Prom article from summer 2011..?

Started by Negatronix, Oct 02, 2012, 03:46:40 PM

Author
Prom article from summer 2011..? (Read 2,855 times)

Negatronix

Negatronix

Does anyone have that they can post, or recall reading an interview with Scott where he talks about.. Humans being inbetween two alien races that could easily inviserate them, the ship being piloted by a giant head, the engineers being very perverse and the last 8 minutes would show some pretty disturbing and perverse imagery.. Another article I recall mentioned giant xenos in the last 20 minutes.. Not sure where/when I read the last one.. Finally there was mention of perverse experiments being conducted on lv223.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Things which you describe sounds like LV-223/Engineers backstory. Writers do that, sometimes it appears in the movie, sometimes it doesn't.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Sounds more like one of those articles full of confusing behind the scenes reports

Blacklabel

Quote from: Negatronix on Oct 02, 2012, 03:46:40 PM
Another article I recall mentioned giant xenos in the last 20 minutes.. Not sure where/when I read the last one.. Finally there was mention of perverse experiments being conducted on lv223.

That actually was gonna happen in the Jon Spaihts draft. Shaw was gonna have to battle the big xenomorph that had bursted out of an engineer. There was actual concept art done for the creature:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Necronom IV + crouching Alien concept + lizard feet + so out of place melon-like protrusion on the head. Yuuup.
- last one and it would rock.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 02, 2012, 04:21:56 PM
Quote from: Negatronix on Oct 02, 2012, 03:46:40 PM
Another article I recall mentioned giant xenos in the last 20 minutes.. Not sure where/when I read the last one.. Finally there was mention of perverse experiments being conducted on lv223.

That actually was gonna happen in the Jon Spaihts draft. Shaw was gonna have to battle the big xenomorph that had bursted out of an engineer. There was actual concept art done for the creature:

BTW there's a beautiful version of this Alien using the face from this Giger painting: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/alien/gigerart/normal_Alien_II.jpg

Blacklabel

Ikarop, i thought that was an alternate Fifield...

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 02, 2012, 04:29:11 PM
Necronom IV + crouching Alien concept + lizard feet + so out of place melon-like protrusion on the head. Yuuup.

..i like the melon-like protrusion. :laugh: Gives him a weirder, more distinct look from the "human born" xenos X)

Godamnit, use this stuff in the sequel Ridlez X)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 02, 2012, 04:49:29 PM
Ikarop, i thought that was an alternate Fifield...

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 02, 2012, 04:29:11 PM

..i like the melon-like protrusion. :laugh: Gives him a weirder, more distinct look from the "human born" xenos X)

Godamnit, use this stuff in the sequel Ridlez X)

No, that's the Alien/Ultramorph as pointed out in the image. The Deacon was also called Ultramorph. I believe one of the team members mentions that it was called that because it was considered more pure/superior than the Xenomorph.

Negatronix

Quote from: Zenzucht on Oct 02, 2012, 04:03:40 PM
Things which you describe sounds like LV-223/Engineers backstory. Writers do that, sometimes it appears in the movie, sometimes it doesn't.

I dont think the comment was intended to be backstory. Scott specifically said the last 8 min would be distubing and perverse.. Ohh well. More BS from Scott. I think this is why I dispise Prom so much. That article set my mind clearly to expect something much different than I got.

The giant xeno is cool, although the reptile feet are starting to get old and are corny. I would expect something with more mass, and  a less feminine figure.. Kinda like the original SJ. Something we stand no chance beating, something we just have to get away from.

SpeedyMaxx

It really looks basically exactly like the alien to me.

I expected something bigger, weirder and stranger to have come out of that jockey.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 02, 2012, 06:05:35 PM
It really looks basically exactly like the alien to me.

I expected something bigger, weirder and stranger to have come out of that jockey.

No real reason for it to be weirder looking as the biology of an Engineer is almost identical to humans. Larger with slightly different surface details (and maybe color) would be all that was necessary. You don't want to cross over into Chet territory.

Though a way to avoid all of that would have been to make the creature a peripheral threat rather than the main event a la The New Born. 

kittychu6

kittychu6

the engineers are human so so the engineer alien would look like a normal alien unless goo born body hugger aliens look different to egg born face hugger aliens.

that big engineer alient would be easy to customise for 12 inch 1/6 figures using the neca 20 inch 1/4 alien, or for 6 inch 1/12 figures use the 13 inch mcfarlane alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed