without the Dallas confrontation.
Let me guess: you saw the Director's Cut first.
Try again.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 29, 2013, 10:20:12 PM
How does it "lessen" her? Or rather, how does it add anything to her character? It does neither.
Well, having to kill her friend (possible [ex]lover), even if it was to spare him from a worse pain, has got to do something to her on top of everything else going on, which gives her progressive 'hardening' throughout the series (right up to Alien 3) a bit more detailing. It also makes the death of Dallas the one that clearly affects her the most, seeing as she has to provide the final blow... or, uh, blast.

It's not like I'm trying to convince you.

As for the rest of the stuff that gets shortened from theatrical length, that's a no-no. I should probably make it clear that I much prefer the theatrical cut, but once the cocoon scene comes along, it makes a casual viewing worth it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 29, 2013, 10:36:54 PM
Well, having to kill her friend (possible [ex]lover), even if it was to spare him from a worse pain, has got to do something to her on top of everything else going on, which gives her progressive 'hardening' throughout the series (right up to Alien 3) a bit more detailing. It also makes the death of Dallas the one that clearly affects her the most, seeing as she has to provide the final blow... or, uh, blast.
Having her entire crew brutally killed one by one around is more then sufficient to set up her desperate state in the third act and later films, no badly staged mercy kill scene required.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I picked director's cut because I've personally never even seen it before, as stated before, so there.

Good to see two people on board, a lot more than I expected.  ;D

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I honestly don't mind the director's cut. I think the cocooned ash and brett are fairly disturbing.

King Rathalos

If we're watching Alien I'm all for it, haven't seen it in a while and I frankly could care less what version it is, at this point, it's in need of a serious re-watch. :P

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Alright, guys.

TONIGHT, WE DINE IN-

Spoiler
-our individual bedrooms as we livestream Alien.
[close]

King Rathalos

Quote from: Dovahkiin on May 31, 2013, 12:00:20 PM
Alright, guys.

TONIGHT, WE DINE IN-

Spoiler
-our individual bedrooms as we livestream Alien.
[close]

Yyyyyeeeeessssss.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'll post a link about 30 minutes before we start.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Sweet.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Guys... I might have goofed...

I'd like to test this out.

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/4175720/events/2138737

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Apparently needs an account. Which is odd, I've never had to use an account for that site before.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Which is why I think I've goofed. I don't think I'm on the exact same thing as others have used.

But this is why I started ahead of schedule.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 01, 2013, 01:23:44 AM
Which is why I think I've goofed. I don't think I'm on the exact same thing as others have used.

But this is why I started ahead of schedule.

Judging by simply the layout, yeah, it doesn't even look the same as other streams (from what little I can see behind the bg "LOL LOG IN" thing)

It's the same site, though... I think.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

*sigh*

Nothing is ever so simple anymore.

For starters, I'm in what is called a Broadcast which I somehow didn't notice before, and when I go to Chat it says it has not yet been integrated. And when I look at what I apparently have called the "Free Plan" people must sign up or login to see my event.

S.O.B...

If it's too good to be true... it probably isn't...

I'm trying to figure out what hole I'm in right now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed