Your favorite tips and tricks

Started by brennan4, Oct 01, 2010, 01:18:33 AM

Author
Your favorite tips and tricks (Read 20,140 times)

brennan4

brennan4

this is a thread to talk about your favorite techniques, strategies, and tricks from multiplayer. Some of mine are using the spear in close combat, gliding to the side while using the tail attack, and keeping an eye on likely predator sniping points so I can snipe them. No cheap spamming ideas please. Map specific strategies perfectly acceptable.

Hunter158

Hunter158

I usually play as a Xenomorph and I picked up a trick from a friend.
When you use a Heavy Attack, jump as you go into it, it usually works; unless your opponent is quicker or already knows that trick.
Heh
Thats all I got so far, as I tend to race around opponents and jump from wall to wall while using leap attacks.
Basically disorientation tactics. (Can backfire)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Hunter158 on Oct 01, 2010, 02:35:09 AM
When you use a Heavy Attack, jump as you go into it, it usually works; unless your opponent is quicker or already knows that trick.
Heh
Thats all I got so far, as I tend to race around opponents and jump from wall to wall while using leap attacks.
Basically disorientation tactics. (Can backfire)

Now I know your secrets. Prepare to die!  :P

Stalker

Stalker

My favourite tip- Play on a server that doesn't have a shit connection. Works every time  ;).

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 01, 2010, 09:01:08 AM
My favourite tip- Play on a server that doesn't have a shit connection. Works every time  ;).
My God! How did I not think of that before!
;)

Hunter158

Hunter158

Quote from: AcidGlow on Oct 01, 2010, 07:59:57 AM
Yeah, well, I watch your Youtube vids to learn your tactics

:D

IRL_Calibre

IRL_Calibre

90% of Preds/Aliens strafe right (your left)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: Hunter158 on Oct 02, 2010, 09:32:21 AM
Quote from: AcidGlow on Oct 01, 2010, 07:59:57 AM
Yeah, well, I watch your Youtube vids to learn your tactics

:D

DOH!!!

Le Celticant

Against marines who block heavy attack just start it and cancel it (block) and then counter the marine.
The poor dude just went into the trap and so you can kill it very easily.

Stalker

Stalker

I find that most experienced players all use pretty much the same strategy.

Noobs tend to just forget about the block & heavy attack altogether, making them easy targets. On the flip side, good players can usually anticipate their opponents' move set by judging what they would do in that situation. The real key to victory is just getting the timing right.

IRL_Calibre

IRL_Calibre

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 03, 2010, 03:46:26 AM
I find that most experienced players all use pretty much the same strategy.

Noobs tend to just forget about the block & heavy attack altogether, making them easy targets. On the flip side, good players can usually anticipate their opponents' move set by judging what they would do in that situation. The real key to victory is just getting the timing right.

On the PC getting the "timing right" is nigh on impossable when you have idiots with pings of 250/300 playing on the server from thousands of miles away - another good tip is to just leave the server when they join - much like Stalker's tip above.

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: IRL_Calibre on Oct 02, 2010, 09:57:44 AM
So how do you stop them?

IRL_Calibre

IRL_Calibre

Quote from: brennan4 on Oct 06, 2010, 11:42:52 PM
Quote from: IRL_Calibre on Oct 02, 2010, 09:57:44 AM
So how do you stop them?

now, funny you should ask brennan4 , I find the tried and tested method of shooting them in the face as they try to strafe around you works best tbh. So, make sure your crosshairs are aiming where they are going to be - before they are.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd341/IG-Calibre/AvP_DX112010-09-2223-37-43-71.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd341/IG-Calibre/AvP_DX112010-09-1422-41-31-17.jpg

Richardus

Richardus

Quote from: Hunter158 on Oct 01, 2010, 02:35:09 AM
When you use a Heavy Attack, jump as you go into it

So all I have to do. Is perform a heavy attack and press jump?

Hunter158

Hunter158

Yeah, as you go into tail whip you jump and move sideways, makes you harder to hit

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed