Aliens Colonial Marines Q&A with Gearbox Software

Started by ikarop, Jan 25, 2012, 03:03:37 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Q&A with Gearbox Software (Read 44,806 times)

Mister T

I'm not a Thompson guy; I've never fired one.  Or a 1919 variant.  Or even a BAR military variant; though I do have a BAR in .30-06 (1964 manufacture - semi-auto only, designed as a hunting rifle and made by FNH Belgium, as all Browning weapons of that era were).  I have never gotten off on the 'giggle switch' that so many people just seem to love.  Semi-auto fire - aimed fire, is much more effective than the 'spray and pray' method of recon-by-fire seen in all conflicts up through Grenada.  I'd rather have, and have served in such a capacity, two or three designated marksmen attached to an MCM squad with a heavy weapons team providing fire support for fire-and-maneuver actions that are necessary when suppressing incoming fire so that an obstacle can be created or breached.

Yes, Combat Engineers have heavy weapons squads in every company; typically attached to the mobility/counter mobility platoon.

What was my point?

Ah hell, now I don't remember.  Guess I'll go to bed then. :)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

1 - Will their be any Predator cameos

2 - Any plans on putting Colonial Marines on the 3DS and Vita?

WinterActual

Guys can you move this iron sight discussion to somewhere else? I dont want if GBX will read the questions from the topic to cut some because they will skip your conversation and the questions of other users next to your posts  :-\

konradski

1  .will you pull support for this one as fast as the last so it dies just as quick
2, i like to aim on my own and crouch will i be able to in this one as the last one seemed broken but the one 8 years before  didnt
3.will there be more claustrophobic open areas that funnel me along a path  and i feel like im in a box
4,will this be in the £10.00 region to reflect its worth and a special edition with tshirt,sticker book and some extra skins any old norbert could do in mspaint

Xenomorphine

What prevented development of a playable single-player Alien campaign? Or is this being considered for future downloadable content?

Cameron's film made it ambiguous whether flamethrowers had any effect on the adult creatures. The first film had one hit by hot plasma exhaust and the third showed an Alien submerged in molten lead - both without apparent damage. With this in mind, will flamethrowers be practically useless? If not, why not?

Due to the chaotic nature of how radiation creates mutated genetic disorders, if there are multiple 'Crushers', how will their uniform appearance be explained?

Considering the inclusion of a 'Scout' class, what will be the explanation for why only 'Warriors' were shown during the events of the film?

Will the capability of Aliens to transform hosts into eggs in the absence of a Queen (possibly to produce one), as depicted in Ridley Scott's film, be depicted/hinted at?

Can motion trackers be spoofed?

The APC and dropship are famous, but will we see new types of military vehicles?

ikarop

Great questions everyone!

Also for those asking about Lance Henriksen, you probably missed this: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2011/06/13/lance-henriksen-to-feature-in-acm/

9th_Stew

will there be a mode where you can play on Hadleys hope before the explosion as a multiplayer map

alanwu1233

1.Will it support DX11 on PC version?
2.Is there a campaign for alien?
3.how's the multiplayer mode will be?(marines vs marines or marines vs aliens)
4.will you release the demo in the coming 2 months?
5.is it an open-ended first-person shooter game with many ways to meet objectives?

CSM101

Will I actually be able to buy the game and install and play it offline? Or is steam going to prevent me from playing it?  ::)

will there be split screen?

what non-campaign modes can we expect to see?

can you tell us something about multiplayer?

will the game's story be told mostly in cut-scenes, or in-game dialogue?

what unique features are in this game to help it stand out from the crowd of the FPS genre?

Berserker Pred

Can you aim down sights with the weapons? Can you tell us anything about the competitive multiplayer?

BISHOP 93

What can we expect from the xenos behaviour? Are they gonna crawl everywhere like avp? Or are we gonna see them walk like they are supposed to?

Byohzrd

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jan 25, 2012, 09:02:56 PM
The fact they are doing a Q&A already mean advertising.  ::)
And more is obviously going to come soon. Business...
We thought the same thing during E3, "oh cool trailers, and gameplay, things are starting to pick up!" followed swiftly by 6(?) MONTHS OF SILENCE.

wonkyfunk303

I just need to know one thing......... When... its.... out.... in a vasquez kind of accent ;-)

Sh0dan

Sorry ikarop. This isnt ontopic, but might help to cut down on questions that we already know the answer to.

This thread over the GBX forums covers a lot of stuff that we know. (Feel free to repost here if you like) :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed