The trailer

Started by agentdc7, Mar 19, 2008, 08:01:42 AM

Author
The trailer (Read 17,273 times)

agentdc7

agentdc7

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but did anyone else think that AVPR had probably one of the worst made trailers ever (especially the red band)?

It just really seemed like it was designed just for the purpose of making you think the movie has more than what they showed.

And from what I remember they basically showed how almost everyone dies, and bomb will drop and wipe out the whole town, and the fact that Wolfie and Chet kill each other.  Basically, it spoiled everything.  When I watched the actual movie, I was sitting through all the meaningless talk and acting and waiting for each of those scenes I saw on the trailer and expected a little more.  Unfortunately, the trailer showed everything leaving the film at an incredibly bland experience for me.

Xhan

Xhan

Showing all the money shots available and seeing the film quality pretty much ended any hope I had.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

the movie revealed so much that you could have just watched the red band trailer and save yaself some money.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: agentdc7 on Mar 19, 2008, 08:01:42 AM
It just really seemed like it was designed just for the purpose of making you think the movie has more than what they showed.

That's the sign of a good one. :)

War Wager

War Wager

It got people exited which was good, but when you break it down, it's the worst trailer of the series. Hardly the work of 'the best marketting department in Hollywood' according to Colin.

Cellien

Cellien

The trailer sold me because I thought if they could show that, imagine the movie.  But nope.  The movie's good money shots were the ones shown in the trailers.  The movie was terrible, but the trailer I think was actually pretty good.  It's designed to get you in the theater.. it did exactly that.   The trailer did show maybe too much, but usually there is something about the movie that isn't portrayed in the trailer.  Not here, the movie was just like one long ass trailer.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

It was a great trailer because it did exactly what it was supposed to do. What sucked was that it spoiled everything about the movie. I'd like to say I will never fall for that again, but sometimes my fanboyism just blinds my perception.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

The red band trailer was one of the best trailers i have ever seen in my life.
But it spoiled too much.

agentdc7

agentdc7

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Mar 19, 2008, 04:28:17 PM
It was a great trailer because it did exactly what it was supposed to do. What sucked was that it spoiled everything about the movie. I'd like to say I will never fall for that again, but sometimes my fanboyism just blinds my perception.

Exactly what I think.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

i thought this was one of the BETTER things from the movies.

except i agree if you compare the trailer to other movies it still is pretty bad. (i though avp trailer was even better than this)

however at least they showed the actions in the trailer. imagine what it would have been like if they showed those annoying teenagers throughout the whole trailer.  :D

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

I thought it was great, it's just that they needed to cut the Wolf Vs Pred fight out, Jesse's death, (was Ricky shown getting impaled) and the bomb dropping.

Master

Master

So they should cut out half ot hte trailer in your opinion. Am I right?

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Cellien on Mar 19, 2008, 03:38:54 PM
The trailer sold me because I thought if they could show that, imagine the movie.  But nope.  The movie's good money shots were the ones shown in the trailers.  The movie was terrible, but the trailer I think was actually pretty good.  It's designed to get you in the theater.. it did exactly that.   The trailer did show maybe too much, but usually there is something about the movie that isn't portrayed in the trailer.  Not here, the movie was just like one long ass trailer.

I remember when colin say that the movie was going to had a lot more stuff, and i believe him... >:(

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: D88M on Mar 19, 2008, 08:52:10 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Mar 19, 2008, 03:38:54 PM

I remember when colin say that the movie was going to had a lot more stuff, and i believe him... >:(
Actually, it had alot more stuff.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 19, 2008, 03:28:24 PM
It got people exited which was good, but when you break it down, it's the worst trailer of the series.

It was one of the best. It just spoilt too many things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed