Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 418,389 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I loved the first one, I absolutely loved the second one and I appreciated for what it was worth the third one.
I think the gameplay became smoother and smoother and I'm expecting some advancement in Andromeda.
But on the opposite, I think the "story / plot" just got worse bit by bit, same with exploration.
ME2 was kind in the middle of everything, it's a good balance between scripted event / exploration / story and smooth gameplay. That character though, I mean Garrus, Thane, Legion, Samara, Mordin... Good memories.

It's probably the video game I've spent the most time on, I really loved the entirety, my only real complain goes with the third one which story is passable and exploration is down to 0. Every side mission just look like a generic multiplayer map, far from the originality ME2 side mission had.

Gate

Gate

I'll keep saying it man, ME3 is a masterpiece when you start to analyze its philosophical ramifications. I do think they could've made it way better, and I found a video to prove what I mean:
https://youtu.be/pTKJEtzuj-4

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Big fan of this series too & feel the same that ME2 was the best balance of the 3. I got lost in that game for a long time doing all the different choices and didn't play anything else. I like ME3 as well but agree, think they could have done better. I love the whole intro bit to ME3 though because of it taking place in Vancouver which is my home so for me it was like seeing a futuristic looking version of my home being invaded by Reapers. Gave me some feels for that as to what it would be like to see my home destroyed by an unstoppable force. Looking forward to Andromeda but I hope we get to see more interesting aliens besides the same basic 2 arms 2 legs setup. It's a brand new galaxy, I want to see some truly bizarre stuff.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Not a fan of Mass Effect but I can't say I don't love this song:

She also did a few playthroughs so if anyone is interested take a look.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Not bad for sure but as a muscian, I can't help but feel the keyboard isn't playing it correctly and sounds off key when it goes to the lower note. I've played through the intro enough times to have that piece of music memorized and it sounds wrong to me from what I hear in the game soundtrack. Everything else is good she's doing, it's just that low keyboard note that bothers my ears for tuning/being in key.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

When are we getting remastered editions of the trilogy with all bugs fixed and 60fps @ 1080p?

Vertigo

Vertigo

PC version goes right up to 144hz.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

N7 day is approaching, I am so ready:

Local Trouble

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

God I still cannot understand why EA won't remaster these games. They'd sell by the bucket load.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 07, 2016, 07:55:25 PM
God I still cannot understand why EA won't remaster these games. They'd sell by the bucket load.

Maybe they will after they release Andromeda.  I'd love to see the Commander Shepard trilogy in 1080p @ 60fps on the Xbox One Scorpio.

Until then, I'm going to keep an eye on this page and see if the price drops.  That would make a good Christmas gift for my Xbox One-owning friends and family who don't have the entire series.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I can't wait for this.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

How I felt:

Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It could be my imagination, but I think ME3 actually runs better on the Xbox One.  The frame rate seems smoother and I like that I don't have to swap discs.  The Xbox One controller is also more comfortable to use.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed