Game is selling more than Dead Space 2?

Started by Naissus, Feb 18, 2013, 01:06:52 AM

Author
Game is selling more than Dead Space 2? (Read 28,068 times)

Naissus

I saw on GT that A:CM is number 1 while DS3 is number 2.  This must be referring to sales rather than ratings, so what does everyone think of this?  Hope for future patches, DLC, etc?

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I got by VG Chartz and they don't have the numbers for ACM up yet.

Aliens: Colonial Marines (X360) added 13,127 pre-orders for a grand total of 168,146. Expect first week sales in the USA at retail to be in the 225,000 to 300,000 unit range. Expect the game to sell between 600,000 million and 700,000 units lifetime in the US.

From VG Chartz, this is for XBOX 360 only. Not counting PS3, PC, or Wii U.

Slaine

Slaine

It'll sell well. It's riding on the back of the franchise hard; we all know anything to do with Alien makes money, regardless of it's quality. People will blind buy it and then get screwed once they realise what they've just bought. Hell, that's what happened to me, and i'm sure the majority of us who pre-ordered it.

Besides, the advertising onslaught of this game has been insane. 3 years full of constant hype, gameplay vids, trailers, and now everywhere I go there's huge billboards up. All the GAME stores here still have posters up all over their windows. People who have no idea about the reviews are just picking it up because, well, Aliens.

But we're all paying for this disappointment, and once the transaction has gone through it doesn't matter to Gearbox/Sega as we've already paid for it. They've taken our money... unless we get a full refund.

But the average/casual gamers and the less-hardcore fans seems to be enjoying the game. Those people who were never caught up in the hype or knew anything about it, are picking it up and having fun with it. It's just what they expect from an Aliens game.

I've spoken to a fair few people over the last week who can't understand why I, and the majority of the gaming community, think the game is awful. They are having fun with it. There's also a few people who lowered their expectations so much after the critical bashing, but ended up enjoying it telling me it's actually not that bad.

I just told their standards are pretty low, and that they deserve better.

But hey, if they enjoy it, then fair play to them. Just wish I did as much as them. But i'm a big fan of the film, and series. And think with this game, big fans got burnt. Hard.

MR EL1M1NATOR

I don't think it will sell. I hope it doesn't, because it's shit.

newbeing

Probably will be similar to AVP2010. Has a chance of doing well the first week then will probably dive.

VonPelz

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 18, 2013, 02:08:40 AM
Probably will be similar to AVP2010. Has a chance of doing well the first week then will probably dive.
Yup. In multiplayer, the game is already dying and it's getting harder and harder to find games. I haven't been able to play a single game of extermination, it just doesn't find any games.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=49540&from=1360620000000&to=1361138400000

Nightlord

With the multiplayer designed the way it is any new people that try to get into the game will get minced, and probably be put off by it.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Watch the sales drop very soon. I don't think Sega will end up making another Aliens related game anytime soon seeing how AVP and ACM turn out.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 18, 2013, 02:19:51 AM
Watch the sales drop very soon. I don't think Sega will end up making another Aliens related game anytime soon seeing how AVP and ACM turn out.

Word is one has been being worked on for quite some time now.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: VonPelz on Feb 18, 2013, 02:17:39 AM
Yup. In multiplayer, the game is already dying and it's getting harder and harder to find games. I haven't been able to play a single game of extermination, it just doesn't find any games.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=49540&from=1360620000000&to=1361138400000

on console it takes 20 seconds at the most for me. matchmaking actually works on this one

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 18, 2013, 04:34:34 AM

on console it takes 20 seconds at the most for me. matchmaking actually works on this one

Yeah, is that graph for PC? Games never take long for me on Xbox at all. People, despite being mad, are playing.

Aceburster

Gotta be the upfront spike from all the preorders coming in. steam stats has had like.. a max of 4-5k ppl playing for a couple days now if its literally beating dead space on a trend then nobody is actually installing it lol

Byohzrd

The controversy behind this game spread through the internet like wildfire, i'm sure it must be a fluke, or kids who thought it was something neat to try.

JokersWarPig

While Extermination is interesting the first few times I've come to the conclusion that its crap.

WinterActual

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 18, 2013, 04:34:34 AM

On PC it takes about 1-2 min to find an Extermination match, 2-3 min for Escape, 5 for Surv.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed