What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,636,163 times)

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lA437iOS-Y

ssssssssssssssssssssssssslaaaaayerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Whiskeybrewer

The Fourth album by Georgia born singer/songwriter Katie Melua, has her step away from her work with Mike Batt and combine forces with songwriter Guy Chambers and Producer William Orbit, to create her most grown up sounding album by this point. She has definitely matured as an artist and it shows in her songwriting and the sounds she wants to use on this album. It has that sheen to it, but a lot of depth as well, which just draws you in.

Red Ballons is definitely my fave track on the album, its just so beautiful and I'm surprised it wasn't released as a single. The video would have been magical I'm sure. She does write one song with former producer Mike Batt in the groovy God on the Drums, Devil on the Bass, but thats the only thing he does for the album. First single The Flood, is the perfect song to showcase the new Katie Melua (at this point anyway)

PVTDukeMorrison

I am in no way shape or form a fan of metal or any electronic style of music, but something about this soundtrack gets me pumped. That Doom 3 homage starting at 1:55

Whiskeybrewer

This is the 1996 version of this compilation. I think they've been releasing different versions with different tracks since 1986/87. This version actually features all but the Steinman tracks from Bad Attitude(1984), six tracks fromBlind Before I Stop(1986) and two tracks from Live From Wembley(1987). So that makes this the largest/longest compilation of Meat Loaf's Arista/BMG years. I'd still make changes to it myself as the two John Parr written songs from Bad Attitude, namely Cheating in your Dreams and Don't Leave your Mark on Me are the weakest tracks, I would have either put both Steinman tracks on there in their place or added either Execution Day or Getting Away With Murder from Blind Before I Stop. Or even some of the live versions from Live From Wembley to replace their studio versions (Like on The Collection)
(I could do a fan version of my own of The Arista years lol)

There are so many great and underrated songs from these releases. the respective title tracks Bad Attitude (which features Roger Daltrey) and Blind Before I Stop are fantastic. Rock n Roll Mercenaries (Featuring John Parr), just rocks. Rock and Roll Hero, should have been a single and i think would be a hit if released today. One More Kiss is quite an epic ballad with a rocking breakdown and was written by Meat Loaf himself. Piece of the Action is another great ballad. Masculine i just love, its so 80's it's awesome. All three albums are worth tracking down, but if you want a taste get this version with the above cover

Deathbearer

HuDaFuK

Hysteria by Def Leppard

Another album that proves the year of my birth was a pretty f*cking good one for music. If I'm honest, I'm really not a fan of Def Leppard; I've got nothing against them, but none of their other albums do it for me at all. This one's just excellent though. Really not a duff track on it.

KiramidHead

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 23, 2016, 11:48:38 AM
Hysteria by Def Leppard

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3520/3855485791_3934daf071.jpg

Another album that proves the year of my birth was a pretty f*cking good one for music. If I'm honest, I'm really not a fan of Def Leppard; I've got nothing against them, but none of their other albums do it for me at all. This one's just excellent though. Really not a duff track on it.

Yeah, I remember this album was very cool and very popular.  For me that would have been grade 7 and 8, and then at one point, it just became uncool overnight.  Guns N' Roses came out and there was real danger in that whereas Def Leppard just felt like a hard rock Phil Collins.  You can't compete with the real thing.

WY Corporate

Funker Vogt - Survivor (2002)

Still my most favorite album of Funker Vogt! It bears many beautiful (Date of Expiration, Red Queen and Obscure Pictures), thoughtful (History, This World and Compulsions) and memorable (Final Thrill, Faster Life and Prisoners of War) tracks, never heard again or before on one of their albums at once ...  8)
Also it was the album with the most related or bonus releases (2 singles: Date of Expiration and Red Queen, 1 remix album: Revivor, and several bonus tracks made or remixed and released around)

So I revisit it every year at least once again ...  :D

Kaltes

Kaltes

Eifersucht by Rammstein. (Huge Rammstein fan over here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4Y6B7CM-w

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kaltes on May 27, 2016, 07:20:33 PMEifersucht by Rammstein. (Huge Rammstein fan over here)

I'll be seeing them at Download in a couple of weeks :)

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 29, 2016, 09:16:01 AM
Quote from: Kaltes on May 27, 2016, 07:20:33 PMEifersucht by Rammstein. (Huge Rammstein fan over here)

I'll be seeing them at Download in a couple of weeks :)

That's awesome, you're very fortunate. :)

FiorinaFury161

PVTDukeMorrison

It took me so long to find this song

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed