Fan Idea for Tying Together the Origins of Aliens and Predators

Started by happypred, Jan 31, 2008, 05:04:34 AM

Author
Fan Idea for Tying Together the Origins of Aliens and Predators (Read 6,342 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: happypred on Jan 31, 2008, 05:04:34 AM
The Jockeys were highly intelligent but physically weak.

They don't look that way...

But considering what we saw in that 'chair' was basically rooted to it, I doubt it was responsible for constructing the place it was in. Appeared more like an automoton.

happypred

Quote from: nchurch81 on Jan 31, 2008, 10:23:43 PM
I'm just trying to create new ideas for the story cause I'm sick and tired of the old crap that people keep regurgitating.

Ha ha...well, I guess I'm guilty of actually liking the bio-weapon idea   :D

This isn't the first time I've come across the "civilised aliens" theory, but your explanation for why the Jockey was chest-bursted certainly struck me as very original.

Most of my theory is old hat, with the exception of the predator part, which kinda overlaps with your ideas.

I just like the idea of how the Jockeys either engineered, genetically enhanced, or at least trained the predators to be "intelligent guard-dogs" that would protect them from the aliens or be used as an offensive weapon against xenomorph infestations. 

The predators however were brought into the picture too little and too late, and upon the demise of their masters, the Yautja reverted to a hyper-aggressive tribal society adopting the Hunt as the primary channel through which they could release their aggressive energies.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 31, 2008, 10:45:04 PM
Quote from: happypred on Jan 31, 2008, 05:04:34 AM
The Jockeys were highly intelligent but physically weak.
They don't look that way...
But considering what we saw in that 'chair' was basically rooted to it, I doubt it was responsible for constructing the place it was in. Appeared more like an automoton.

That's just a premise in my theory

Vemados

My theory is that the Jockeys engineered the original Alien to destroy a single enemy of theirs, but after that was over some of the Jockeys thought it would be a good idea to go through the galaxy and take over worlds with it.  It's a 15-foot tall biomechanical being (It would look like that Giger painting of the creature with the tentacles on its mouth and the wings) that produces something kind of like the flood and the red weed from War of the Worlds combined, to slowly poison planets while it controls the waves and destroys what is near it.  It was slow, but it worked.  They take the aliens and whack a few planets, and then something happened.  The original Alien, which is biomechanical but more robot than anything, goes terminator and starts to think for itself.  It uses the technology it used to create the flood-weed aliens and creates the perfect, adaptable species we know today: the Xenomorphs.  The only problem with them was that it wasn't as intelligent as the Original.  There was only one Original; the Jockeys thought it couldn't do much harm by itself.  But in numbers, they would be unstoppable.  Because of this, the Jockeys programmed a backup AI that wasn't as efficient, to kick in when there were multiple Originals.  It passed the bug on to the Xenomorphs, and then they had a hive mind.  It pretended that nothing had changed, but it would leave eggs on a planet after it had been eradicated, to facehug the Jockeys that would colonize there.  But when the Jockeys went to LV-426, everything went wrong.  The ship crashes and embeds itself in the rock; it isn't going anywhere.  The Original, knowing that it can't leave the planet, decides to set a trap.  It impregnates the single Jockey piloting the ship with a Queen, and sets eggs all around the cargo hold of the derelict (the ships just a huge cargo hold with an engine and guns, pretty much).  It then crawls out of the ship and on a nearby rock, and with no future purpose, dies.  Meanwhile, the Jockeys are being wiped out by the Xenomorphs left on the planets.  A single one escapes, and comes to a hot and humid planet.  It is rugged with trees like giant desert shrubs dotting the landscape.  It is inhabited by a sentient race of hunters and warriors that may be able to stop the threat of the Aliens.  The Jockey teaches them what it knows, and gives them the  technology of space travel.  To the Predators, however, it is an opportunity to hunt the most dangerous species across the universe, and the deadliest of them all.

happypred

Quote from: Vemados on Feb 02, 2008, 06:35:57 AM
The Jockey teaches them what it knows, and gives them the  technology of space travel.  To the Predators, however, it is an opportunity to hunt the most dangerous species across the universe, and the deadliest of them all.

Very similar to my idea. Dunno if you read my entire post but I came up with two ideas. One had the Jockeys engineer the preds to counter the alien threat. The other idea is almost identical to yours: the Jockeys gave technology to the preds and trained them to fight the aliens.

YautjaElder13

I havent read about the Hish yet. I hear their barbaric. Perhaps the Space Jockeys are sort of a branch of Yautja scientists. That...look nothing like them. And blahblahblah, the Space Jockeys engineered the Xenomorphs because the Yautja needed something. I dont know. Something. I suppose the first person's idea was better. I forgot allll about the Space Jockeys.

Vemados

Yeah happypred I also had that idea, it makes a lot of sense.

Byohzrd

i have a solid theory but i cant really tie it into the predators its more of the creation of the aliens.

THE CREATION:   

The Xenomorphs were created by an ancient race (The Jockey Race) tens of thousands of years ago .  They were fighting among themselves in a brutal civil war.  Their technology was organic in nature and was so powerful, the death toll ran into the millions.  For decades, the war never saw twilight.  It seemed to go on forever...until one side got an idea.   

It was an experiment to create a biomechanical weapon.  It would adapt to its environment, be completely independent....and finally...it would be viscous.  This creature would be a living machine with the most grotesque combination of science and nature.  They created a species bent only of the art of killing.   The experiment was placed on a distant world ("Alien-Proteus").  They designed the species with a hive structure to keep the infestation from running out of control.  The "ant" methodology was promoted.  The object:  To keep the infestation under control by keeping the creatures close to their "queen."   

The experiment was a success.  The creatures we know as Xenomorphs were created.  The standard infiltrator    mission was as follows:  An egg is deposited in a populace, it impregnates, and an alien bursts out of the host and soon find more host which it can convert into eggs which will also hunt down hosts to impregnate.  The creature will kill anything threatening and convert the rest.  Soon, the populace is destroyed and the aliens are left alone on the world or spacecraft where the infestation was released.  It is assumed the Jockeys that created the Xenomorphs had a procedure to eliminate the new infection.   

The Jockeys were ready to unleash their creation on their enemy.   The Proteus planet was still under control.  The experiment seemed safe.  The mother species deposited many life forms to keep their hives intact.  These life forms seemed to reproduce in large numbers.  When needed, a transport would simply set down and pick up a queen, a drone, an army, or just a bunch of eggs as the mission profile specified.  The weapon proved useful and the war ended quickly.   

But Pandora's box was open.   

The Xenomorphs were designed to adapt to current situations but their basic morphology was not to change...it did.  Before the Jockeys could stop their "children", they had evolved.  One small little change, something seemingly insignificant connected to the "ant" structure but not included in the alien design...Royal Jelly—the strange substance used to generate a queen.  When the Jockeys discovered infested worlds where there shouldn't be, they got worried.   

Given the capability to create their own queens, the infestation could not be bottled.  It soon broke out of control.  The Jockeys found their experiment turning against them.  They tried to find a weapon to defeat their own creation but they were already demoralized from a past war.  They sent one last ship to pick up "evolved" egg samples from the Proteus planet to study...it never came back.   

The Jockey race vanished.  After thousands of years, without transportation, the Xenomorphs quickly overran the planets they were on, then promptly died out.  They might be long lived, but after ten thousand years, even their lifespan ran out.  The eggs fossilized, the bodies disintegrated and the last legacy of the alien species vanished.  The ship from the proteus world crashed landed on a world far away from their homeworld.   

Everything went quiet.   

The universe held its breath.

HUMAN CONTACT 

LV-426 was the world were the lone Jockey ship crashed landed, across the galaxy from their home world.  The Jockey onboard was killed when an alien egg he carried broke free and impregnated him.  Without a pilot, his ship set down on the hostile world.  The stasis fields in the cargo bay were damaged and all but one bay of eggs were unsealed.  They all soon died from exposure.  One bay remained sealed and waited--the last living legacy of a past experiment that failed.   
     It was several millennia later when the Nostromo set down on the planet to investigate the signal the Jockey ship had sent to keep people away.  57 years later, a colony was placed on that world which was overrun by the species.  The infestation was wiped out when the colony's atmosphere processor went critical.  The Jockey ship survived, covered in a lethal dose of radiation.   
     It is unsure how the species got off the world but all bets point towards a human cause.   It seemed the race finally died out when Ellen Ripley dove into a furnace on Fiorina 161.  The GM is totally open on how the Alien starts its path.  Refer to the story for details.  A salvage ship could pick up another alien wreck with alien specimens on board.  Someone might recover the Sulaco.  Someone might even smuggle some life specimens from the radioactive cover of Acheron.  Either way...they are out.   

THE LIFE AND THE MACHINE 

The Aliens are alive.  They have a genetic structure.  They are born and can die.  They have a blood stream; they have a social structure.   They have teeth and can scream.  The Aliens have a cellular structure partly carbon and partly silicon based.  They have a very identifiable brain with sensory organs.  They have also shown reasoning.  The drones are surprisingly intelligent.  They gestate in a living host and come out in pain.  The aliens are alive.   
     They are also a machine.  They don't require food, as we know it.  They can eat but process it completely different, converting the materials directly into increasing its own size, or storing it for when it needs to create a hive.  The aliens, for a better part of the word, are walking batteries, as they run on the acid blood in their veins.  They also seem to have a programmed path.  One cannot go rogue under the direction of its queen.  They seem always under a fixed set of instructions given to them.   They don't have a digestive system as we know it nor do they even have eyes.  They don't grow as normal creatures do and they also don't have a nervous system, as we know it.  In many ways, the Aliens are machines

happypred

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 03, 2008, 05:28:35 AM
i have a solid theory but i cant really tie it into the predators its more of the creation of the aliens.

Well what you have there is basically the standard bio-weapon theory. That's basically the theory I run with in my own ideas, except I add a twist: the preds were either engineered or trained by the Jockeys to fight the aliens.

stephen

I like the idea of aliens being a genetically engineered bioweapon.

I think it fits in nicely because in all alien films humans are after them for exactly that purpose and they continually get wiped out.  They're after the aliens for a bioweapon without realising that they already are one.

Also I've noticed some similarties between the aliens and predators.

Aliens have Acid for blood - predators have a weapon that fuses and quarterizes the wound minimising the spray of blood.

Aliens can't be seen in infrared - predators see in infrared and have a mask that alters their vision.

The aliens don't have eyes - the predators camoflauge is only good against enemies using sight

My conclusion (and you can read my avsp fan fic if you like)

The space jockeys created the aliens as a bioweapon SPECIFICALLY to kill the predators.  Perhaps they were at war with the predators.

The predators had camoflauge mechanism and so the space jockeys created the aliens so they didn't rely on sight. They also created them so they can't be seen in infrared.

Over time - possibly hundreds of years, the predators developed techniques to combat the aliens.  The mask that changes their vision spectrum so they can see the aliens.  The plasma caster that fuses and quarterises the wound etc.

As this war raged on and on over hundreds of years, the predators became more and more violent, and war like.  They basically had to become that way so they could combat the aliens.  Eventually, their entire society and culture reflects the way we know them now.

In essence - they are both created by eachother.

SM

Are there no other extra terrestrial lifeforms in the universe?

I don't see any point in having any origin connections with Aliens, Jockies - and least of all Predators.

Humans stumbled over Aliens by accident (mostly).  Can't see why Jockies and Predators didn't do the same.

stephen

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2008, 06:27:23 AM
Are there no other extra terrestrial lifeforms in the universe?

I don't see any point in having any origin connections with Aliens, Jockies - and least of all Predators.

Humans stumbled over Aliens by accident (mostly).  Can't see why Jockies and Predators didn't do the same.

I understand that - I just prefer a deeper background AND NOT THAT STUPID CRAP BACKSTORY IN AvsP.

I like to have a bit of depth and I went through a bunch of ideas when I wrote my Aliens Vs Predator story and it hit me - given the similarities I posted above - it kinda makes sense.

happypred

Quote from: stephen on Feb 04, 2008, 06:19:35 AM
I like the idea of aliens being a genetically engineered bioweapon.
In essence - they are both created by eachother.

You're idea is kinda the reverse of mine.

I like to think the Jockeys either engineered or at least used the predators to fight the aliens.

I'm leaning more towards the predators being trained as opposed to engineered now because it wouldn't make sense for the Jockeys to give the preds heat-sensitive eyes when xenos don't emit heat. More likely the Jockeys stumbled upon the preds in their wanderings and realised that they could use them to fix their problem.

The aliens were the Jockeys first creation...they got out of control.

stephen

hmmm interesting.

But i'm not a fan of the Predators being engineered OR trained.  I like the idea of them being their own thing - fits in with their solitary nature and all of that.

I like the idea that they are kind of created by eachother.

In my idea the alien is created genetically specifically to fight the predator (given my similarites above) and due to the ensuing war - the predator species becomes more warrior like over time.

My idea is centred on the similarities between the two.

happypred

Quote from: stephen on Feb 04, 2008, 07:06:51 AM
My idea is centred on the similarities between the two.

Okay...but I think the predators' tribal culture sorta hints that they acquired their technology from someone else

That's why in my theory I decided to have the Jockeys give the predators their technology and use them to fight the aliens (check out the first post in this thread for details).

It has always seemed to me the Jockeys were more ancient and advanced than the predators. To me the Jockeys are intergalactic colonizers whereas the preds seem to be more like space-nomads.

stephen

well we know very little about the space jockey.

Each to their own I suppose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed