What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,636,073 times)

Russ

Russ

I hope you're right. I really do  ;D

Honestly, I thought that Blaze had a rough deal - listening to those records again, there's some really good stuff on them. The Sign of the Cross is ace for instance.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I've always been a staunch defender of Blaze. There's no denying he wasn't as good a vocalist as Bruce, and likewise there's no ignoring the fact the two albums with him on are probably among the band's weaker efforts, but he simply doesn't deserve the shit he usually gets. He did some great stuff while he was with the band. I've always rated "The Clansman" as one of the best tracks they've ever done, by him or any of the band's other vocalists. There's also the fact a few of the songs on Brave New World, which is easily their best record since Adrian originally left, were co-written by Blaze (even if they ditched him from the credits).

I agree "Sign of the Cross" is one for the ages, but ironically it's also the only Blaze track where I won't defend him against Bruce - the recording with him on vocals from Rock in Rio simply blows the studio version away :P

JokersWarPig

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 22, 2017, 12:34:32 PM
I agree "Sign of the Cross" is one for the ages, but ironically it's also the only Blaze track where I won't defend him against Bruce - the recording with him on vocals from Rock in Rio simply blows the studio version away :P

I will check out RiR for that, thanks man :-)

HuDaFuK

You should, it's without question my favourite Maiden live album (not counting Beast Over Hammersmith, which I've yet to hear). I don't think I've ever heard a concert crowd as enthusiastic as the South Americans are on that album, you can hear them singing literally every word of every song (and doing plenty of chanting even when there aren't any words to sing :laugh:). The band feeds off their energy and plays/sings their arses off as a result. It's an incredible show.

THE CITY HUNTER

I think this is also Richie Faulkners favorite song:

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 22, 2017, 12:34:32 PM
Yeah, I've always been a staunch defender of Blaze. There's no denying he wasn't as good a vocalist as Bruce, and likewise there's no ignoring the fact the two albums with him on are probably among the band's weaker efforts, but he simply doesn't deserve the shit he usually gets. He did some great stuff while he was with the band. I've always rated "The Clansman" as one of the best tracks they've ever done, by him or any of the band's other vocalists. There's also the fact a few of the songs on Brave New World, which is easily their best record since Adrian originally left, were co-written by Blaze (even if they ditched him from the credits).

Yeah it was Dream of Mirrors he co-wrote. But Harris took him off. I think Adrian is the one who said about it in an interview. If im right the four Virtual XI tracks were Dream of Mirrors, The Nomad, Blood Brothers and The Mercenary

It was Blaze who got me into the band, it just sucks that he had to follow Bruce. Its like Owens in Judas Priest, Wilson in Genesis, Edwards in Foreigner and Augeri in Journey/Tyketto

HuDaFuK

In honour of the unfairly ridiculed/despised Blaze Bayley:

KiramidHead

This is turning into the Iron Maiden inside baseball thread where I swear everyone is speaking a different language. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 25, 2017, 03:05:15 AMThis is turning into the Iron Maiden inside baseball thread where I swear everyone is speaking a different language. :laugh:

:laugh: Our bad.

To change the subject:

Ronnie James Dio might well be the greatest rock singer of all time. The only person I can think of who gives him a run for his money is Freddie Mercury.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2017, 12:23:51 PMTune

I confess it's pretty much the only Blaze solo track I've heard, but yeah, it's a fantastic song. Better than most of the stuff he did with Maiden if you ask me. Killer lead break.

Do you know the album? Is the rest of it as good?

KiramidHead

Dio is cool by me. Even if his lyrics occasionally befuddle me. Not too sure how seeing a tiger's stripes mean you know he's clean, but whatever. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2017, 05:53:04 PM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2017, 12:23:51 PMTune

I confess it's pretty much the only Blaze solo track I've heard, but yeah, it's a fantastic song. Better than most of the stuff he did with Maiden if you ask me. Killer lead break.

Do you know the album? Is the rest of it as good?

Silicon Messiah is a great album. Also the first one he released after he was kicked out of Maiden. Some underrated gems

HuDaFuK

A complete left turn after all the Maiden we've been discussing lately:

And with that, I retreat safely back into rock territory :P

It's a real shame these guys only ever did two albums that were any good, because Sebastian Bach had an utterly superb rock voice.

FiorinaFury161

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed