Your favorite tips and tricks

Started by brennan4, Oct 01, 2010, 01:18:33 AM

Author
Your favorite tips and tricks (Read 20,215 times)

Grid_Life

Grid_Life

I noticed that if you're an alien and it gives you the option to trophy kill a predator after countering, don't.  They break out of it most of the time, just heavy attack

Marinho

Marinho

Quote from: Grid_Life on Mar 24, 2013, 04:37:26 AM
I noticed that if you're an alien and it gives you the option to trophy kill a predator after countering, don't.  They break out of it most of the time, just heavy attack

Depends on how much life that still have your oponent. Must consider that trophy kill take away certain amount of life and if your oponent has more than that amount he will release automaticly.

BR1XER

BR1XER

Quote from: Marinho on Mar 26, 2013, 11:41:35 AM

Depends on how much life that still have your oponent. Must consider that trophy kill take away certain amount of life and if your oponent has more than that amount he will release automaticly.

Exactly. To note, marines have 3 bars, aliens 4 bars, and preds five bars of health. Light attacks deal one bar of damage, while heavy attacks deal two, and stun your opponent. Marines that are stunned with the heavy attack will never break out. But preds, with 3 bars left, will. Use two heavy attacks simultaneously on a pred, then opt for either light attack or finishing kill.

As a marine, only once have I managed to break out of an alien finishing kill. The player pounced and knocked me down, but probably forgot about the extent of my damage.

Grid_Life

Grid_Life

Quote from: jedi9061 on Mar 30, 2013, 03:57:24 PM
Quote from: Marinho on Mar 26, 2013, 11:41:35 AM

Exactly. To note, marines have 3 bars, aliens 4 bars, and preds five bars of health. Light attacks deal one bar of damage, while heavy attacks deal two, and stun your opponent. Marines that are stunned with the heavy attack will never break out. But preds, with 3 bars left, will. Use two heavy attacks simultaneously on a pred, then opt for either light attack or finishing kill.

As a marine, only once have I managed to break out of an alien finishing kill. The player pounced and knocked me down, but probably forgot about the extent of my damage.

I just wanna make a really big quote box :P

BR1XER

BR1XER

Jumping before initiating a heavy attack almost always works for me, but with more success with the alien's focus ability than the predator's. Though you could say it's a noob tactic.

Hiding out in a narrow corridor with a shotgun works against predators most of the time.

I would advise using the smartgun or a grenade against a pack of enemies fighting each other.

Most players nowadays will opt for heavy attacks, so LA or melee them as soon as they come into range.

On a note, you will most frequently encounter in the refinery map predators looming all over the second floor, and aliens in the shadows or on the ceiling on the first floor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed