Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,331,381 times)

ace3g

ace3g

IMAX preview to debut with F9 and new poster

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld/status/1402729956161966080

Image from FB account

Quote65 Million Years in the making. #JurassicWorldDominion

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

The footage description sounds a little too fan-fiction with out of era/location dinosaurs to facilitate the origin of Hammond's cane.

ace3g

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 10, 2021, 11:35:36 AM
The footage description sounds a little too fan-fiction with out of era/location dinosaurs to facilitate the origin of Hammond's cane.

Yeah they're not even trying anymore

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

If Montana circa 65 million years ago doesn't look like today's Patagonia, then it's not Montana circa 65 million years ago.

Edit ~ Ignore the inaccurate Sue restoration, and maybe all my words.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I love the idea of the flashback, but all of the potential seems to have been wasted.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, seems to be the case. Also, I remember that Dr. Henry Wu mentions how different real dinosaurs would look, since as the source material itself recognizes; the creatures of this universe are genetically engineered monsters. I know it's not going to happen, but I think this flashback was the perfect chance to feature scientifically accurate dinosaurs, creating an interesting contrast to the creatures Ingen created in the future / present.

Edit: Kinda like...

ace3g

ace3g

I'd love, just as an inside joke, a fight between a Utah Raptor and Velociraptor.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Having seen the (leaked) footage I can safely say, I have no idea why they did this.

It's basically a few shots of dinosaurs and then a very quick fight. I think it was over quicker than the spino/rex fight back in JP3. Granted I could've been missing footage but I think I got the idea. It's basically an origin for the rex and why it's going to fight the giga in the film. Either it's an intentional callback or we're gonna pull genetic memory out of our ass and they happen to get the exact giga that killed the rex. It's just a weird addition.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

But Giga lived about 30 million years before T. rex, and far, far way in what is now Argentina (Gondwana at the time).

Edit- is there a Giganotosaurus in Jurassic World: Dominion:o

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

JP was the best, TLWJP was a mess, JPIII had some finesse, JW I did digest, JWFK was a jest, and JWD will finally put the series to rest.

Seriously though, I love these movies, but we are reaching Ian Malcom "I don't care!" (TLWJP) territory.

I predict prequels all set in the Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous Periods. No dialogue, just dinos doing there thing and mosquitos flying around taking samples of their blood with a Mr. DNA chime sound. :p

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Spoiler
While Giganotosaurus and T. Rex lived millions of years apart and in different areas, I'm glad they finally featured Giga.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed