Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 418,347 times)

Vakarian

Vakarian

Spoiler
Goddamn it, I literally just finished the game not more that 20 minutes ago, f**k am I glad I chose to destroy the reapers. I was almost tempted Into control because of EDI and the Geth, not wanting to destroy those "Allies" but I chose to stay with wanting to destroy them all. Also waking up in the pile of rubble? "That was cool. Here's to hoping that ending DLC if There is one, comes along soon.

I loved the game none the less, well played Bioware.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Interesting theory. Find it compelling. However, that does not change the fact that the game was shipped without a proper ending. That is really what pisses me off. It's like releasing Lord of the Rings, but having it stop as soon as the ring is destroyed, and then putting out the rest as a separate short film. And what about all the sorry bastards who don't have Xbox Live?

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

When it came to the ending I think I was more pissed off about
Spoiler
Joker flying away. Like where the feck are you going funny man? Just up and abandon my ass, flying away in the middle of a war. Oh and he took off with my love interest too!  :laugh:
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: coolbreeze on Mar 16, 2012, 03:51:57 AM
When it came to the ending I think I was more pissed off about
Spoiler
Joker flying away. Like where the feck are you going funny man? Just up and abandon my ass, flying away in the middle of a war. Oh and he took off with my love interest too!  :laugh:
[close]

:laugh: :laugh: That made me lol.

Quote from: Sierra on Mar 16, 2012, 03:49:12 AM
Spoiler
Goddamn it, I literally just finished the game not more that 20 minutes ago, f**k am I glad I chose to destroy the reapers. I was almost tempted Into control because of EDI and the Geth, not wanting to destroy those "Allies" but I chose to stay with wanting to destroy them all. Also waking up in the pile of rubble? "That was cool. Here's to hoping that ending DLC if There is one, comes along soon.

I loved the game none the less, well played Bioware.
[close]

Niiiice! No doubt the game was one of the greatest made. No doubt.

I think I'll go beat the game with my new guy, then go back and replay it with my main Shepard
Spoiler
I choose control  :-X :P
[close]
Then I'll probably beat it 5 or 6 more time.  :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 16, 2012, 03:50:05 AM
Interesting theory. Find it compelling. However, that does not change the fact that the game was shipped without a proper ending. That is really what pisses me off. It's like releasing Lord of the Rings, but having it stop as soon as the ring is destroyed, and then putting out the rest as a separate short film. And what about all the sorry bastards who don't have Xbox Live?
Been said plenty of times. Unfortunate, yes, but that's just how it is... or how it isn't at all-- but that's highly doubtful.

It's not like the ending is going to be a full-on seperate prouduct; if it is infact free, then the only downside here will be the wait. I personally feel pretty goddamn impressed that the indoctrination worked with me and drove me to 'control', leaving me bound to the Reaper's control.

I'm officially considering this a hell of a cliff hanger before the finale. Like a TV show. Once we go on a replay run, it'll all run together like a movie.

f**k the Reapers; destroy all the time now. Fight the system!

Prime113

Prime113

f**k yea! As System of a Down said it "f**k the system, f**k the system, f**k the system!

Vakarian

Vakarian

Spoiler
I just found it funny when I first seen it, because when the crucible AI says "You can choose to destroy us." and it showed Anderson (the paragon) blowing up the reactor, I knew that was the paragon decision, but when you come to reality you see that what would have been Andersons choice is highlighted red as a Renegade choice. It confused the f**k out if me first and I almost decide to jump into the big green beam.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

One of the most brilliant and revealing parts was the Renegade/Paragon colours flipping to fit the Reaper agenda. Shepard has the flashes of each side to the moral coin, both the Renegade and the Paragon character fulfilling thier respective goals; the fact that it threw everybody off is proof of the entire scene's effectiveness. Look at Shepard's face as he shoots the generator-- pure defiance.

Gotta love it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 16, 2012, 04:00:35 AM
I'm officially considering this a hell of a cliff hanger before the finale. Like a TV show. Once we go on a replay run, it'll all run together like a movie.

I'm getting sick of cliffhangers this week. First Doctor Who, then Sherlock, now this...

FINISH YOUR GORRAM STORIES! :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I know this is off-topic, but I really cant' wait to start watching Sher

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It's fantastic. First episode had a weak ending, but overall it was great; and it only got better after that.

Also: the Doctor. Not necessary to watch all 6 Series' since the reboot; I started on 5, got right in.

Watch them.

Prime113

Prime113

Has anyone found the M-99 Saber in the campaign?

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Prime113 on Mar 16, 2012, 05:10:24 AM

Can be obtained in Sanctuary in the damaged room shortly after the horizontal lift in one of the husk pods by manually opening the pods with an override console on the opposite end of the room from the Saber.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Sierra on Mar 16, 2012, 05:26:29 AM
Quote from: Prime113 on Mar 16, 2012, 05:10:24 AM

Can be obtained in Sanctuary in the damaged room shortly after the horizontal lift in one of the husk pods by manually opening the pods with an override console on the opposite end of the room from the Saber.

What Sierra said. Also to add, it's the part where you face the Brutes and Banshees.

I unlocked the Kingdom of Amalur armour. It looks cool but has no real bonuses to it.

Predboy

Predboy

This was a great game, but with a crappyass ending.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed