Is anyone with me when I say...

Started by Alien³, Jun 07, 2009, 10:17:05 AM

Author
Is anyone with me when I say... (Read 10,503 times)

Alien³

Alien³

..I would like this prequel to stay well away from the Jockeys and Ripley all together. Come up with something that won't ruin the mystery of the jockey's or mess with Ripley's timeline? I mean they are treading on thin ice as it is, the company has already f**ked up Bishop's timeline, it wouldn't take much to ruin Ripley's.

Who would like to see something set before Alien but something totally new.

Chrysalis

Chrysalis

I agree about not having Ripley in it, but I would like to know how space jockeys fit in, and I would like to know about the aliens' origins.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Chrysalis on Jun 07, 2009, 10:21:53 AM
I agree about not having Ripley in it, but I would like to know how space jockeys fit in, and I would like to know about the aliens' origins.

This.

If there's going to be another Alien movie, it has to have some kind of substance and has to add to the mythos in some way, or we'll just get another pointless Ressurection. And I think the only way to do that is to look into the origins of the Aliens, and maybe the Jockeys. I only say maybe as the Jockeys are something that would need to be done 100% right, or it'll go horribly wrong.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

If they insist on delving more into the mythos, I would rather it be just as vague and unclear as it was in Alien. Basically only giving us a small taste, but not a complete picture. I'd rather them not completely reveal everything about the creature.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I agree. They shouldn't strip away all of the mystery surrounding them, but without some new ideas and possibilities to explore it'll just end up being derivative like I felt A:R was  :-\

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Exactly. Maybe there should just be something like a hologram giving some kind of cryptic explanation that the human cast stumble across. And I emphasize cryptic.

Spidey3121

Indeed... i really don't know how they can pull of a sequel and leave a lot of mystery left. I loved 'Alien' b/c not everything was explained. Yes - the company knew what they were going to find but i don't really need or want to know how they found it there. I also don't need to see how that ship crashed there either or know anything more about the Space Jockeys...

Well - ok - i admit a film involving two alien species and our involvement in capturing one sounds cool and all but if it was it's own separate story, not part of the existing 'Alien' series.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 07, 2009, 01:22:10 PM
If they insist on delving more into the mythos, I would rather it be just as vague and unclear as it was in Alien. Basically only giving us a small taste, but not a complete picture. I'd rather them not completely reveal everything about the creature.

Well one of Ridley's complaints about the AvP's was that they revealed the creature too much.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 07, 2009, 11:18:17 PM

Well one of Ridley's complaints about the AvP's was that they revealed the creature too much.
That's what Aliens did though.
You have to ask yourself what they didn't reveal in that movie. They did show us the creature much more, they did show us how they operate in groups and they even showed us how the eggs are being produced with the queen and all.

Spidey3121

If you want to talk about revealing the creature too much just look at Alien Resurrection. I mean there were some interesting scenes but with the ultimate result, i felt, was that the alien was scary anymore. Really that is one problem this film will have to overcome - the Alien used to be scary but Alien Resurrection with it's 'black comedy' style or w/e managed to remove any sense of fear. AvP did a better job even although not enough time was spent creating a claustrophobic feeling once the team got separated.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 07, 2009, 11:51:59 PM

You have to ask yourself what they didn't reveal in that movie. They did show us the creature much more, they did show us how they operate in groups and they even showed us how the eggs are being produced with the queen and all.

We're not talking about Aliens, which was a good movie anyway.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWe're not talking about Aliens, which was a good movie anyway.
Didn't you notice the contiguity?

I brought up Aliens for a specific reason, it is a good movie, but it demystified the creature a whole lot more then AvP.

There was nothing in AvP that wasn't shown before in Aliens.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Yeah - except the Aliens were still very scary in 'Aliens' even with all that was shown of them. I agree that nothing was shown in 'AvP' that wasn't already seen in 'Aliens' but 'Aliens' did a better job creating a sense of fear. Plus by the time 'AvP' came out we already had 'Alien Resurrection' which completely removed any fear the creatures still imposed.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 08, 2009, 03:50:46 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 07, 2009, 11:51:59 PM

We're not talking about Aliens, which was a good movie anyway.

...What does that have to do with his point?

Übermensch

I don't want to see too much explained.  They could just leave a lot to the imagination, but give us some more info about the alien's origins.  In other words, less is more. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed