Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 867,168 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: lkincaidjr on Aug 28, 2015, 03:40:50 PM
Anyone out there know what this is??? I cant find any information about it, and it isn't a standard giant blaster.

Willie Goldman may have some info on this.

http://alienscollection.com/index.html

Quote from: sir_bobos on Aug 27, 2015, 01:04:07 AM
My VHS, DVD, and Bluray.

Great collection! 8)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Rogue_Predator on Aug 28, 2015, 03:45:33 PM
Beaut!
Oh that is cool. Even if the Predalien design was tacky to some and the movie lame, this would still be an awesome piece to have!!!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: sir_bobos on Aug 27, 2015, 01:04:07 AMMy VHS, DVD, and Bluray.

Talking of which, I have now officially crossed over from someone who buys Alien stuff they will actually look at/watch in the future to someone who collects Alien merchandise they will never touch again - I picked up a copy of the UK Alien Trilogy Facehugger VHS box set with everything inside. Even has the t-shirt still in its wrapper. Just waiting on delivery!

I also managed to nab the final issue of Aliens magazine I was missing, courtesy of some inventive eBay searching.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2015, 07:59:26 AM
Talking of which, I have now officially crossed over from someone who buys Alien stuff they will actually look at/watch in the future to someone who collects Alien merchandise they will never touch again - I picked up a copy of the UK Alien Trilogy Facehugger VHS box set with everything inside. Even has the t-shirt still in its wrapper. Just waiting on delivery!

I've been ummming and ahhhing over that for years now!!! I really want one but I can't bring myself to buy it because...VHS. lol  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2015, 08:25:20 AMI've been ummming and ahhhing over that for years now!!! I really want one but I can't bring myself to buy it because...VHS. lol  :laugh:

I don't even have a VHS player any more ;D

But it's a great-looking piece and I'm looking forward to checking out the lobby cards and booklet that come with it (and my slightly out of date 2-for-1 Alien War pass :P ). And who knows, maybe I'll pick up a VHS player from somewhere and have a retro Alien night.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure you'll find them for nothing on eBay. And that'd be awesome.

I might try and get one soon. I haven't seen a cooler boxset than that Hugger carry case.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2015, 09:02:29 AMI'm sure you'll find them for nothing on eBay.

I really wish I'd kept mine, I had a DVD-VHS combo that worked great. But with a second-hand one bought from the web I'll always have that fear it'll chew the tapes :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2015, 09:51:23 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2015, 09:02:29 AMI'm sure you'll find them for nothing on eBay.

I really wish I'd kept mine, I had a DVD-VHS combo that worked great. But with a second-hand one bought from the web I'll always have that fear it'll chew the tapes :(

Have you had that happen to you?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2015, 07:59:26 AM
I also managed to nab the final issue of Aliens magazine I was missing, courtesy of some inventive eBay searching.

I just thought to ask - have you many many good tidbits or info hidden away in those magazines?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 02, 2015, 07:01:40 AMHave you had that happen to you?

I have vague memories of video tapes getting chewed when I was younger - although that was when I was a nipper, on what must have been a pretty old VCR. Sometimes it would knacker the tape, sometimes you could smooth it out again and it'd work OK. I guess it's just a risk with cassette tapes in general. I mean, how many car stereos used to eat cassettes?

That said, I don't ever remember ever having a problem with the VCRs I owned myself more recently. Newer models, I guess.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 02, 2015, 07:01:40 AMI just thought to ask - have you many many good tidbits or info hidden away in those magazines?

Yes actually. Although they weren't in the last issue I bought, I only just got around to reading the two "Under the Knife" Xenomorph dissection articles written by Jim Campbell, and they're great. The first was about the adult (mostly focussing on its blood chemistry) and the second was about the Egg ("Ovomorph", love that word) and Facehugger. Really interesting reads. Some of it was carried over into the Colonial Marines Tech Manual, but there it was in the form of chat between some W-Y guys, it was much more engaging to read it as a complete faux report. Talking of report, I must compare what the articles say to the W-Y Report at some point, see if they tie up or contradict at all.

I've now added the fact we didn't get more of these articles (I assume there would have been more, the blurb for Under the Knife II mentioned how popular they were) to Crusade never being finished and Matrix never being released as the biggest disappointments surrounding the magazine's cancellation.

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

Pulserifle, Brett's hat, cup, and personal dog tags with my registered number on alienslegacy.com. Also added M16 style sight so you can ya know aim. Accurate sling thanks to nobel on trf.com

Eldritch_DM

Eldritch_DM

Where'd you get the nice Pulse Rifle prop from?

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

Just a Matrix airsoft rifle that is usually on sale on evike for around $200. Not that accurate but but it has metal parts and a working round counter so worth the price I think. I repainted it and cut out the SPAS cage vents.

windebieste

windebieste

Fresh out of my workshop, four new rehabilitated members join our charming troupe of gun metal grey monstrosities.  Isn't this a bunch of charmers?

This lovely team is now increased to eight.  Count 'em... eight. 

Each one of these figures is now fully feature complete.  Once again, I've had to use some facsimile parts on them to return them into a state worthy of display.  Carapaces and shoulder spikes, mostly; with some figures requiring a split tongue piece or two in order to complete them.  That's just the minimum amount of work that's been applied to this lot.  They have each been cleaned and all their joints tightened up.  Note that they are all able to hold exactly the same pose completely unaided.  Take note that the poses are different in each image, too. 

I'm really proud of how these are turning out.   This little exercise has been costly but totally worth it. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My pangs of jealousy return every time you post these pictures.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 06, 2015, 11:02:48 PM

I like how it looks like they're all doing a nicely choreographed and synchronised dance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed