Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,331,701 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 19, 2018, 07:13:46 PM
I'm just pissed off mad they nonchalantly killed off the Sorna dinos.

:-\
f**kin same. I mean how did all the Sorna dinos just go off when apparently they grew into a healthy ecosystem in a few years. I mean lets look at the island, its f**kin huge, how are they going to be sure that they all died out? Not to mention that same population wreaked the first crew of hunters/mercenaries that went in 1997 so one would think that another crew jumps in a few years later is going to fair any better in one that grew stronger years ago?

Not to mention that you think it would be nice to have the Spino back wreaking havoc again and perhaps getting a match with a proper T-Rex, but it just can't be allowed to be that awesome huh...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So was that gif of the mosasaur eating up surfers legit or just fish shit?

Yea I forgot to save it before it was d-e-l.

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Yeah, writing off Sorna is a damn shame. I'd take anything on Sorna over anything these World films offer.

Gate

Gate

Nope. So tired of the islands. Give us something new like a dinosaur-infested mainland already.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I just remembered that they wanted Jurassic World to be a trilogy right? So if the dinos are now down to 11 species, and perhaps even lower by the end of Fallen Kingdom, where will this take us next? You think they'll do a twist and follow the human/dino hybrids after all?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Velociraptor commandos hunting drug lords, please. ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Gate on Apr 21, 2018, 05:19:04 PM
Nope. So tired of the islands. Give us something new like a dinosaur-infested mainland already.

I agree. Something akin to "dawn of the planet of the apes" perhaps? Being stalked by a t-rex through the ruins of New York, only to wind up in a raptors nest. I could do with some good military vs dinosaur action on the coast.

Gate

Gate

It's been... what, almost 30 years since the first JP? We've been on the islands for 30 years. Alien, Predator, Star Wars and even low budget films have moved on from their roots and continue to innovate. I'm glad that's what we're allegedly seeing in the new movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The mansion bits might be the closest thing we get to a proper Resident Evil movie.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

And that's ok, but why do you have to specifically kill them off?

Ending to 'Lost World' is so beautiful and poetic. :-\

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 22, 2018, 08:33:44 AM
And that's ok, but why do you have to specifically kill them off?

Ending to 'Lost World' is so beautiful and poetic. :-\
The islands were always on a clock. Without human intervention, Nublar dinos would've been dead due to the lysene deficiency. Sorna has a population of predators too great to sustain itself.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Gate on Apr 22, 2018, 04:54:11 PM
The islands were always on a clock. Without human intervention, Nublar dinos would've been dead due to the lysene deficiency. Sorna has a population of predators too great to sustain itself.

Half true. Its been already established since Lost World that the herbivorous dinos eaten plants that already have lysine and the carnivores eat those herbivorous, having a self containing ecosystem. If anything, both book and movie canons established that Nublar's volcano was a ticking time bomb and its no coincidence that its now awakening again. So Jurassic Park/World was already doomed from the start.  Ingen's List had more herbivore species than carnivores, we just think there is more carnivores due to the fact that its hollywood as no herbivore would relentlessly hunt down people like carnivores would.

Oh and going back to Fallen Kingdom, someone mentioned that for some strange reason, the Indoraptor has a specific interest on the small girl character, as its always ends up with him staring her down or trying to grab her. I always thought it was just trailer editing and perhaps even natural instincts to hunt after small creatures, but its brought up that she has been aware of the Indoraptor for sometime. Like perhaps she would always visit his cage to feed it or something. Not to mention that if it really wanted to kill her, it would have done so in the bed scene instead of slowly creepin up on her. I don't know but its interesting to think about.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 22, 2018, 07:29:07 PM

Half true. Its been already established since Lost World that the herbivorous dinos eaten plants that already have lysine and the carnivores eat those herbivorous, having a self containing ecosystem.
I am discussing Isla Nublar, where lysine was introduced via the irrigated water. Without that system, it would fail and the herbivores would eventually die. It's the same concept as a gel ant farm. You order ants designed to eat only that gel. Introduce an insect from the outside world, they will all die.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Gate on Apr 22, 2018, 09:04:45 PM

Half true. Its been already established since Lost World that the herbivorous dinos eaten plants that already have lysine and the carnivores eat those herbivorous, having a self containing ecosystem.
I am discussing Isla Nublar, where lysine was introduced via the irrigated water. Without that system, it would fail and the herbivores would eventually die. It's the same concept as a gel ant farm. You order ants designed to eat only that gel. Introduce an insect from the outside world, they will all die.
Ah ok that makes sense. Despite some of the game's flaws, I did like how TellTale's game is canon to the series. Would have been interesting to see the Troodons on the big screen.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 23, 2018, 03:01:52 AM
Quote from: Gate on Apr 22, 2018, 09:04:45 PM

Ah ok that makes sense. Despite some of the game's flaws, I did like how TellTale's game is canon to the series. Would have been interesting to see the Troodons on the big screen.
Dear god, the Troodons could give the velociraptors a run for their money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed