Alien Experience has new interview with Greg Strause (New Pics Included)

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2007, 05:15:32 PM

Author
Alien Experience has new interview with Greg Strause (New Pics Included) (Read 21,862 times)

Alienseseses

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 03, 2007, 10:57:58 PM
An organism being native to Earth has nothing to do with the skeletal structure. The dreadlocks you can explain away. The mandibles you can explain away. The fact that the thing suddenly has a transluscent shell and silver shoulder pads is something that isn't easily explained.

This is a design born of compromises with an illogical studio.

The original had a translucent shell and silver shoulders.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The original had a transluscent shell, but not the silvery bits.

That isn't so much the issue I'm trying to address. It's that this is the same Salerno design people hated when they first heard about it, only with fan winks that don't carry over into any of the adult alien designs in the same film.

Alienseseses

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 03, 2007, 11:21:41 PM
The original had a transluscent shell, but not the silvery bits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:A_Xenomorph.jpg

That isn't so much the issue I'm trying to address. It's that this is the same Salerno design people hated when they first heard about it, only with fan winks that don't carry over into any of the adult alien designs in the same film.

Actually... That was Alien head, pred body, alien tail.

This has much more to it Alien-wise.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: JMR on Dec 03, 2007, 01:09:54 PM
Yeah but there is no reason or evidence that proves against it either....

There is, actually.

Quote from: KidPresentable on Dec 03, 2007, 04:40:08 PM
The predator is there to eliminate the aliens not to purposely kill humans unless they threaten him? Exactly!

No, it probably means the Predator is going to be glorified, just as many had suspected.

The guy made valid points about why people should not necessarily 'support' the Aliens, as they're vicious monsters, while we should support the human characters they terrorise. That's precisely what the audience did with that series.

The fact that he did not make the same point for Predators, is conspicuous by its absence.

QuoteWinston's heads would not mesh well at all with the current body design that they're using. Where did they say that the heads were an improvement over Winston's?

"More intricately carved".

Most would seem to agree that the skulls from 'Aliens' were more intricately carved than these versions have been.

Quote from: JMR on Dec 03, 2007, 10:32:14 PM
Oh I must have missed the part where it states that aliens take the same amount of traits from predators as they do from humans.... Which movie was that again?

Let's look at Host A: It's a human. We see the traits and Alien takes from them.

Now, let's look at Host B: It's a canine. We see the traits it takes from that one and what traits it has in common with the other one, from a human. It's mostly to do with limb configurations, tail development and so on, but not a huge amount of difference is seen between them.

Here comes Host C: It's a Predator. The sheer number of traits it's taking on is ridiculously huge.

Instead of asking yourself, "Why shouldn't it be?" You should consider Host 1 and 2, then ask youself why it should be.

SiL

Cos it's a PredAlien and we've never seen one so they can do what they want.

I want a Frank Sinatra Alien.

Flyyy me to Acherooon
And let me plaaay within the dereliiict
Let me see what spring is like ooon
Zeta-II Reticuliiii

Major Alan Schaefer

It works both ways, A and B both are Earthborn, Predators are more Alien and very diffrent
Also not to many diffrences,  strenght, size, dreadlocks, manibles, color, RM
Dog alien had diffrent size, shape, tail. also the Dog had no extra things like manidbles or dreadlocks
Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:16:58 AM
Cos it's a PredAlien and we've never seen one so they can do what they want.

I want a Frank Sinatra Alien.

Flyyy me to Acherooon
And let me plaaay within the dereliiict
Let me see what spring is like ooon
Zeta-II Reticuliiii

Hey don't dis Frank... he's a human not an Alien

JMR

QuoteLet's look at Host A: It's a human. We see the traits and Alien takes from them.

Now, let's look at Host B: It's a canine. We see the traits it takes from that one and what traits it has in common with the other one, from a human. It's mostly to do with limb configurations, tail development and so on, but not a huge amount of difference is seen between them.

Here comes Host C: It's a Predator. The sheer number of traits it's taking on is ridiculously huge.

Instead of asking yourself, "Why shouldn't it be?" You should consider Host 1 and 2, then ask youself why it should be.

Should be to you, not everybody. I don't see anything wrong with the dreadlocks and different color scheme. It's still mostly alien and I'm happy with that. I like the Predalien the way it is, very menacing. Can you tell me with 100 percent certainty that Predator DNA can't influence more than human?  Of course you can't, hence no problem with it....

SiL

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 04, 2007, 12:19:46 AM
Uh, I know. I meant an Alien that came from Frank Sinatra. Which could sing, because we've never seen an Alien come out of Frank Sinatra before.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:28:28 AM
Uh, I know. I meant an Alien that came from Frank Sinatra. Which could sing, because we've never seen an Alien come out of Frank Sinatra before.
i know that, but Frank has the same basic genitics as a human a Predator doesn't

SiL

Doesn't matter. We still haven't seen an Alien that came out of Frank Sinatra, so for all we know it could break out into song.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:30:11 AM
Doesn't matter. We still haven't seen an Alien that came out of Frank Sinatra, so for all we know it could break out into song.
...it does to people who think at it logically...

Alienseseses

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:28:28 AM
Is that a counter- argument? Because we all know he was human.

Or... was he?

Xenomorphine

It works both ways, A and B both are Earthborn, Predators are more Alien and very diffrent
Dog alien had diffrent size, shape, tail. also the Dog had no extra things like manidbles or dreadlocks

To the facehugger, humans and dogs are both just as 'alien' to it, as the Predators are.

Geography doesn't matter. There's no reason why it should magically take on more host DNA from a Predator than any other Alien would do. The explanation given for this, so far, is that Predators have "stronger" DNA, which makes no scientific sense. :)

And yes, it's only a film. It's only entertainment. But if that's the only goal the production team had in mind when making this, there should not be any surprise at seeing people point out that the result doesn't make sense, if scientifically analysed.

Remember, up to now, the 'Alien' films had a huge component of science within them. If we're abandoning that now, for the sake of style, then so be it, but let's not gloss over that fact, should it be so.

Major Alan Schaefer

I didn't mean it like its more alien in the scene of where it is cut me a break...its an alien with diffrent DNA, were supposed to beliave it'd be execally the same? if its on a molecualr level it should be diffrent...to some extant. it still looks, acts and is an Alien to that extant its good. your taking the brother to literaly its not stronger DNA its just diffrent. trying to say an Alien species will react to another alien species in some way is impossible. so the result shown on film is what we should take

JMR

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 04, 2007, 12:39:11 AM

To the facehugger, humans and dogs are both just as 'alien' to it, as the Predators are.

Geography doesn't matter. There's no reason why it should magically take on more host DNA from a Predator than any other Alien would do. The explanation given for this, so far, is that Predators have "stronger" DNA, which makes no scientific sense. :)

And yes, it's only a film. It's only entertainment. But if that's the only goal the production team had in mind when making this, there should not be any surprise at seeing people point out that the result doesn't make sense, if scientifically analysed.

Remember, up to now, the 'Alien' films had a huge component of science within them. If we're abandoning that now, for the sake of style, then so be it, but let's not gloss over that fact, should it be so.

Scientific sense?.... Come on, the Predator is from a different world entirely. They could me made up of different type of molecules that aren't on earth, and these can react differently to alien DNA then humans or dogs. You can't base this off of science since both creatures are fictional. Just what we have seen in the movies, and we haven't seen a predalien at all or even the mention of one, so this is all new ground....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed