Eating Aliens, WTF?!?

Started by vehtam, Nov 28, 2007, 08:58:43 PM

Author
Eating Aliens, WTF?!? (Read 60,507 times)

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: vehtam on Dec 31, 2007, 12:32:31 AM
Quote from: Khan on Dec 31, 2007, 12:29:01 AM
Exactly like in Aliens vs Predator 2 in which you headbite and claw at bodies to regain health.

Khan, don't make me repeat myself for the FIFTH time about that, check few previous pages  ;)

AND I'M NOT QUESTIONING IT.

i'm wondering why Colin said in movie there is similiar to Alien3 scene instead of using secondary jaw scene suggested by me.

Because you dont really matter in the great scheme of things! ;)

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Khan on Jan 02, 2008, 06:44:34 PM

fair enough ;)

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: vehtam on Jan 02, 2008, 09:20:43 PM
Quote from: Khan on Jan 02, 2008, 06:44:34 PM

fair enough ;)

Thats life, aint it? Just one giant piece of s*** ;)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I don't think that they would eat metal.

If you think about it, all food is dead organisms.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 28, 2007, 01:38:12 AM
All it did was punch holes...

Have to say, I agree.

If it was 'eating', it would have either been tearing strips off with the far more capable main jaws or stuck the inner ones in and kept them there, rooting around inside. All it did in the film was to repetitively wound a corpse.

'Alien 3' doesn't count. We saw at least one victim who was 'rescued' from the Alien and the guy had superficial injuries, at best. No sign of actual eating, in any way.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 21, 2008, 05:48:05 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 28, 2007, 01:38:12 AM
All it did was punch holes...

Have to say, I agree.

If it was 'eating', it would have either been tearing strips off with the far more capable main jaws or stuck the inner ones in and kept them there, rooting around inside. All it did in the film was to repetitively wound a corpse.

'Alien 3' doesn't count. We saw at least one victim who was 'rescued' from the Alien and the guy had superficial injuries, at best. No sign of actual eating, in any way.

What purpose would it have to punch holes in a dead victem?  in the AVP-R psp game also you clearly see an Alien eating someone. 

It makes perfect sense to me, just like in the AVP2 PC game.  why would the Alien even have a mouth if it dosent eat?  I dont think it needs to eat to survive though, probably just eats for pleasure and strength.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 21, 2008, 05:48:05 AM
Superficial? You mean the guy who literally drowned in his own blood from the neck wound? I think that's a wee bit more serious than superficial.

gases

gases

Quote from: vehtam on Dec 31, 2007, 12:19:27 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 29, 2007, 12:44:58 AM
Quote from: vehtam on Nov 29, 2007, 12:32:22 AM

they propably would be using secondary jaw. i can't even imagine how awful it would look, especially with this new, fancy adi jaws design

Or maybe it's just like the scene from Alien3, just a bit closer::)

here you go gases

I don't see whats wrong with this. Could have been raking the body with claws while headbiting in alien3. I don't understand whats wrong with this comment or how it is a lie in anyway. Eating was hinted at in alien3 and was shown in avpr. It doesn't matter if the person was dead because he was referring to it's actual eating, not if the victim was dead or alive. This is in no way a lie because it has a great likeness to alien3. He didn't say it's exactly the same as the scene in alien3, he said maybe it's just like the actual headbiting action maybe. I think you need to step back and be a little more objective.

SiL

SiL

Cos in Alien3, the Alien didn't just sit there looking like a doofus with his inner jaw just going in and out a few times. It was quite clearly stripping bits off the body - Whether it ate them is debatable.

gases

gases

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2008, 06:32:56 AM
Cos in Alien3, the Alien didn't just sit there looking like a doofus with his inner jaw just going in and out a few times. It was quite clearly stripping bits off the body - Whether it ate them is debatable.

How does that make a difference in anyway if it looked like a doofus.
And it shouldn't need to strip meat from the body when the tounge can pierce skulls. There is plenty of meat even if it didn't choose to strike a different section as it can just go deeper and take mouthfulls with it's penetrating power.

Perhaps in alien3 the alien used it's claws because the prisoner was alive and it had no need in AVPR because the boy was dead. (I can't remember if prisoner was alive or not)

SiL

SiL

The fact remains, the scene is nothing like the one in Alien 3. We know what the scene in Alien 3 looks like up close because we were shown it in Alien 3, to much better effect.

gases

gases

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2008, 06:55:47 AM
The fact remains, the scene is nothing like the one in Alien 3. We know what the scene in Alien 3 looks like up close because we were shown it in Alien 3, to much better effect.

I know the scenes are different but to suggest Colin is lying for saying eating may have been occuring is too far, when they are implied to be eating.

He is not referring to how the scene is set up, just that there is a possibility the alien may have been eating the body like it was in AVPR.

This is blown way out of proportion, even for this forum.

SiL

SiL

Again, there was really no impression it was 'eating', just punching more holes.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2008, 07:27:44 AM
Again, there was really no impression it was 'eating', just punching more holes.

again... why would it do that to a dead victem?  not to mention Greg Strause said in an interview that the Aliens eat people.  sure looked like eating to me.

SiL

SiL

Why wouldn't they reach out and slap Wolf when he's literally in arm's reach?

Why would the PredAlien just stand there waiting for Wolf to take his kit off?

And on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed