12 (29.3%)
Simply Terrible
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 940,684 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They were simply outclassed. There's nothing to it.

Gazz

Gazz

Sure. But I too would have preferred to have been shown what made those Jaeger's formidable badasses rather than simply being told. Would have made their inevitable outclassing all the more impactful. Pacific Rim didn't leave me with too much to criticise but that's always bugged me.

Magegg

Magegg

They were there just to die. Movie sucks.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gazz on Apr 29, 2015, 12:19:41 AM
Sure. But I too would have preferred to have been shown what made those Jaeger's formidable badasses rather than simply being told. Would have made their inevitable outclassing all the more impactful. Pacific Rim didn't leave me with too much to criticise but that's always bugged me.

Well you did see the Thundercloud formation which was pretty awesome and overall I'd say Typhoon held in there pretty well against Otachi until the tail whack. They just didn't see it coming. As for Cherno, they'd likely never seen an acid attack before so they weren't expecting it.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

The point of the movie was that the Jeager program was dead and they were cobbling up together whatever they had against an increasingly stronger group of Kaiju. Striker Eureka was the only last generation Jeager in that whole group, right? Cherno Alpha was gen 1.

So there is an actual story explanation.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 29, 2015, 02:28:23 AM

Well you did see the Thundercloud formation which was pretty awesome and overall I'd say Typhoon held in there pretty well against Otachi until the tail whack. They just didn't see it coming. As for Cherno, they'd likely never seen an acid attack before so they weren't expecting it.

I don't deny that there's reason for them being destroyed in the manner they were and at the time they were destroyed, just that there's scant visual evidence of their badassery prior to their destruction (with the exception of the Australian team who- if I remember correctly- are shown destroying a Kaiju in a previous attack). I would have liked to have seen more backstory to these lumbering metal monsters so that when they were dispatched with quite so easily by a greater foe it came as more of a shock.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Apr 29, 2015, 04:18:08 AM
The point of the movie was that the Jeager program was dead and they were cobbling up together whatever they had against an increasingly stronger group of Kaiju. Striker Eureka was the only last generation Jeager in that whole group, right? Cherno Alpha was gen 1.

So there is an actual story explanation.

I don't see how that impacts my criticism.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gazz on Apr 29, 2015, 09:18:04 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 29, 2015, 02:28:23 AM

I don't deny that there's reason for them being destroyed in the manner they were and at the time they were destroyed, just that there's scant visual evidence of their badassery prior to their destruction (with the exception of the Australian team who- if I remember correctly- are shown destroying a Kaiju in a previous attack). I would have liked to have seen more backstory to these lumbering metal monsters so that when they were dispatched with quite so easily by a greater foe it came as more of a shock.

Yes, we see Striker take out Mutavore. Fair enough on the rest of your comment. I guess there wasn't time to fit it all in. Remember this was three years into the kaiju war.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

The big three military powers (Russia, China and U.S) all have the last remaining Jaegers. And then you have little Australia with the most advanced Jaeger! How did we manage that with our tiny military and defence budget? Always found that kind of funny along with the terrible fake Aussie accents. Were all the real Australian actors to busy playing Americans?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"Spring-Loaded Projectiles"...just hearing that makes me think back to my childhood toys 8)

Gilfryd

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

f**king hell, can you imagine how the big the box for that thing is going to be?

Gilfryd

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Battle at the Docks Gipsy?!? Oh come off it NECA...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed