I think this man should be the man inside the new Alien suit.

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jun 07, 2009, 08:16:28 AM

Author
I think this man should be the man inside the new Alien suit. (Read 2,733 times)

EEV2650

Quote from: Undeadite on Jun 08, 2009, 06:18:09 PM
Quote from: EEV2650 on Jun 08, 2009, 12:32:41 PM
I wouldnt complain if he was in the alien suit that's for sure. I'm hoping he plays King Thranduil in 'the hobbit'. That's Legolas's dad for the people who don't know squat about Tolkien.

Im sure he will be several characters, as long as Del Toro doesnt have a case of the stupids.

I'm sure your're right about Del Toro casting him in numerous roles since that's what Del Toro seems to enjoy doing with Mr. Jones. My question is what other roles would be suitable for him? I cant see him as a dwarf or Beorn who are large, gruff characters. An elf is all i can see him as unless he was cast a villager of lake town.

Undeadite

He can be the human half of one of the spider people.

EEV2650

Quote from: Undeadite on Jun 08, 2009, 06:32:30 PM

What do you mean by spider people? You mean the spider voices?

TJ Doc

Doug Jones could well be the perfect fit for the new Alien.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!!!

Undeadite

Quote from: EEV2650 on Jun 08, 2009, 06:47:57 PM
Quote from: Undeadite on Jun 08, 2009, 06:32:30 PM

What do you mean by spider people? You mean the spider voices?

Arent there spider people in some forest? Or am I just having a bout of horrible memory?

EEV2650

A horrible bout of memory  :D

In mirkwood there are giant spiders that talk same as the eagles and smaug. I dont even know what a spider person is  :D you'll have to enlighten me.

Undeadite

I guess when I read the book as a kid I always pictured the talking spiders to be half human like a centaur or something.

EEV2650

ok, but no. The giant spiders are just like shelob but smaller and not as dangerous. In fact they are the incesctous offspring of Ungoliant.

Undeadite

I had enough trouble with real world mythology, I dont need to add the Tolkien universe into the mix lol.

EEV2650

You can never have too much mythology in your life. It spices up the mundane

Mr. Domino

I really hope Fox is keeping up with this thread. Mr. Jones would completely breath new life into the greatest fictional extraterrestrial of all time.

Hellmistress

Sadly, Doug won't be Thranduil in THE HOBBIT - Guillermo has already said so, but I'm pretty sure he'll have a role/roles in both films.

As for ALIEN ... Doug is half-an-inch shy of six-four and weighs 140 pounds, all of it very graceful muscle and bone. He's not known as the Lon Chaney of his generation for nothing :D

http://www.thedougjonesexperience.com/panDDT.htm

HM

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Hellmistress on Jun 10, 2009, 03:18:08 PM
Sadly, Doug won't be Thranduil in THE HOBBIT - Guillermo has already said so, but I'm pretty sure he'll have a role/roles in both films.

As for ALIEN ... Doug is half-an-inch shy of six-four and weighs 140 pounds, all of it very graceful muscle and bone. He's not known as the Lon Chaney of his generation for nothing :D

http://www.thedougjonesexperience.com/panDDT.htm

HM

HE CAN DO IT!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed