Raptors from JP vs. Aliens

Started by DoomRulz, May 06, 2008, 05:19:22 PM

Author
Raptors from JP vs. Aliens (Read 8,413 times)

SM

SM

Which may have been the case.

The point is - if indeed it was intentional - that they knew that destroying wires would make the lights go out and put their prey at a disadvantage.

brain_damage

brain_damage

Quote from: marrerom on May 07, 2008, 11:02:43 PM
i'm confused as to why people think raptors are smarter.

what have raptors done that shows intelligence greater then the aliens? hell one raptor attacked a reflection and knocked itself out.
thy made a trap that we could not see (jp 3) Aliens are brute force -come and take no matter who saw them and how many got killed

Nychus

Nychus

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2008, 12:58:08 AM
Overall I liked it better than the second one.
Overall I liked the first one better than either two. Look at it this way:

The Lost World: Dumb Raptors, even fight eachother which buys the prey time to escape when they could have had her.

Jurassic Park ///: Instead of murdering the entire human group like their predecessors, they just chat, grab their eggs and leave. Meaby they're so smart that they realize what a waste of time doing something against the director's wish was. :P

So in that sense I wouldn't even pit the Raptors against a Xenomorph Alien. Now a full-grown Dilophosaur with venomous saliva or a Spinosaurus are different stories. *would love to see the Queen cerebral bore the Spino through the skull with her tail*

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nychus on May 11, 2008, 02:34:01 PM
Quote from: SM on May 07, 2008, 12:58:08 AM
Overall I liked it better than the second one.
Overall I liked the first one better than either two. Look at it this way:

The Lost World: Dumb Raptors, even fight eachother which buys the prey time to escape when they could have had her.

Jurassic Park ///: Instead of murdering the entire human group like their predecessors, they just chat, grab their eggs and leave. Meaby they're so smart that they realize what a waste of time doing something against the director's wish was. :P

So in that sense I wouldn't even pit the Raptors against a Xenomorph Alien. Now a full-grown Dilophosaur with venomous saliva or a Spinosaurus are different stories. *would love to see the Queen cerebral bore the Spino through the skull with her tail*

1. That was instinctual, any animal would've done that.
2. Killing the human wouldn't have gotten the eggs back.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Why not? Kill the humans and nobody is taking the eggs away.

brad873

brad873

could harm the eggs

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alienseseses on May 11, 2008, 05:41:01 PM
Why not? Kill the humans and nobody is taking the eggs away.

How would they know how to get the eggs? Tearing the bag apart could have destroyed them.

§niperhawk

§niperhawk

Quote from: Master Chief on May 08, 2008, 09:23:46 PM
Quote from: marrerom on May 08, 2008, 05:29:24 PM
cameron has stated that the aliens cut the power on purpose.

Do you want your ball back too?  Let me guess, you think that the Predators in P1 and P2 were kids because Anderson said they were.  Dude, lets discuss.  How do you think they knew where the power supply was?
I didn't think that director statements were canon. someone plz specify

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: §niperhawk on May 12, 2008, 02:46:04 AM
Quote from: Master Chief on May 08, 2008, 09:23:46 PM
Quote from: marrerom on May 08, 2008, 05:29:24 PM
cameron has stated that the aliens cut the power on purpose.

Do you want your ball back too?  Let me guess, you think that the Predators in P1 and P2 were kids because Anderson said they were.  Dude, lets discuss.  How do you think they knew where the power supply was?
I didn't think that director statements were canon. someone plz specify

Technically they aren't, but supposedly the Thomas Brothers agree with him.

Nychus

Nychus

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2008, 04:33:50 PM1. That was instinctual, any animal would've done that.
1. Raptors aren't your typical animal, especially since they know how to kick the arse of an experienced game keeper in a psychological cat and mouse.
2. AFTER getting their eggs back. Would you leave alive someone who had you go through so much trouble. IMO, the Raptors were being too fair to let them walk away even when there was a chopper approaching. If it was soldiers heading their way it could have made sense but, as the Raptors still had plenty of time to get out of the harm's reach, a quicky kill of a few pitiful apes wouldn't have felt at all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nychus on May 13, 2008, 04:48:12 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2008, 04:33:50 PM1. That was instinctual, any animal would've done that.
1. Raptors aren't your typical animal, especially since they know how to kick the arse of an experienced game keeper in a psychological cat and mouse.
2. AFTER getting their eggs back. Would you leave alive someone who had you go through so much trouble. IMO, the Raptors were being too fair to let them walk away even when there was a chopper approaching. If it was soldiers heading their way it could have made sense but, as the Raptors still had plenty of time to get out of the harm's reach, a quicky kill of a few pitiful apes wouldn't have felt at all.

1. I already said they were genetically engineered, so that right there defuses your argument. They probably weren't 100% like the real animal.
2. They heard the chopper and that scared them off. That's why the humans weren't killed.

Nychus

Nychus

1. Well, why call them normal animals then?
2. I don't care, they still should have killed atleast Paul to show they're serious and not just "wanting their child back". The Raptors barely killed one human(plus meaby Ben off-screen). Softening them up from the past monsters barely makes them more freaky. So, regardless of what, the Raptors should have retaliated.

Regardless if they're genetically engineered or not, Raptors don't make proper enemies to Aliens. Because they don't deliver fright as well nor perform well enough against such a lethal enemy. Theropod dinosaurs are badly overrated now anyways, barely making a decent prey for the Predators. So, in case such a fight was commenced, I'd rather see the Yautja hunting some dino for their display.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nychus on May 14, 2008, 01:57:13 PM
1. Well, why call them normal animals then?
2. I don't care, they still should have killed atleast Paul to show they're serious and not just "wanting their child back". The Raptors barely killed one human(plus meaby Ben off-screen). Softening them up from the past monsters barely makes them more freaky. So, regardless of what, the Raptors should have retaliated.

1. Normal animals, what?
2. Retaliating would've been pointless though. The thing is, the raptors weren't mindless killers. Why go out of their way to hurt something if it's not necessary?

Nychus

Nychus

1. Genetically engineered creatures can not be called normal animals, which makes the point about their intelligence compared to normal animals valid. In TLW they acted like dumb cats when they had a chance to slaughter.
2. But Raptors are ruthless killers, that is what they represent, creatures both bloodthirsty and capable of outsmarting humans. Kinda like a Predator in mentality. In that scene they resembled giant chickens, because there was no real sense of threat. The humans should have perished, because it would make a different movie.

The thing is, Raptors, for not having any technology, could not take on a Xenomorph without melting like humans and Yautja. So they do not qualify.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nychus on May 15, 2008, 08:10:36 AM
The thing is, Raptors, for not having any technology, could not take on a Xenomorph without melting like humans and Yautja. So they do not qualify.

And here we go, you missed the original post it seems. I never asked who would win a fight. I asked who do you think is the smarter creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed