Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 565,081 times)

vikingr

vikingr

Like mentioned somewhere else:

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien: Resurrection
4. Alien 3

I like Alien the best because it's more horror (which I prefer over action), I like the whole setting a lot, the whole mystery about the space jockey and the claustrophobic Nostromo.

Aliens is really close though. The whole Colonial Marines thing is great, just as the queen and her final fight against the powerloader.

Those other ones are good, but not really worthy sequels in my opinion. They lack the uniqueness of the first two.

I'd say:

Alien 10/10
Aliens 10/10
Alien 3 7/10
Alien: Resurrection 8/10

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Alien is my favorite movie of the franchise.  What really pulls me into the films is the atmosphere, the designs, the sounds, the music, and the creature itself.  Alien is the only movie in the franchise that actually makes me fear a lone xenomorph.
10/10

Aliens is the runner up for me.  I feel the film had stronger characters and is more fun to watch because it is more action oriented.  The only problem I have with Aliens is what I consider the "dumbing down" of the xenomorph.  The xenomorphs are still scary and pose a great threat, but they don't match the original design of the creature.  However, I don't feel it is a flaw with the films itself, so I don't tend to mark it down for that.
10/10

Alien 3 is a film I have grown to love over the years.  I feel it's a big step-down after the first two films, but I also feel the Assembly Cut has made it more worthwhile.  This is just a case of bad studio interference and lack of funding.  While I feel Alien 3 isn't a necessary addition to the franchise, I feel it works well as the wrap-up to an overall great trilogy.
7/10

Alien Resurrection is a love it/hate it film for me.  I like many things about the film, but I also dislike almost the same amount of things.  I feel Alien Resurrection is a very unnecessary addition to an otherwise well wrapped up franchise.
5/10

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I like both Alien and Aliens equally but Aliens is really iconic and I like Ripley's character growth and the marines' wild personalities, so that gives it the edge for me.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Watchful Guardian on Feb 01, 2015, 12:35:25 PM
Alien is my favorite movie of the franchise.  What really pulls me into the films is the atmosphere, the designs, the sounds, the music, and the creature itself.  Alien is the only movie in the franchise that actually makes me fear a lone xenomorph.
10/10

Aliens is the runner up for me.  I feel the film had stronger characters and is more fun to watch because it is more action oriented.  The only problem I have with Aliens is what I consider the "dumbing down" of the xenomorph.  The xenomorphs are still scary and pose a great threat, but they don't match the original design of the creature.  However, I don't feel it is a flaw with the films itself, so I do not mark it down for that.
10/10

Alien 3 is a film I have grown to love over the years.  I feel it's a big step-down after the first two films, but I also feel the Assembly Cut has made it more worthwhile.  This is just a case of bad studio interference and lack of funding.  While I feel Alien 3 isn't a necessary addtion to the franchise, I feel it works well as the wrap-up to an overall great trilogy.
7/10

Alien Resurrection is a love it/hate it film for me.  I like many things about the film, but I also dislike almost the same amount of things.  I feel Alien Resurrection is a very unnecessary addition to an other-wise wrapped up franchise.
5/10

I like the way you think, sir

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

10/10

Aliens is the runner up for me.  I feel the film had stronger characters and is more fun to watch because it is more action oriented.  The only problem I have with Aliens is what I consider the "dumbing down" of the xenomorph.  The xenomorphs are still scary and pose a great threat, but they don't match the original design of the creature.  However, I don't feel it is a flaw with the films itself, so I do not mark it down for that.
10/10

Alien 3 is a film I have grown to love over the years.  I feel it's a big step-down after the first two films, but I also feel the Assembly Cut has made it more worthwhile.  This is just a case of bad studio interference and lack of funding.  While I feel Alien 3 isn't a necessary addtion to the franchise, I feel it works well as the wrap-up to an overall great trilogy.
7/10

Alien Resurrection is a love it/hate it film for me.  I like many things about the film, but I also dislike almost the same amount of things.  I feel Alien Resurrection is a very unnecessary addition to an other-wise wrapped up franchise.
5/10

I agree with you, save for your thoughts on A3. It didn't need to be made.

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 02, 2015, 04:51:14 PM
10/10

10/10

Alien 3 is a film I have grown to love over the years.  I feel it's a big step-down after the first two films, but I also feel the Assembly Cut has made it more worthwhile.  This is just a case of bad studio interference and lack of funding.  While I feel Alien 3 isn't a necessary addition to the franchise, I feel it works well as the wrap-up to an overall great trilogy.
7/10

5/10

I agree with you, save for your thoughts on A3. It didn't need to be made.
Oh, I agree.  That's what I meant when I said Alien 3 wasn't necessary.  What I meant was that the film wraps up Ripley's story as a trilogy, even if it isn't nearly as good as the first two.
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 01, 2015, 07:22:32 PM
I like the way you think, sir
Why thank you, kind sir.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm probably going to be the black sheep in the Alien community for saying this, but here goes.

After watching Alien and Aliens back-to-back last night (on the big screen!), I can say that Alien is, by far, a superior film to Aliens. It has better acting (which isn't saying much given that both films are very well acted, but Alien feels more real), a more creative set design (the derelict), the Alien actually felt, y'know, *alien* (as opposed to the generic space bug of Cameron's film), a much more unsettling and scarier feel to the whole package (rather than the run n' gun of Aliens), and the characters didn't irritate me like some did in Aliens.

Sorry folks but Hudson really started to irritate the f**k out of me by the time the APC was trashed and f**k NEWT. Holy shit. I wanted that Warrior that corners her in the water to kill her, if it meant not having to endure her ear-piercing screeching anymore.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

I have to go with Aliens I like that one.

byzantineknight

byzantineknight

Alien, Alien 3, Aliens, Alien Resurrection

szkoki

szkoki

Alien, Aliens, Alien3 is one big movie for me

Alien³

Alien³

No particular order for the first 3.

A:R is a laugh from time to time.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

1 - ALIEN 10/10
2 - A3 9/10
3 - A:R 6/10
4 - ALIENS 6/10
5 - PROM 5/10

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

1. Alien 10/10
2. Alien³ 8/10
3. Aliens 10/10
4. Prometheus 7/10
5. Alien: Resurrection 4/10

The numbers 1,2,3,4,5 are the order in which my opinions on their quality is respresented.
Whilst the ratings -are the order in which I know where the best quality stands, despite my personal preferences.

(For example, Alien³ being a personal preference but the knowledge that in objective terms "Aliens" is better.)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 10:53:19 PM
The numbers 1,2,3,4,5 are the order in which my opinions on their quality is respresented.
Whilst the ratings -are the order in which I know where the best quality stands, despite my personal preferences.

(For example, Alien³ being a personal preference but the knowledge that in objective terms "Aliens" is better.)

I agree with this, people should separate their subjective opinion of their objective opinion.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 27, 2015, 11:00:48 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 10:53:19 PM

I agree with this, people should separate their subjective opinion of their objective opinion.

Oh I love this...

"Objectively" only ALIEN deserves its acclaim.

ALIENS is a simple Hollywood sci-fi action movie. A3 suffers from continuity problems and a flawed production. A:R is too cartoonish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed