Prometheus = Dark Mission-To-Mars reboot.

Started by 180924609, Jun 24, 2012, 08:29:57 PM

Author
Prometheus = Dark Mission-To-Mars reboot. (Read 10,602 times)

xii22loop

xii22loop

wowww I totally thought Red Planet and Mission to Mars were the same movie until now.

Ruk

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 25, 2012, 09:58:30 PM
Quote from: Ruk on Jun 25, 2012, 08:18:02 PM
Mission to Mars sucked. It was cheap cross between 2001, and Close Encounters. The alien was right out of Close Encounters. The Martian space ships look just like the one on Journey's Escape album!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g14/dirt_racer/2540031-journey-escape.jpg

No one said the Martian production design was cool.
That is the only thing PROMETHEUS has really going, its engineer universe look.
We are talking about the script.
PROMETHEUS is an even cheaper cross between 2001 and ALIEN if i follow in your foosteps.
I find M2M was way more satysfying even with its flaws than PROMETHEUS.

Prometheus was an Alien script redux with Chariot's of the Gods' astronauts, Betty Hill's star map, Bob Lazar's Zeta Reticuli, and District 9's black goo. No points for originality there.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 26, 2012, 01:05:01 AM
now comparing Prometheus to Mission to Mars  ???
All but an unfounded comparison, really.

timiteh

timiteh

Mission to Mars sucked. It was cheap cross between 2001, and Close Encounters. The alien was right out of Close Encounters. The Martian space ships look just like the one on Journey's Escape album!

If Mission to Mars sucked, what should we say about Prometheus ?
That it is an abomination ? [/sarcasm]
Seriously, M2M could have been better but at least the script is correct, the direction is correct,the score is great and the characters are interesting and all but dumb. Overall it was a correct movie, that i really like, which was not hyped to the death as being epic.

Prometheus could have been much better as the script is poor, the direction is far to be the best of the director,the score is not that great and the characters are annoying and so dumb that it is not even funny. Overall it was a passable movie which was hyped to death as being epic and scary. And i still wonder what is so epic or scary about this movie.

NGR01

Quote from: Ruk on Jun 26, 2012, 08:27:15 AM
Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 25, 2012, 09:58:30 PM

No one said the Martian production design was cool.
That is the only thing PROMETHEUS has really going, its engineer universe look.
We are talking about the script.
PROMETHEUS is an even cheaper cross between 2001 and ALIEN if i follow in your foosteps.
I find M2M was way more satysfying even with its flaws than PROMETHEUS.

Prometheus was an Alien script redux with Chariot's of the Gods' astronauts, Betty Hill's star map, Bob Lazar's Zeta Reticuli, and District 9's black goo. No points for originality there.

I surrender...
Man i even forgot about D9 black goo...
God that is really a lazy script...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed