Fassbender: Prometheus is absolutely connected to Alien

Started by Darkoo, Feb 12, 2011, 07:01:18 AM

Author
Fassbender: Prometheus is absolutely connected to Alien (Read 33,577 times)

Darkoo

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/02/11/prometheus-alien-michael-fassbender/

Oh, absolutely. There's a definite connecting vein," Fassbender told MTV News when asked pointblank whether or not "Prometheus" and "Alien" are connected. "You realize you're part of something else, but it's definitely in keeping with the old ones."

Although it explores other areas of that universe, it appears that "Prometheus" and "Alien" exist in the same space. For Fassbender, that connection was initially a bit overwhelming: "When I read it, I was like, 'Well, okay, another Alien. Where do you go with this idea?' And then I sort of read the script, and it's new, yet it's in keeping with the old traditions as well. But there's a whole new revelation within this film."

"The first 'Alien' [movies], they were thrillers," he continued. "Something's going on. It's creeping, it's sinister. Things are happening, it's building, [and there are] different sorts of intrigues and politics going on between the different relationships on board."

Fassbender's description of "Prometheus" echoes back to the atmosphere of Scott's original "Alien" movie, but according to the actor, it's not all claustrophobic horror – there's action as well.

"There's action in it," he said, "but the intelligence is what struck me when I read it. It's more sort of like the original ones. There are things happening and building, and the intelligence of the first two-thirds of the film gets you ready for the action."

For his own part, Fassbender says he's considering preparing for the shoot with some specific physical training: "I was thinking about doing some yoga, some Pilates. I need to sort out my posture a little bit. I want to be as tall as I can standing next to those aliens!"

Xhan

Connected != Internacivus Raptus.

Sharp Sticks

He's Magneto! He's lying to you, you fools! We can't trust him!

I'd be wearing a tin foil hat, but he'd use it to crush my skull!

RakaiThwei

Okay so, this movie is a prequel, then it's not a prequel but hinted to be either a stand-alone or a side-story, now it's an Alien film again...

So it's what, a side-story or something?

-Rakai'Thwei

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 12, 2011, 07:08:03 AM
Okay so, this movie is a prequel, then it's not a prequel but hinted to be either a stand-alone or a side-story, now it's an Alien film again...

So it's what, a side-story or something?

-Rakai'Thwei

It's a plot twist.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Feb 12, 2011, 07:12:47 AM
It's a plot twist.

Still not getting it.  ???

If that was a joke, I missed the punchline.

-Rakai'Thwei

Federick Gonsa

I guess I'm no comedian. :(

BonesawT101

notice how when he says - "I want to be as tall as I can standing next to those aliens!" (although he seems to be joking), perhaps this relates to the earlier leaked sky information  - from sky's source  - "Despite that press release that seemed to indicate there were no aliens in the movie, the familiar HR Giger-style aliens do appear. Big ones apparently."

Hive Tyrant

It got a chuckle out of me, Federick.

Gazz

Yup, sounds like there are some definite connections. Seems to be that it's set in the universe and there will be a "revelation" in dealing with the mythology if we take what Fassbender says on face value.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You know what, I now want a film about the production yaddas of Prometheus.

dandan

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 12, 2011, 08:19:03 AM
notice how when he says - "I want to be as tall as I can standing next to those aliens!" (although he seems to be joking), perhaps this relates to the earlier leaked sky information  - from sky's source  - "Despite that press release that seemed to indicate there were no aliens in the movie, the familiar HR Giger-style aliens do appear. Big ones apparently."

yeah thats what i fought.. or it could be the space jockeys as they are meant to be big n tall

Ghost Rider

So, this an Alien film? ???

Darkoo

chupacabras acheronsis

I know when i'm being trolled.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed