Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage

Started by Darkoo, Apr 27, 2012, 10:50:04 AM

Author
Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage (Read 48,830 times)

Firestorm

I wonder what the black stuff is thats pooled on the ground, and why there are the serpent like creatures swimming in it.

A trap/security mechanism perhaps?

Ulfer

Ulfer

QuoteAnyone notice what appears to be a second 'mound' structure in the background of the shot featuring the airbourne explosion?

Yes, and there are several more, four or five (we see that in another still from other trailers).
Which should raise speculation : what are really those ? Why is there more than one of them ? Why is the alien spaceship hidden underground ? What is the meaning of this, an elaborated trap, a misunderstanding, but to what aims ? etc.

QuoteAll the things in this featurette are incredible

Indeed. I think they wanted to deliver something special, and for what we can see, they've kind of achieved it, on the artistic level at least. Usually I don't really care about books like "The Art of [insert film title here]", but that is not the case for Prometheus. I like the reuse of Giger's concepts, I like the visual universe they've created by expanding what Alien made us discover...

Zenzucht

Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on Apr 27, 2012, 09:08:22 PM
Has there been any word yet on what the budget of the film is?

About $100 million. A week of theatrical release, if everything will go well.

Zeta Reticuli

the visuals of this movie are absolutely mindblowing.
i could watch two hours of just the actors running around in the Prometheus ship :D

also i like what they did with the soundtrack of the movie.
a minimalistic soundtrack like in ALIEN just wouldn't fit this movie. the music they made for Prometheus has this common bombastic hollywood-epicness approach, but also some mystic elements which i like very much.

oh f*** only a little over two months to go now....

Eva

Perhaps someone already mentioned this, but did you notice how the Prometheus rotates around its own axis when approaching the planet surface - just like The Nostromo did when approaching LV-426?  :)

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Eva on Apr 27, 2012, 10:59:28 PM
Perhaps someone already mentioned this, but did you notice how the Prometheus rotates around its own axis when approaching the planet surface - just like The Nostromo did when approaching LV-426?  :)

I mentioned it earlier, but it's a great point.  I do like how they changed the angle of the camera so that we follow the pathway of the Prometheus and it looks like the planet is rotating around it (instead of vice versa like in the original film).

Sigglas

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 27, 2012, 11:12:17 PM

I mentioned it earlier, but it's a great point.  I do like how they changed the angle of the camera so that we follow the pathway of the Prometheus and it looks like the planet is rotating around it (instead of vice versa like in the original film).

Yeah, I absolutely love that shot. Love the detail with the blinking "warning" lights aswell!

Eva

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 27, 2012, 11:12:17 PM

True that... I wonder if it's a sly reference to Kubricks 2001 from Ridley... I remember a shot of a shuttle approaching the giant ferriswheel spacestation. At first the shuttle is seen rotating when approaching the hanger, aligning itself. Next we see the scene from the shuttles perspective and now it's everything else that rotates, just like you describe  :)

Stagin 26

Stagin 26

Quote from: Firestorm on Apr 27, 2012, 09:13:11 PM
I wonder what the black stuff is thats pooled on the ground, and why there are the serpent like creatures swimming in it.

A trap/security mechanism perhaps?
I think the black tar acts as a type of organic gel they survive in, maybe?

whiterabbit

Quote from: BUGZ on Apr 27, 2012, 08:08:43 PM
I do like this shot - Holloway grabbing the snake like creature from the black liquid. Could this also be the snake creature the rips it way through his suit in the trailer?

tbh it looks more like it's grabbing him.  :o

Also the thing on Davids finger; could that be the alien embryo?

Stagin 26

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 28, 2012, 01:19:36 AM
Quote from: BUGZ on Apr 27, 2012, 08:08:43 PM
I do like this shot - Holloway grabbing the snake like creature from the black liquid. Could this also be the snake creature the rips it way through his suit in the trailer?

tbh it looks more like it's grabbing him.  :o

Also the thing on Davids finger; could that be the alien embryo?
Yeh, sure looks like it. Reminds me of the X-Files :laugh:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The eel like creature kind of looks like a hand or maybe even a face hugger.

I remember there being a scene of shaw in the med pod with some green squid like appendages over her. The mutant who throws the crew member into the ground vehicle for a split second looks to have the something like that where his mouth should be. So are facehugger people!? :P

Also just how many time do they travel into the harkonnen? Most of the crew has to be inside of it when the Prometheus crashes into the juggernaut. And another point, does shaw get smashed by the juggernaut after she falls? After every trailer Vickers is seeming to became the major character here. Unless she is an android... a yutani model. :P

OpenMaw

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on Apr 27, 2012, 10:40:32 PM
lso i like what they did with the soundtrack of the movie.
a minimalistic soundtrack like in ALIEN just wouldn't fit this movie. the music they made for Prometheus has this common bombastic hollywood-epicness approach, but also some mystic elements which i like very much.

oh f*** only a little over two months to go now....

We haven't heard the proper music to Prometheus. Movie trailer music and featurette stuff is usually not made up of music from the film's score.

We're actually under two months now. A month and a week, give or take a few days.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 28, 2012, 01:46:42 AM
The eel like creature kind of looks like a hand or maybe even a face hugger.

Nah, from the still images we saw of the creature in the previous trailers, it's very much just like an eel, or a big leech.

I remember there being a scene of shaw in the med pod with some green squid like appendages over her. The mutant who throws the crew member into the ground vehicle for a split second looks to have the something like that where his mouth should be. So are facehugger people!? :P

Em, what?

Yeah, the thing over Shaw in the med bay is actually attached to her by an umbilicus.

Also just how many time do they travel into the harkonnen? Most of the crew has to be inside of it when the Prometheus crashes into the juggernaut. And another point, does shaw get smashed by the juggernaut after she falls? After every trailer Vickers is seeming to became the major character here. Unless she is an android... a yutani model. :P

I think it's very likely the team goes to it just the one time, and then returns to the Prometheus during the storm, then some of them return to find the Engineer preparing to take off and go kill everybody.

Cvalda

Goddamn do we need the English version of this featurette. That hideous Russian overdubbing makes the whole thing almost unwatchable with the audio on.

'Dat Vickers. 'Dat Jockey platform. And I wonder who gets what on Space Christmas, what with that tree and all. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed