Alien Strength

Started by xLV-426x, Aug 10, 2008, 07:01:40 PM

Author
Alien Strength (Read 2,938 times)

xLV-426x

xLV-426x

In pretty much all four of the Alien films the Aliens were more resistant to attacks and much smarter.

In AVPR the Aliens were weak and stupid, and the Predator is always the hero - An 'Old Fashioned' Alien could've beat a Predator easy.

Maybe it's just that Aliens are sorta unstoppable with humans, not Predators.

scarface

scarface

I beleive the only reason the aliens sucked in AVPR was because of how fast the cycle was because of the new system, because the ones spawned from humans were a lot smarter, but there were only 2 so it was hard to tell from which.

War Wager

War Wager

Then how is this 'embryo impregnating' an effective method? The sole reason the 'Aliens' in Requiem act the way the do is because the BS are obsessed Predaboys that want the Predator to a God-like creature that is just 'badass' and 'awesome'. Thats the real reason no matter how many times they deny.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

The BS wanted scenes to be so 'cool' and ott for the predator, that they turned the once smart and deadly alien into a punching bag.

marrerom

marrerom

i would say that judging from the movies that aliens are just as strong as predator.... except of course for the predaliens and queens, they are stronger then preds.

InFaHazel

InFaHazel

you guys missed the point. Wolf killed aliens for breakfast  for hundreds of years.  Don't you think it is possible that the aliens in the present time are less evolved then the aliens thousands of years from now ?

it makes a lot of sense that wolf could kill a lot of aliens with all the weapons and skill and centuries of practice

but the ending was lame put em up boxing  i can hardly move in this rubber suite where is Ian White ?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: InFaHazel on Aug 11, 2008, 02:35:03 AM
you guys missed the point. Wolf killed aliens for breakfast  for hundreds of years. 

We don't know how long Wolf has been a hunter, nor how many aliens he has killed, or if he has even killed any since his own blooding ritual.

Quote from: InFaHazel on Aug 11, 2008, 02:35:03 AMDon't you think it is possible that the aliens in the present time are less evolved then the aliens thousands of years from now ?

No. First off, the aliens in AvP were more able than the aliens seen in AvP:R (and most of the AvP:R aliens are from the AvP brood). Reason the second, evolution doesn't occur over a few hundreds of years but thousands upon thousands of years. Finally, the aliens were already in eggs and thus conceived, and not evolving; when the aliens are born all but one, the queen, gives birth to a new generation, not much natural selection occurring.

Quote from: InFaHazel on Aug 11, 2008, 02:35:03 AMit makes a lot of sense that wolf could kill a lot of aliens with all the weapons and skill and centuries of practice

Again, we don't know how much practice he had with aliens. Also Wolf showed decidedly little skill, and survived largely due to his opponents' incompetence.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes

Quote from: War Wager on Aug 10, 2008, 08:39:06 PM
Then how is this 'embryo impregnating' an effective method? The sole reason the 'Aliens' in Requiem act the way the do is because the BS are obsessed Predaboys that want the Predator to a God-like creature that is just 'badass' and 'awesome'. Thats the real reason no matter how many times they deny.

Its kinda coincidental how the BS, have a name that also means bull shit :). But didn't alien do the same thing for the alien creature, in that i mean that the creature was made to be unstopable.

InFaHazel

InFaHazel

all the little writing on his mask says he kicked ass ?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Maybe?

Are you asking?

Anyway, thats the general theory, but there is not much to back it up. Really theres not much to back up him actually being an "elite;" however, thats an inane argument.

From a narrative view, yes, he was "elite." This portrayal of this failed though... miserably.

InFaHazel

InFaHazel

Both.

You are right. shooting and missing and hitting the power plant did not scream a wise warrior.

the power glove would have worked for me if instead of walking out of the hole like he was on a flight of stairs he had jumped like 10 feet above the hole uncloaked and landed cloaked.

The sewer almost worked till he almost got knocked into his own laser  mine

he really just had  better form you  know then the first AVP ?? sort of like Ian the actor playing the predator was starting to get the hang of the moves.... Hopefully he will just get better and better at it.. take african tribal dance class and all sorts of martial arts and gymnastics..

the african tribal hunting ritual dance that Kevin Peter Hall brought into the predator body language and movement was very important to the look of the Predator and it seemed that ian had done some work on that kind of stuff.... he looked great with the throwing stars and the whip.. taking off the mask and the squat the predator does on high ledges or when he lands from a jump..

Imagine getting the guy who played Darth Maul in a predator suite with a Maul or spear or something. just CGI his legs or something to make him look huge.. make the set smaller or something to trick us into thinking he is not a average white guy in height

i think Kevin Peter Hall Being dead for 10 years really had an impact on the predator in AVP/AVPR

I think it would help to get more then one guy over or atleast 7 ft who is not an oaf who moves like a guy with a thrown out back

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: xLV-426x on Aug 10, 2008, 07:01:40 PM
In AVPR the Aliens were weak and stupid, and the Predator is always the hero - An 'Old Fashioned' Alien could've beat a Predator easy.

For the most part, I honestly don't think the aliens were "weakened" for the film, just portrayed as being less able against the predator than they should have been. For example, they still had the power to send Wolf flying with a single flick of their tails, & they did show cunning when they ambushed the National Guard, yet they just didn't fight back against Wolf as they should have.

There were several situations in the film where he survived through the aliens' sheer incompetence. Yes, it was a grand feat when he lifted two of them off the ground with his bare hands, but by all logic he should have been impaled by their razor-sharp tails. There were a few moments where the creatures were blatantly weakened though, such as in the hive scene. With one hand, he held an alien back with his wristblades, while shooting another, then effortlessly executed his prey. To be honest, if he wasn't drenched in acid, he should have at least sustained some sort of wounds from the creatures' appendages. Even worse, just seconds later one of the xenomorphs leaps at him, & he pushes it aside like a small child. I honestly can't watch that part with a straight face.

SM

SM

QuoteFor example, they still had the power to send Wolf flying with a single flick of their tails

Did they ever take advantage after sending him flying though?  One sent Parker flying, then was on him and biting his brain out in short order.

Stalker

Stalker

I acknowledged the fact that the aliens didn't act or react to Wolf as they should have, but they did display the power expected from a xenomorph, meaning that even though they were horribly incompetent in comparison with the aliens in the earlier films, their physical strength hadn't diminished.

SM

SM

Just their basic instinct then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed