NECA AvP Predators

Started by Sabres21768, Aug 06, 2012, 12:59:38 AM

Author
NECA AvP Predators (Read 85,032 times)

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: LostHunter80 on Oct 08, 2012, 08:51:54 PM
I would love to see the kenner line redone with all the detail and  articulation NECA bringsyou the Predator and Aliens line both offer a multitude of designs right off the bat and would keep them going for quite awhile just picked up the Nightstorm Predator mint on card, would like to see him and the rest redone properly. As well as the Aliens.

a Bull alien done properly will be what the "Ox cut" of Alien 3 should have been

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

I'm fine with Neca doing Kenner revamps but just as long as they do them AFTER the movie figures (which includes AvP :D )

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Shadow on Oct 08, 2012, 09:58:40 PM
Quote from: LostHunter80 on Oct 08, 2012, 08:51:54 PM
I would love to see the kenner line redone with all the detail and  articulation NECA bringsyou the Predator and Aliens line both offer a multitude of designs right off the bat and would keep them going for quite awhile just picked up the Nightstorm Predator mint on card, would like to see him and the rest redone properly. As well as the Aliens.

a Bull alien done properly will be what the "Ox cut" of Alien 3 should have been
What do you mean by "should have been"? The adult Alien we saw in 'Alien3' was actually designed and filmed with the intention of it being the "ox alien", only after they'd filmed all the adult Alien scenes did they change up the host to be the dog.

LostHunter80

LostHunter80

Ox.....Bull just give me Xenos i will be happy, Kenners old stuff gives a great deal to run with as far as Aliens series goes i still want some eggs and face huggers done proper for display by neca

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Bump for AvP predators :( Has there been any news on them?

Wolf91

Wolf91

we won't be seeing them until next year or even the year after next... Neca has been quiet recently

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Personally I think it's too tall. Kevin Peter Hall was an inch taller than Ian Whyte. Randy can be a bit stubborn when it comes to criticism on Twitter, saying real life heights are irrelevant, and telling people commenting on it that "If you don't like it, don't buy it." If you compare the Predators to human characters on screen though, they should be the same height. Call me nit-picky, but NECA has always prided itself on screen accuracy.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

It's doubtful but maybe the bigger size has something to do with the new body?
I don't mind it personally, but I can see why it would be an issue.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah based on that prototype photo, it's definitely too tall.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

The prototype is built at 105% because there is shrinkage when it gets to production.

FriendlyPiranha

FriendlyPiranha

Based on that photo, the difference in size seems larger than 5%. Also, I'm not sure is a matter of perspective but I also think the head is too small compared to the body. It's just me or they changed the initial sculpt to more beefier bodies as most people suggested?

janenad

janenad

Just one question, are the new AVP predators in scale with 6-9 inch ones or are they 1/4 scale?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteClose up detail of the back of the new AvP predators. Tooling is under way. Coming later this Summer. #Prednesday

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/598649987027869696

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Looking good so far.
If they're saying late summer I'm gonna say they'll be in stores around August? Retailers out of HK would have them a bit sooner obviously. I'm hoping these guys don't have any defects like Renegade has from the last Kenner line

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed