Why do aliens look different (storywise) ?

Started by Dr.Weird, Aug 15, 2009, 12:53:03 PM

Author
Why do aliens look different (storywise) ? (Read 9,043 times)

Dr.Weird

Dr.Weird

What is the story behind why aliens look different? alien from the film alien looked different, alien from aliens looked different, alien from avp looked different, alien from avp:r looked different, and yet, they all spawned from humans. Any theories?

Pred Killer

Maybe from different hives/queens. ???

Mr. Domino

Why do you look different from me?

It's all a matter of genetic variance, probably from the queen - for instance, the queen was birthed under these circumstances, so her spawn will have these characteristics. In addition to this, there's the common theory (of course spit upon by avpr) that the ridged aliens from Aliens were merely older than the newborn drones of Alien, Alien 3, and Alien: Resurrection, thereby shedding their domes.

Pred Killer

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Aug 15, 2009, 01:51:47 PM
Why do you look different from me?

It's all a matter of genetic variance, probably from the queen - for instance, the queen was birthed under these circumstances, so her spawn will have these characteristics. In addition to this, there's the common theory (of course spit upon by avpr) that the ridged aliens from Aliens were merely older than the newborn drones of Alien, Alien 3, and Alien: Resurrection, thereby shedding their domes.
I always regarded the AvP films as not canon friendly to the Alien franchise. I'm just stickin' with the theory that aliens from different hives have different appearances. Like, the Aliens from the Queen before the Queen in Aliens all had smooth domed heads, whereas the Queen after her had offspring with ridges, who knows how the Queen's off spring after that hive would've looked?

bobby brown

bobby brown

I dont think they are diffrent breeds, the alien from the first movie spawned form the exact same place as the ones in aliens.

there is no complete coverage of why the aliens looks diffrent in the films.

and btw the the aliens in AR looks diffrent is NOT of DNA fuc*ery. fuc*in bullshit.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 15, 2009, 03:42:57 PM
I dont think they are diffrent breeds, the alien from the first movie spawned form the exact same place as the ones in aliens.

Same place, different queen. Which, of course, was my whole point.

Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 15, 2009, 03:42:57 PM
and btw the the aliens in AR looks diffrent is NOT of DNA fuc*ery. fuc*in bullshit.

Those who can't, swear till someone listens. With asterisks, no less. I'm frightened.

Dr.Weird

Dr.Weird

I do not believe in the whole "different queen, different drones" thing. Why are the queens different then? And remember, not all creatures look alike from their mother, great white sharks all look the same.
And i did not see a queen in alien. The alien drones from aliens all came from the eggs in the derelict, the alien in ALIEN came from these eggs too, so why do they look different? the queen thing is clearly false.
And the drones did not all come from the queen, the queen could not have laid enough eggs in such a short time for all those drones, and cameron did write a scene in aliens where all the eggs hatched in the derelict and escaped.
Quotethere's the common theory (of course spit upon by avpr) that the ridged aliens from Aliens were merely older than the newborn drones of Alien, Alien 3, and Alien: Resurrection, thereby shedding their domes.
How did avpr spit on this theory? the dome shedding thing makes more sense to me than different queens. Why would all the queens be different?

Xenomrph

There's no real explanation for why Aliens look different from each other. The obvious explanation is "artistic choice" on the part of the director, but that doesn't explain story-wise why they look different.

The Aliens look *really* different when you start incorporating stuff like the comics and video games, too. I think the easiest way to approach it is "they don't have a set appearance, and can look different for reasons we don't understand".

Dr.Weird

Dr.Weird

okay, any theories?

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PM
I do not believe in the whole "different queen, different drones" thing.

Well, ok, that's your prerogative, I guess, but you did ask for opinions. Sorry if I didn't give you the exact opinion you were looking for.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMWhy are the queens different then? And remember, not all creatures look alike from their mother, great white sharks all look the same.

Granted. Great White Sharks all look the same. But humans don't all look the same. This is a completely moot point, because you really have no idea what goes on with the aliens to say they're more like a shark than you or I.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMAnd i did not see a queen in alien. The alien drones from aliens all came from the eggs in the derelict, the alien in ALIEN came from these eggs too, so why do they look different?

No, the alien drones from aliens did not all come from the derelict. Russ Jorden brought an embryo back from the derelict, which became a queen, which is what birthed all the other aliens. At least, you know, that's what Cameron said, but hey, what does he know. The Big Chap came from the derelict eggs. The Cameraliens came from the queen.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMthe queen thing is clearly false.

Clearly. I love how you ask for opinions on an open forum, and when you get one that's not exactly what you're looking for, you use logic that really makes little sense to claim that its 'clearly false'.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMAnd the drones did not all come from the queen, the queen could not have laid enough eggs in such a short time for all those drones, and cameron did write a scene in aliens where all the eggs hatched in the derelict and escaped.

Ah, wonderful. Its so nice to meet someone who's privy to exactly how alien biology works, who's not making any conjecture whatsoever!

Also, this scene you're talking about? Never heard of it. And if I've never heard of it, I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I am saying it is pretty damn obscure, and not an idea that cameron much likes to talk about. But then maybe he only tells it to his close personal friends - you know, the people with whom he shares the time it would take for a queen to create a hive.

Quotethere's the common theory (of course spit upon by avpr) that the ridged aliens from Aliens were merely older than the newborn drones of Alien, Alien 3, and Alien: Resurrection, thereby shedding their domes.
How did avpr spit on this theory?

AVPR spits on that theory because the aliens in that movie were quite fresh, and yet domeless. I would think that much would be self-evident.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMthe dome shedding thing makes more sense to me than different queens. Why would all the queens be different?

I don't know why all the queens would be different. But I also don't know why they wouldn't be different. You seem to be the one with all the answers, so perhaps you should tell me.

Dr.Weird

Dr.Weird

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Aug 15, 2009, 06:51:11 PM
I do not believe in the whole "different queen, different drones" thing.

Well, ok, that's your prerogative, I guess, but you did ask for opinions. Sorry if I didn't give you the exact opinion you were looking for.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMWhy are the queens different then? And remember, not all creatures look alike from their mother, great white sharks all look the same.

Granted. Great White Sharks all look the same. But humans don't all look the same. This is a completely moot point, because you really have no idea what goes on with the aliens to say they're more like a shark than you or I.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMAnd i did not see a queen in alien. The alien drones from aliens all came from the eggs in the derelict, the alien in ALIEN came from these eggs too, so why do they look different?

No, the alien drones from aliens did not all come from the derelict. Russ Jorden brought an embryo back from the derelict, which became a queen, which is what birthed all the other aliens. At least, you know, that's what Cameron said, but hey, what does he know. The Big Chap came from the derelict eggs. The Cameraliens came from the queen.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMthe queen thing is clearly false.

Clearly. I love how you ask for opinions on an open forum, and when you get one that's not exactly what you're looking for, you use logic that really makes little sense to claim that its 'clearly false'.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMAnd the drones did not all come from the queen, the queen could not have laid enough eggs in such a short time for all those drones, and cameron did write a scene in aliens where all the eggs hatched in the derelict and escaped.

Ah, wonderful. Its so nice to meet someone who's privy to exactly how alien biology works, who's not making any conjecture whatsoever!

Also, this scene you're talking about? Never heard of it. And if I've never heard of it, I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I am saying it is pretty damn obscure, and not an idea that cameron much likes to talk about. But then maybe he only tells it to his close personal friends - you know, the people with whom he shares the time it would take for a queen to create a hive.

How did avpr spit on this theory?

AVPR spits on that theory because the aliens in that movie were quite fresh, and yet domeless. I would think that much would be self-evident.

Quote from: Dr.Weird on Aug 15, 2009, 05:06:12 PMthe dome shedding thing makes more sense to me than different queens. Why would all the queens be different?

I don't know why all the queens would be different. But I also don't know why they wouldn't be different. You seem to be the one with all the answers, so perhaps you should tell me.

Man, i disagree with you and and you start acting like a jewish mother! "is this not good enough anymore? you must know better then me", bla bla bla , sheesh.
Anyway, there is no evidence of the different queen, different ebrio thing, there could be other reasons. And the scene i spoke of was not filmed due to budget restrictions, cameron spoke of it in his interview on one of the aliens dvds. And c'mon, allot of people are gonna disagree with you, there is no need to cry about it.

So far, aliens resemble ants and bees, they are a buglike species as cameron stated. Do ants from the same species look different from eachother because they all had different queens? no they do not. And cameron supports something like this because he made the aliens film and it is canon, thus aliens are buglike.

Mr. Domino

Dude, I don't care if someone disagrees with me. If everyone agreed, these forums would be boring. I don't like it when people ask for my opinion on something, and then insult it. There's a huge difference between saying 'no, I don't think this is right' and saying 'this is clearly wrong'.

Xhan

ALIEN is the purestrain forbear/original as proposed by O'bannon and Shusett, the one that was actually smarter than people with culture and books and stuff and eventually outgrew the KILLKILLRAWR tendencies in maturity, and the Queen and CamerAliens are disposable Jockey weapons, made from killing off their original  symbiont hosts (triptych/pyramid) and then harvesting the original and modifying subsequent generations to fit their weaponized goal.

Kane found a pure batch, Russ found a weaponized batch, complete with mobile factory (Queen).

bobby brown

Riiiiiiiight,. lets stick to the movies should we?

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Butt-hurt ALIENS hater  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed