The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 462,761 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Next episode is looking good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKxOe8sspKM#ws

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Laufey on May 11, 2011, 07:50:00 PM

Thanks  :-X Now i really can't wait for next week :P

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on May 11, 2011, 07:50:00 PM

Wow...looks like Baratheon put a bounty out on Ned. Some friend.

Sharp Sticks

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Bronn!

Pn2501

Pn2501

Nice infographics

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I was wondering, if anybody else has read the book do you think in the Television series they will
Spoiler
kill Ned off; having him beheaded, on Joffrey's orders, as it happens in the book.
[close]
Or, like
Spoiler
in True Blood where characters from the books where survived in the television series due to how popular they are.
[close]
Because
Spoiler
Sean Bean is awesome, and I wouldn't want him to die. But, I'm sure the story will still continue to be awesome!
[close]

Any thoughts?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
He has to die.  If you don't kill off the main/important secondary characters in the series, you lose the feeling of how pissed you were at the time as well as the feeling of surprise when "bad" characters in the future are written in such a way that you can actually feel sympathy and even understanding for why they acted the way they did.  I totally hated Jaime at the end of Game of Thrones, at the end of Storm of Swords, he was one of my favorites. Keep it the same, it already has enough drama without adding different plot twist and storylines to draw it out.  They might not even finish the first book this SEASON.
[close]

If they want to draw it out, they can go back and do prequel stories of the time of the Usurper and Mad King Aerys.  Or Ned and Robert's story.  Since that has ton of interesting backstory in it just by itself.  Tower of Joy anyone?  One of the most epic battles in the series happens in a backstory you only get a snippet of.  When the 7 compannions (one being Ned) take on three of the more elite of the Kingsguard.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

That episode. Holyshitf**k.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Bronn!  Even though I don't think they've mentioned his name yet.  He's the one cutting up everybody on the way to the eyrie that isn't Rodrik (Jory's dad with the white porkchop beard).  He'll also play a significant part during the next episode. 

Spoiler
The big confrontation between Jaime and Eddard didn't happen that way in the book.  They slayed Eddard's horse and it fell over on him while Jaime's men killed Eddard's men.  That said, the confrontation between the two was epic and you see why Jaime never takes damage in melee confrontations (even if he's only moderate with a lance).  Man is a straight up baller.  I liked that Jory killed two of the Lannister men with ease, then was killed by Jaime with ease.  Different tiers of fighters.
[close]

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 16, 2011, 05:13:50 AM
Spoiler
The big confrontation between Jaime and Eddard didn't happen that way in the book.  They slayed Eddard's horse and it fell over on him while Jaime's men killed Eddard's men.  That said, the confrontation between the two was epic and you see why Jaime never takes damage in melee confrontations (even if he's only moderate with a lance).  Man is a straight up baller.  I liked that Jory killed two of the Lannister men with ease, then was killed by Jaime with ease.  Different tiers of fighters.
[close]

Spoiler
Certainly, in that buddy over there Caeser'd Ned in the back before shit could really go down. What did he say to him last time, 'you pick your opponents well?'.

Great stuff.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 16, 2011, 05:21:23 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on May 16, 2011, 05:13:50 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Certainly, in that buddy over there Caeser'd Ned in the back before shit could really go down. What did he say to him last time, 'you pick your opponents well?'.

Great stuff.
[close]

Spoiler
It is different because in the book Jaime just gave the orders.  The hbo fight version while hollywood is much more interesting.  That said Jaime is one of the best swordsmen in the severn kingdoms in the books, even though it isn't mentioned in this particular scene in the original, and one of his men did step in the show, his armor is never scarred because people struggle to land hits on him.  I got the impression that even Eddard was outmatched because he only came close to hitting him.  There are two elite swordsman in the Kingsguard right now, and Jaime is one.  The other is Barristan the Bold.
[close]

Just remember how you feel about Jaime now.  And then look back at this thread during season 3.  And remember his displeasure at not getting to face Eddard on equal footing and other instances where his "honor" comes into play.  Both good and bad.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Just watched ep 5 holy shit! All types of awesome.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Another great episode!

Spoiler
Wow, lot of stuff going on in this one. First of all, that scene with Lysa was f**ked up. The last scene was amazing, pity on Jory though. It will be interesting to see how the Stark's handles this.
[close]

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 16, 2011, 05:30:12 AMJust remember how you feel about Jaime now.  And then look back at this thread during season 3.  And remember his displeasure at not getting to face Eddard on equal footing and other instances where his "honor" comes into play.  Both good and bad.

I don't really dislike his character. Sure, he has some twisted sides, but he's an interesting character. And very well played in the series in my opinion.

First Blood

First Blood

This was a really great episode. I am really starting to like the character of Tyrion more and more. And the confrontation between Ned & Jaime Lannister was great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed