Predator Killing Humans

Started by xLV-426x, Aug 11, 2008, 09:03:39 PM

Author
Predator Killing Humans (Read 2,861 times)

xLV-426x

xLV-426x

In Predator, the Predator is killing the humans, for no reason really, whereas in both AVP films he is a sort of ally to the humans. It's probably because of the Aliens are the main target but why does the Predator kill the humans in Predator.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Good question. In the original movies, the predators were out hunting humans. They were experienced killers and were looking for challenging prey, aka miliatry experts and drug lords. In AVP the predators were inexperienced and were being blooded as full fledged hunters. Now when the predator in AVP helped the human Lex, it was because both of them needed each other to survive. As for AVP-R, the predator didnt really care about the humans, he was there only to clean up the mess that his race made. That is in a nuttshell... feel free to get technical lol.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Actually, the AvP Preds were also experienced hunters (note the human skulls worn by Gill). The trial they were going through seems to be more of a best of the best trial.

Predators hunt humans because humans make good sport. Thats all there is to it.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Eidotemit on Aug 11, 2008, 09:35:34 PM
Actually, the AvP Preds were also experienced hunters (note the human skulls worn by Gill). The trial they were going through seems to be more of a best of the best trial.

Predators hunt humans because humans make good sport. Thats all there is to it.

Ah, did not notice that. I dont think they were experienced in the novelization, but I guess that would be just one more thing that makes it better than the movie lol.

Lyana

Lyana

Anderson was merley combining the story of the alien and the predator. A lot of information was probably missed, but he had connections with the director of Predator. How it acts, it's code of bushido. Why not have named Predator HVP. Human vs predator. Look at the tilte guys. AVP ALIEN VS PREDATOR, it's just between those two and those two only.

smokeykit

smokeykit

lol, for the HVP and the AVP comment: why not have the next alien/predator movie that happens on earth be more like that? HVAaP - Humans vs. Aliens and Predator? that would be so cool if they did that! what are we humans? just prey to both alien speices? i think our speices in the predator/avp stories proves that we're not just prey, or even "damn good prey" - i think it proves that we got what it takes to take both sides on and probably win in a fight (i've only seen one or two of the alien movie side of this so i can't say if we really would kick butt in that storyline with that speices, even in a crossover). but that's just me.  8)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Well the Predators didn't kill the commando's for no reason, they were armed and dangerous. If Anytime did decide to kill all in sight he would have hunted and killed Anna too.

Stalker

Stalker

In the original Predator movies, it was essentially the creatures out hunting for sport. On Earth, the most dangerous & challenging prey are humans, with all the tools of war we have created.

In the first AVP, Scar sided with Lex as to have the best chance of survival inside the temple, although I honestly thought the team-up idea was horrible in the first place. As far as AVP-R goes, Wolf was there to exterminate the aliens, not to specifically be an ally to the humans, as evidenced by his merciless nature towards them.

Quote from: Eidotemit on Aug 11, 2008, 09:35:34 PM

According to Paul Anderson, they had to earn the right to undergo the blooding ritual by hunting humans first. In the end though, they were only teenagers in predator terms, & in my opinion they showed far less skill than those in the original Predator movies.

The entire point of the trial was to prove whether they were worthy of being called "men"...they failed.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Stalker on Aug 12, 2008, 06:14:18 AM

According to Paul Anderson, they had to earn the right to undergo the blooding ritual by hunting humans first. In the end though, they were only teenagers in predator terms, & in my opinion they showed far less skill than those in the original Predator movies.

The entire point of the trial was to prove whether they were worthy of being called "men"...they failed.

That was one of the ideas brought by the original AVP comics/book series, but it is expanded universe and apparently they had human skulls already so that just goes to show how much Anderson was paying attention lol.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

According to Paul the AVP preds were the most experienced we'd seen yet, but still only teenagers in Predator terms. But again, this is according to Paul Anderson.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Undeadite on Aug 12, 2008, 06:26:12 AM
That was one of the ideas brought by the original AVP comics/book series, but it is expanded universe and apparently they had human skulls already so that just goes to show how much Anderson was paying attention lol.
There's no contradiction there. Besides, as someone pointed out earlier, one of the three predators has human skulls adorning its armour. The answer is that humans simply weren't the priority in either of the AVP movies. If you were out in the woods you wouldn't shoot a squirrel if there was a bear racing toward you. By the same token, just because you kill a squirrel once doesn't mean you have to do it whenever you see one. If you can't work that out for yourself then the whole concept behind this discussion is probably beyond you.

Layorz

Layorz

Yet instead of stealthing into the pyramid they not only kill the digger work crew, but skin them and hang them up.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

not skin, just hang.

smokeykit

smokeykit

i still not sure just what the AVP really was all about - the Predators had to have known that humans had the technology to have satellites in orbit that would have (and did) pick up several things done before the ship arrived  in orbit (at least, that's the way it came across in the TV version  ::)). so i wonder why they "announced" themselves to humans like that? especially when the Predators seem to go to great lengths to remain unknown to humans. to me, it set the predators up for trouble right off - teenagers or not in age or experience. though seeing how the humans walked into the hunt out of curiosity... and i would love to know why they (the humans) were armed in the first place? beyond polar bears - what other animal in that area of the world would even be a threat to the humans? not counting the Predators or the alien queen within the pyramid.  :-\

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Layorz on Aug 12, 2008, 08:18:42 AM
Yet instead of stealthing into the pyramid they not only kill the digger work crew, but skin them and hang them up.
Well if you're heading toward a bear's cave and there are a bunch of squirrels outside with pointy sticks being a nuisance you'd probably get rid of them first, so you can concentrate properly on the more dangerous adversary.

The slaughter in the whaling station was nothing like the measured hunt we saw in the Predator movies. It seemed to me that they were just getting the humans out of the way before they concentrated on the real thing. The mercenaries were obviously too removed from the pyramid to serve as hosts for more aliens, and the predators would probably want to limit the number of hosts anyway, given how deadly the aliens proved to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed