Post your cool Dinosaur pictures!!!

Started by chrisr232007, Jun 18, 2011, 02:10:52 AM

Author
Post your cool Dinosaur pictures!!! (Read 77,530 times)

Shasvre

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 11, 2012, 06:57:10 PMLove me some Crash McCreery concept art.
That awesome stuff you find when googling that name. :o

King Rathalos

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 11, 2012, 07:53:50 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 11, 2012, 06:57:10 PMLove me some Crash McCreery concept art.
That awesome stuff you find when googling that name. :o

Oh man, that first one with the raptors and that fourth one of the Rex, all of my love. ;D

Kol

Kol

i don't like the head of the t-rex, but the rest is stunning.  :o

Bat Chain Puller

Wow. This is brand spanking new. 2012 running T-Rex by Papo.

Oh what I wouldn't give to have a soft latex/silicone foam filled stop motion armature of a T-Rex or Raptor.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Looks like the JP Rex and the Vastatosaurus had some wiiild night together.

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 12, 2012, 05:19:59 PM
Wow. This is brand spanking new. 2012 running T-Rex by Papo.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc377/BatChainPuller/Prunningrex2.jpg

Oh what I wouldn't give to have a soft latex/silicone foam filled stop motion armature of a T-Rex or Raptor.

another goody to add to the collection. i love the papo dinosaurs

chrisr232007

Snowdog

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Mar 14, 2012, 04:03:18 AM

He stole his left feet from godzilla.

King Rathalos

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: King Rathalos on Mar 14, 2012, 09:17:08 PM

Hope the artist isn't one of these 'OMG THIS IS UNREALISTIC' kind of guys in documentaries, because... well.

Requiem28

Did I have to find this thread?   ::)

Vertigo

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 22, 2011, 10:54:53 AM
In the novel, the Raptors are indeed Deinonychus, but at the time Crichton wrote Jurassic Park Deinonychus was still classified inside the Velociraptor genre (it would get its own genre only later)

Sorry to resurrect an ancient post, but actually Deinonychus was named such upon its discovery. Crichton was trying to use all the most cutting edge research when he wrote Jurassic Park, much of which has since been debunked. For example, the tyrannosaur's movement-based vision was inspired by some of the earliest attempts at dinosaur brain case analysis, which somehow managed to compare the animal's optics to that of an amphibian. Now we know that the rex had one of the most formidable array of senses of any land animal.
In the raptors' case, a small group of palaeontologists were trying to unify the two genera into one, similarly to how Jack Horner has recently with Triceratops and Torosaurus. I assume the skulls were missing for one or both animals, as the enormous difference should really have been immediately apparent...

Anyway, sorry for the small size of some of these.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, what I tried to say is that Crichton, at the time, was following Paul's classification, which was one of the most accredited.

Deadmeat

This thread is so awesome I'm afraid to spoil it with some horrible art.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed