ADI isn't that bad folks

Started by DoomRulz, Feb 26, 2008, 06:13:52 PM

Author
ADI isn't that bad folks (Read 24,113 times)

Russian_Predator

Russian_Predator

ADI? Amalgamated Dynamics Incorporated? http://www.imdb.com/company/co0021289/  ::)

IMHO, the best movie with their special effects is Tremors (first movie).  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Russian_Predator on Feb 27, 2008, 04:12:45 PM
ADI? Amalgamated Dynamics Incorporated? http://www.imdb.com/company/co0021289/  ::)

IMHO, the best movie with their special effects is Tremors (first movie).  ;D

Dat's dee one.

Stalker

Stalker

ADI's creature work is for the most part fantastic, although they have been recreating the same similar alien design for the past several movies now. The only real problem I had with the creatures in AVP-R was the massive neck, shoulders & fangs, which did look out of proportion in comparison with the rest of the body. The Wolf was done excellently though, just as well as Stan Winston's originals, with the exception of the face, which they can't seem to animate right for some reason. Their work on Scar's face in the original AVP was terrible though, it looked fake in almost every way, & the animatronic movement was so over the top it was ridiculous.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 28, 2008, 02:33:20 AM
ADI's creature work is for the most part fantastic, although they have been recreating the same similar alien design for the past several movies now. The only real problem I had with the creatures in AVP-R was the massive neck, shoulders & fangs, which did look out of proportion in comparison with the rest of the body. The Wolf was done excellently though, just as well as Stan Winston's originals, with the exception of the face, which they can't seem to animate right for some reason. Their work on Scar's face in the original AVP was terrible though, it looked fake in almost every way, & the animatronic movement was so over the top it was ridiculous.

The only thing I liked about Scar's face were the facial expressions. Anytime always looked pissed :P

Stalker

Stalker

I have to disagree. The original predator's facial expressions were far more realistic & menacing, wheras with Scar they went completely over-board with the animatronics to give him more "human" features, & ended up making him look absolutely horrible.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well this is the problem I think. Anytime looked 100% real, but always had the same expression. Scar looked 100% fake, but at least he could move his eyebrows.

Stalker

Stalker

Scar moved his face too much, that was part of the problem. His mandibles were always flapping around, & he seemed to have no life in his eyes whatsoever. The original predator's evil expression was perfect in my opinion, & the face moved in a much more natural & realistic way. To this day it still looks lifelike to me, down to every movement, & conveyed the character far better than Scar's goofy facial animations.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Is it just me or does adi's creatures look lifeless, if you see the original predators and aliens they look alive....but in the avp movies they look like animatronic creatures...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

My only problem with the alien is the body.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Aliens bodies may have been tampered with, but at least they could move properly like in Aliens. The Aliens in AvP:R weren't as screwed as the Predators in AvP.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

True, but I still wish they had the time and money to redo the bodies for this one. I would have changed one or two things about the head, but the head and neck were generally fine.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't understand why ADI insisted on changing the design of the Aliens for A3 and A:R in the first place. Making them even skinnier was odd. Sure they looked ok, but still.

Promus

Promus

Being a recent addition to the legions of Alien/Predator fans, there are quite a few things that I don't know about yet - but would like to know. One of these is the enigmatic "ADI." I know that they're the special effects people who worked on one or two of the "Alien" movies, but what I don't understand is why they seem to be so vehemetly hated by the fanbase. What exactly have they done to be considered so negatively?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Simple: the Aliens they designed for A:R, AvP, AvP:R, and the Predators they designed for the AvP movies were terrible.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

For the most part I actually like the designs for 'Alien Resurrection' and AvP:R.

Not to mention Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr. are both really hilarious, easy-going guys. I can't say I "hate" ADI at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed