Eating Aliens, WTF?!?

Started by vehtam, Nov 28, 2007, 08:58:43 PM

Author
Eating Aliens, WTF?!? (Read 60,475 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

The scene where it "ate" was bothersome. Not just on the level that the mystery disappeared, but that they didn't even take the time to make a prosthetic tongue.

SiL

SiL

Or make the shot look good.

Xhan

Xhan

NO WAI!!!! SKULLf**kING IS EXTREEEEME!!!!!!!oneoneuno.

HARDCORE

+1

echobbase79

echobbase79

That whole sequence with the alien eating the boy was pointless. How did it move the story? It didn't at all. To me it was to show the Predator using his spear. they could've saved that to the end.

The way you could work around that is to cut that little sequence with the alien and Wolf and just have the Morales and Dallas enter the pool house and cut directly to the locker room. Just seeing the bloody mess has more impact to me.

D88M

D88M

I remember when Greg said that nobody was cheering for the alien... I still laughing whit that :D :D :D :D

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

You're not supposed to cheer for the Alien. With that said, I don't see how that has anything to do with wanting a good portrayl of the creature.

D88M

D88M

For the predator either :)

EDIT: Drone 8).

And it was just a comment, the aliens in this movie are by far the worsts of all, hopefully this one and AVP are not cannon^^.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: AdamJZ on Jan 21, 2008, 05:54:54 AM
What purpose would it have to punch holes in a dead victem?  in the AVP-R psp game also you clearly see an Alien eating someone.

I don't know what purpose it would serve, but it sure as heck wasn't eating anything. :)

Like I said, it seriously looked like the thing had a low IQ and was majorly obsessed with doing the same thing on a loop. The directors might have had a different intent, but it didn't get conveyed very well, if they had.

QuoteIt makes perfect sense to me, just like in the AVP2 PC game.  why would the Alien even have a mouth if it dosent eat?  I dont think it needs to eat to survive though, probably just eats for pleasure and strength.

I pointed out the problem with it being portrayed as actually 'eating' - and it applies to the game, too.

1: If it was physically eating, it would either have to use the main jaws and tear pieces of flesh away.

2: If it exclusively uses the inner jaws and not outers, then just sdtriking them in and out does nothing. It should have struck in, then kept them in the wound and started to do the actually feasting.

The game portrayed striking as a method to eat, but those who made it didn't really think about the mechanics of doing so. It was like how they had the Predators being unable to stay cloaked when firing, even though it contradicted the films. Or how that Predalien was slower than a human-hosted version. A lot of very unrealistic decisions were taken for making that game, purely to provide 'balance'.

Quote from: AdamJZ on Jan 21, 2008, 08:04:28 AM
He was crushing their necks.

Yet they were very clearly still moving and thrashing about - especially their razor-tipped tails.

Heck, if we're going to believe the Predator's whip was capable of doing what it did, because of being Alien tail, then they need not even have stabbed. They could have just wrapped around and shredded.

When I watched it, I made the deliberate decision to see it as a 'monster film'. Something unconnected from both series, in the hope that would improve my view of it. It did, but things like that were still blatently obvious mistakes. I was sitting there, watching it, remembering how one of the directors kept hinting to us that something unpredictable would happen during it and... Nothing. It was taken up with the Predator posing, looking at each of the creatures in turn and I'm watching it, unable to think of anything other than, "Why don't they do something about it?"

QuoteThe Predalien was probably curious as to what the Predator was doing.

No, it was arrogant. It wasn't tilting its head or anything, like the Queen at the elevator. It was just standing there, roaring its head off. Challenging.

It should have just rushed the Predator and torn its guts out, but seemingly could not be bothered to do so. Much like when the Predator vaguely wounded it a bit, across the thorax or when the hunman group took a few meaningless shots at it and made it run away.

The Predalien should have been portrayed as a vicious, unstoppable killing machine, even more so than its brethren. How it was ultimately shown, was as a big bulky thing prone to 'rage issues' and scared of anything which went 'bang'.

Seriously, I think the Acheron Aliens could easily have killed it. They didn't f**k around. This Predalien did.

I don't know, maybe Predators going on Alien hunts get injected with something to make any hosted Alien easier to kill and looking stupid or something... At least, maybe if they do, there's hope for a future story to do the concept justice in the way it should.

the crowing

the crowing

i thought the inner jaw poking the kid was pretty lame.. it was just standing there with the crappy sound effects poking him
i mean they've got all of those razor sharp teeth and they don't use them??????

gases

gases

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2008, 08:02:57 AM
Why wouldn't they reach out and slap Wolf when he's literally in arm's reach?

Why would the PredAlien just stand there waiting for Wolf to take his kit off?

And on.

yeah and why didn't the queen just impale ripley in the power loader instead of being a clumsy bitch

you can ask these questions all day. But it was one predator so aliens had to be sacrificed. You know it would have been different if there were more.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

I bet almost no one questioned it at the time though because the movie is so immersive and well handled that you don't begin asking these questions until you've watched the movie to death.  The kinds of problems people are noticing in AVPR are normally the things that you don't pick up on until you've watched the movie 100s of times with various scenes going frame by frame.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I picked up on it and I've only seen it once. :)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 22, 2008, 04:16:50 PM
I picked up on it and I've only seen it once. :)
That was his point :P

Quote from: gases on Jan 22, 2008, 02:29:54 PM
yeah and why didn't the queen just impale ripley in the power loader instead of being a clumsy bitch
I think the question is why didn't you remember that it tried several times to do just that, but couldn't...

Xhan

Xhan

There's not much "question" in it.

That's how apologists work.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: D88M on Jan 22, 2008, 06:47:19 AM
For the predator either :)

Exactly. I don't root for the Predator, but I sure as heck was pissed when AVP rolled around and they looked like football players from space. Wanting them to be at their best =/= rooting for them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed