Alien vs Predator-1999
21 (20.4%)
Alien vs Predator 2
59 (57.3%)
Aliens vs Predator 3
23 (22.3%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author
Best of the 3 AVP Games (Read 13,767 times)

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 25, 2011, 06:54:12 AM
Quote from: The Runner on Aug 24, 2011, 06:27:01 PM
I dont know but was AVP2 supposed to be a sequel to AVP 1999?

I mean events wise etc.

No, AvP2 was more it's own thing. It's still a good sequel in the sense that it's a good game though. :P

AvP99 didn't really have a story. It was more just a bunch of shit happening. As Marine you just woke up on an LV426 style location and had to get the hell out of dodge. As Alien you started in a temple, you eat a lot of people along your way and eventually stow away on a vessel headed to earth. And the Predator just turned up for the hell of it, I guess. There was no real characterization or in-depth motivation behind each of them. They were just there for no reason.

Do you remember (in the Alien campaign) that we cross a copy of the kitchen where Kane got "chestbusted"  ;D

Stalker

Stalker

I wasn't a huge fan of the campaigns in AvP '99. The levels were too corridor based & there was no real plot stringing it all together.

The Skirmish mode on the other hand, oh yes. I wish Survivor in AvP 2010 was even half that good.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Aug 25, 2011, 09:47:27 AM

I mean events wise etc.

No, AvP2 was more it's own thing. It's still a good sequel in the sense that it's a good game though. :P

AvP99 didn't really have a story. It was more just a bunch of shit happening. As Marine you just woke up on an LV426 style location and had to get the hell out of dodge. As Alien you started in a temple, you eat a lot of people along your way and eventually stow away on a vessel headed to earth. And the Predator just turned up for the hell of it, I guess. There was no real characterization or in-depth motivation behind each of them. They were just there for no reason.

Do you remember (in the Alien campaign) that we cross a copy of the kitchen where Kane got "chestbusted"  ;D

Did they do that in AvP2 as well in one of the pods? Or am I confusing the two games?

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 25, 2011, 04:17:57 PM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Aug 25, 2011, 09:47:27 AM

I mean events wise etc.

Did they do that in AvP2 as well in one of the pods? Or am I confusing the two games?

Don't remember anything of that kind in AvP2  ???  "Kane's kitchen" was only in AvP 99

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Aug 25, 2011, 04:26:59 PM
Don't remember anything of that kind in AvP2  ???  "Kane's kitchen" was only in AvP 99

I was thinking of this area:

But AvP99's was better. AvP99 even had the cryo-sleep room and the room where Ash studied the facehugger on Kane. Damn, now I wanna play through that campaign again. ;D

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 26, 2011, 03:39:50 AM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Aug 25, 2011, 04:26:59 PM

I was thinking of this area:

But AvP99's was better. AvP99 even had the cryo-sleep room and the room where Ash studied the facehugger on Kane. Damn, now I wanna play through that campaign again. ;D

Oh yeah is see. I also wanna play AvP99 now  ;D

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Just want to mention AvP 94 by Capcom.

If you like the Street Fighter series, then this game is a ton of fun. Imagine Street Fighter style combos as a Predator or Human on Aliens.

It is(?) classified as abandonware now and so the ROM file can easily be found online. If you know how to do the hadouken motion, then you're half way home.

Rogue Alien

Rogue Alien

I love AVP 2 because of the alien life cycle option ;D
and it had the best story with new enviroments for each level instead of avp 3 where you just play through the same enviroments as a different character.
The only thing I did not like about AVP 2 was that the alien couldn't sneak around like in AVP 1 :(

predxeno

predxeno

I pick AVP2.

kevinh3

kevinh3

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Sep 06, 2011, 09:17:02 AM
Just want to mention AvP 94 by Capcom.

If you like the Street Fighter series, then this game is a ton of fun. Imagine Street Fighter style combos as a Predator or Human on Aliens.

It is(?) classified as abandonware now and so the ROM file can easily be found online. If you know how to do the hadouken motion, then you're half way home.

AVP the arcade game is one of the best

robbritton

robbritton

AVP1 and AVP2 are both great games, but 2 just wins out because of the story - also the art direction subtly covering all four of the Alien movies in the environments is a nice touch. The only thing I've never liked in any of them are the queen battles. Please A:CM, can we have a queen battle that involves a bit more than just running backwards with all guns blazing!  :laugh:

Lie

Lie

Number 2 only for online not saying that I didn't like single player it's just that I mainly remember playing online with the 9thCMD.

StonedGirl9thCMD WHERE ARE YOU!!!

Predalien was slow as hell but the pounce was a one hit KO to eveything but Rykov (That fat bastard!) and Exo suits. The Predalien was slow as hell but if they gave it headbite I think that would of been very unbalanced you could still claw up dead bodies for health so it was no loss really. Snipers were a bitch and The Queen was ok ne some stages have to crawl through hallways and passage ways made it kinda shit. I didn't play as Predators all that much cause the only one I liked was the Light Pred mines and a spear is all you need, the reason I didn't like them all 6that much was; Press cloack "Aha! I'm a shimmer electric mass no one can see me now" get shot in the back by Rykov "God Dammint!". Life cycle was a f**king dream come true!

GG

Ite

Ite

Alien vs Predator for Atari Jaguar was best.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

AvP 2 and The Primal Hunt Add-on.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 26, 2011, 03:39:50 AM
Damn, now I wanna play through that campaign again. ;D
You can watch my playthrough which I made not long ago with the REDUX V2 mod http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD5E39A812AB3718A&feature=plcp I hope you enjoy it, if you watch it  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed