Comics Missed from Omnibus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 05, 2009, 10:34:42 AM

Author
Comics Missed from Omnibus (Read 22,037 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Aliens:

-AlienĀ³
-Alien Resurrection

We decided against reprinting the movie adaptations for a variety of reasons. Since the movies are widely available, the comics adaptations are kind of redundant and a poor substitute for the films.

-Countdown
    -Crusade

The stories that were printed in the UK Aliens books either have no existing files or artwork available to us (Countdown) and/or the stories weren't completed (Crusade). We decided to not include those for those reasons.

-Newt's Tale

There is an issue of likeness rights that precluded us from reprinting this. Someday, maybe.

(-Tribe)

Since this isn't comics, we decided to not include this in the Omnibus collections.

Predator:
-Predator 2

Again, we decided not to reprint the movie adaptations.

So that's that folks.

SM

SM

QuoteThere is an issue of likeness rights that precluded us from reprinting this. Someday, maybe.

Good thing the likenesses  in Earth War looked nothing like Ripley, Newt and Hicks.

Or whoever they are now...

SiL

SiL

Pimpley, Spew and Shits, I think we're up to.

I'm not sure what they mean by likeness, though. No-one in Newt's Tale was recognisable.

SM

SM

Just get them to blur all the faces like they do on Cheaters on telly when they can't get clearances.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 10, 2009, 11:54:35 PM
    -Countdown
    -Crusade

The stories that were printed in the UK Aliens books either have no existing files or artwork available to us (Countdown) and/or the stories weren't completed (Crusade). We decided to not include those for those reasons.

If it's a case that they don't have the films or original artwork for "Countdown,"  they can always scan the old pages from the Aliens UK magazines and work from there.   Something similar was recently done by editor Randy Stradley for the Star Wars/Dark Horse line when they didn't have access to pages/films from a particular Star Wars story from the U.K.   And a board member donated a copy of his book to scan for a reprint hardcover.   They pretty much copied pages from the old Indiana Jones Marvel comics for thier remastered Omnibus line too.

I wrote to Dennis Beauvais months ago about chances for a "Countdown" reprint and he said the person to ask would be Chris Warner.   But I guess we just heard his answer on it now.    ::)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Dec 11, 2009, 12:11:41 AM
Just get them to blur all the faces like they do on Cheaters on telly when they can't get clearances.
The artwork wouldn't look any worse!

Or just replace their faces with smiley faces.

Funk

Funk

Damn. Anything about Space Marines?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

At this point, I doubt we'd see Space Marines, but I'm actually really kinda jonesin' for Omnibi of the crossovers, now. It'd give me an excuse to reread them (and read the ones I haven't yet) and the completist in me just wants it so that everything is there sitting on my shelf.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I'm with you Domino. I'm also a little sad that the movie comics won't be reprinted. I'd like them just for completest sake.

alienfan95610

alienfan95610

Got my email response from Chris Warner concerning the chances of all the crossover series being reprinted in omnibus form......

Not likely.

The reasons concern the costs involved vs. the amount of profit. He said it would be fairly difficult to make a profit on crossover omnibus reprints since the profits would have to be shared between companies. He did NOT close the door on there ever being crossover omni reprints...he gave the indication that if the new Aliens/Predator films coming out next year brought more interest for the comics, it would be very likely that Dark Horse/other companies would look into reprinting more material. Until that happens, or if it even happens, I wouldn't hold my breath for crossover omni reprints....... :'(

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Well dang. At least they are willing to do it, and they do have a good reason for not doing it yet. 

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Yeah, I know Marvel and DC have had all sorts of heck trying to wrangle out crossover collections. One would think it would be a whole other ball of wax without Marvel in the picture, but one never knows.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I would at least expect to see AVP Vs the Terminator re printed as DH has the rights to all three.

SM

SM

Maybe it depends on whether they still have the license.  I think Terminator licenses can be a bit of a minefield.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

They just reacquired the Terminator license (first film only), but then the question arises as to which omnibus to put it in. I could see it being reprinted in a crossover onmibus, but not unless that happens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed