Delta Echo Alpha Delta

If it was Bishop it goes against his Asimov Protocols

If it was the Queen she must have stood on her head to lay an egg at that angle

I vote poorly written plot device

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Nov 19, 2017, 07:10:27 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 19, 2017, 09:21:15 AM
Well in that case it surely has ear holes too.

And is there a human brain encased in the human skull that's encased in the alien dome?
There has to be; where else would it store the human soul of the host victim.

Man we need to get some plausible reason for Ripley having been impregnated. Why not just assume that the facehugger already got to her before she awoke in Aliens to see the two jars knocked over. I mean Burke couldn't have carried both at the same time. He got greedy and dumped the second one off as the first was doing it's business on Ripley's face. Yea the Sulaco egg crap is still a nightmare but that's all the upside down egg thing really is. A facehugger catching a ride on the Queen is completely possible. Even merely just scuttling aboard the drop ship is ok too. There simply was never ever an egg on board; just disarrayed writing. So when Bishop says it was with them all the way he meant on the drop ship as well.

Come on guys, let's fix this shit and exonerate Bishop. Yes exonerate 'cause until someone proves otherwise Bishop is still Guilty.

Apollo

Apollo

I would say it was always the Queen as I'm pretty sure that was the way it was meant to be interpreted.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Bishop.
It's the only way to be sure.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Was thinking how Alien: Covenant fits into the egg on the Sulaco debate.
Alien: Covenant shows tiny eggs that are yet to grow big (David barfs some out). Maybe the Sulaco egg started really tiny and grew until mature enough?
Of course, it needed to be slapped into the upright position by someone/something.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I didn't think they were eggs, just Facehugger embryos that David had somehow created.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2018, 01:22:57 PM
I didn't think they were eggs, just Facehugger embryos that David had somehow created.
Does that imply that he would be able to grow a facehugger without an egg?
That does not seem right. I think the embryos would grow to be eggs.
But still, they were a creation of David's and not classical Queen eggs that's probably the case in Alien 3.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 01, 2018, 02:07:37 PMDoes that imply that he would be able to grow a facehugger without an egg?

Either that or he'd removed one from an egg early in development and stuck it in something else to keep it cosy while it was in the drawer on the Covenant.

Still wouldn't explain how he knew exactly what size to make the little blob so it fit perfectly inside the recessed trays he'd never seen aboard a ship he'd never set foot on :P

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 01, 2018, 02:07:37 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2018, 01:22:57 PM
Does that imply that he would be able to grow a facehugger without an egg?
That does not seem right. I think the embryos would grow to be eggs.
But still, they were a creation of David's and not classical Queen eggs that's probably the case in Alien 3.
Well his xenos arent the originals but just his attempt at recreating them from the finds he found on that planet from the engineers. Hence the differences and they grow way faster but are way more dumb and less dangerous.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

hmm Alien: Covenant is a prequel to Aliens and AlienĀ³... so that means it must have been David who planted the alien egg upside down aboard the Sulaco. Of course this is all predicated on him surviving the next movie and taking over the company as the rightful heir. Actually, holy shit that would be something.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Checked the Alien: Covenant novelization and the small facehugger embryos are actually called eggs. Of course that does not prove anything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed