Predator Heat Vision

Started by Jasonix, Apr 23, 2011, 10:00:11 AM

Author
Predator Heat Vision (Read 6,399 times)

Jasonix

Jasonix

hey all,

i'd love to play around with the predator heat vision but i can't find the files in any packed folders. I was wondering if someone can help me out and tell me the path to the necessary files.
Your help would be appreciated  :)

ikarop

ikarop

\graphics\specialfx\fsfx

All gradients are there.

Jasonix

Jasonix

thanks very much  ;D

shadowedge

shadowedge

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread but I have the Steam version of this game and there is no "\graphics\specialfx\fsfx" area on my PC.

Here is my folder structure: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\aliens vs predator\Graphics

There is no specialfx folder in my graphics folder. Does anyone else know of a way to get the heat vision gradients? Thanks.

ikarop

ikarop

You need to unpack the .asr file first. For e.g multiplayer.asr, you will find the files there.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 01, 2012, 11:55:02 AM
You need to unpack the .asr file first. For e.g multiplayer.asr, you will find the files there.

Sorry for the late reply by which asr file do I need to unpack in order to get the heat vision?

This is my graphics folder:

Thanks.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 05, 2012, 08:00:49 AM

Sorry for the late reply by which asr file do I need to unpack in order to get the heat vision?

Thanks.

You can find that file in your Characters folder.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 05, 2012, 01:18:54 PM

Thanks.

Thank you very much! I found them and extracted the nessessary files.

Two more questions:

1. Is there any guides that tell the temperature of various people/objects in the game so I can sync the correct temperatures?

I found each of the thermal vision gradients and I opened them up in Photoshop after renaming them .dds. They just seem to be a standard blue-red gradient.

For comparison I opened up some other people's gradients on moddb.com and they are quite different.

So is there any temperature guides?

2. I extracted each of the vision modes as "BLOCK.XXX.bin" files:

grey_gradient, tech_gradient, tech_world_gradient_darker, thermal+gradient, thermal_gradient_cold, pred_zoom_static, and fsfx_scanlines.

When it came to step 7 in your tutorial, I opened "beam.asr" with the Asura Engine Extractor, but there are only two places available to add the vision modes. Is there any other file I can open that has the 7 necessary slots open?

I know that your VisionPack2.en file on moddb has 10 places open for them in the Asura Extractor, and I am just wondering how you got the necessary places available. What file did you use to get them?

3. I made a working test vision pack using grey_gradient, tech_gradient, tech_world_gradient_darker, thermal+gradient, thermal_gradient_cold.

I made a working test vision mode pack using your "VisionPack2.en" as a base in the Asura Extractor program instead of beams.asr so I would have enough slots for everything.

I changed:
grey_gradient = solid grey
tech_gradient = green
tech_world_gradient_darker = solid black
thermal_gradient = red
thermal_gradient_cold = blue

Just to see how each gradient effected each aspect of the game and when I played the game I got this:

I take it that:

grey_gradient = everything in alien vision mode (you+background+marines) (xenomorphs not included as they somehow have their own pallet).

thermal_gradient_cold = the background in Thermal mode.

thermal_gradient = Predator (Player) Predator (other players) and marine bots in thermal mode.

What does tech_gradient and tech_world_gradient_darker do? I couldn't get them (black and green) to show up anywhere. Are they not used?

Thanks.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 06, 2012, 03:50:28 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Jun 05, 2012, 01:18:54 PM

Thanks.

Thank you very much! I found them and extracted the nessessary files.

Two more questions:

1. Is there any guides that tell the temperature of various people/objects in the game so I can sync the correct temperatures?

I found each of the thermal vision gradients and I opened them up in Photoshop after renaming them .dds. They just seem to be a standard blue-red gradient.

For comparison I opened up some other people's gradients on moddb.com and they are quite different.

So is there any temperature guides?

2. I extracted each of the vision modes as "BLOCK.XXX.bin" files:

grey_gradient, tech_gradient, tech_world_gradient_darker, thermal+gradient, thermal_gradient_cold, pred_zoom_static, and fsfx_scanlines.

When it came to step 7 in your tutorial, I opened "beam.asr" with the Asura Engine Extractor, but there are only two places available to add the vision modes. Is there any other file I can open that has the 7 necessary slots open?

I know that your VisionPack2.en file on moddb has 10 places open for them in the Asura Extractor, and I am just wondering how you got the necessary places available. What file did you use to get them?

3. I made a working test vision pack using grey_gradient, tech_gradient, tech_world_gradient_darker, thermal+gradient, thermal_gradient_cold.

I made a working test vision mode pack using your "VisionPack2.en" as a base in the Asura Extractor program instead of beams.asr so I would have enough slots for everything.

I changed:
grey_gradient = solid grey
tech_gradient = green
tech_world_gradient_darker = solid black
thermal_gradient = red
thermal_gradient_cold = blue

Just to see how each gradient effected each aspect of the game and when I played the game I got this:

I take it that:

grey_gradient = everything in alien vision mode (you+background+marines) (xenomorphs not included as they somehow have their own pallet).

thermal_gradient_cold = the background in Thermal mode.

thermal_gradient = Predator (Player) Predator (other players) and marine bots in thermal mode.

What does tech_gradient and tech_world_gradient_darker do? I couldn't get them (black and green) to show up anywhere. Are they not used?

Thanks.

there are no guides that tell the temperatures you just need to see what colour is where in normal vision and try to put the colour you want on the right place or just experiment with colours.
to have 10 slost just go to fonts and open fonts.asr
and i do not know what the tech gradients do :D

ikarop

ikarop

Tech gradients is just an unused gradient. Edit the other two.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Thanks guys!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed