Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 712,339 times)

Cromartie

Cromartie

THE FACE HUGGERS WERE CRAWLING AROUND THE QUEENS BODY ALSO ONE HAD TO BE A PREATORIAN TO CREATE A QUEEN AND THEY ARE BLACK SO WUD BE HARDER TO SEE ON A QUEEN BUT CRAWLING AROUND HER BODY LIKE BABY SCORPIONS DO ON THEIR MOTHER!

Meathead320

Meathead320

zombie,

Please stop quoteing AVP: Extinction.

People come on here all the time trying to apply video game logic to the movies.

That video game is not accurate to the movies, and has "made up" castes.

No Praetorian class has been shown on film. It is just fan fiction, and video game stuff.

If you want to discuss that stuff these is a place in the forums for it here too.

The video game section.

AVP: extinction  does have its fans, I am one of them too;) but in the Alien movies there have been shown only two castes of Adults. Regular adult aliens, and the Queen. That is all.

I agree that facehuggers hitching a ride on a Queen would make perfect sense, but at the end of A2, all the eggs close to the Queen, or all that we could see, had been torched.

There did not seem to be any eggs close by the Queen could take with, or have the hugger hitch rides.

We also saw an EGG in either the Sulaco (or the dropship), in the beginning of A3.

Fans have been trying to come up with a logical reason as to how that egg got there.

I think the Queen put it there, and that she can still make at least one or even two eggs without needing her eggsack.

The Aliens have been shown to have a lot more tricks up their sleeves than we give them credit for, so it is good your thinking outside the box.

Cromartie

Cromartie

allright heres an idea!
the queen sensed danger and as a way to ensure the survival of the race had a drone or warrior sneak the egg aboard the dropship. the drone or warrior either was still aboard the sullaco or was sucked out of the airlock.

SM

SM

Pretty pissweak Alien not to do anything whatsoever to protect the Queen.  An Alien woulda nailed Ripley in half a second strapped into that loader.

Plus we woulda seen it getting sucked out.

QuoteThere did not seem to be any eggs close by the Queen could take with, or have the hugger hitch rides.

She was surrounded by eggs.  Very simple to take one.

Cromartie

Cromartie

well the queen would have had an egg on board both dropships as a way of proagating the species!

SM

SM

Both dropships?  Then why did the Alien on the Bug Stomper kill the pilot?

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2007, 11:36:57 PM
Pretty pissweak Alien not to do anything whatsoever to protect the Queen.  An Alien woulda nailed Ripley in half a second strapped into that loader.

Plus we woulda seen it getting sucked out.

QuoteThere did not seem to be any eggs close by the Queen could take with, or have the hugger hitch rides.

She was surrounded by eggs.  Very simple to take one.

She WAS surrounded by them. Then Ripley torched them. Did you see any decent ones left near the Queen Ripley missed? I could be wrong on this, but I thought Ripley ruined all of the eggs that were close to her and the Queen.

As far as another Adult Alien getting onboard, with the Queen, that IS thinking outside the box constructively.

Perhaps the Queen had instructed it to not interfere? The drone slinked off and hid the eggs and itself, while the Queen provided a distraction as well as trying to kill Ripley and Newt.

SM

SM

There were an awful lot of eggs in that room.  Very easy for the Queen to bag on on the way out.

As for an adult on board - nothing whatsoever to support it.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Mar 06, 2007, 12:49:06 AM
There were an awful lot of eggs in that room.  Very easy for the Queen to bag on on the way out.

As for an adult on board - nothing whatsoever to support it.

Nothing else to support it, but absence of proof is not proof of innocence.

Personally I think it is farm more likely that the Queen just took a couple with her.

She is huge, and we never saw a good lighting shot of her entire body between the time she left the hive and when she lowered herself from the Dropship.

Personally I think the eggs never ever were on the Sulaco itself, but rather still in some part of the Dropship at the Begging of A3.

I am very familiar with the Queen design, and it is a little known fact that she does have an orifice, that looks a lot like a vagina between her legs.

Eggs may come out of it, and enter the eggsack where they mature, but it may also be a place where eggs are already forming, ready to plop out into the egg sack, that assists in speeding up the development of the facehugger.

I could imagine the Queen just laying two of them in the Dropship, or even just dumping a couple out under the floor grating plates while she was searching for Newt.

The eggs may not have been mature enough to hatched just then, as without the eggsack the eggs would have taken longer to mature.

Perhaps Bishop just did not see her do this. She may not have been visible to him the entire time she was chasing newt, as without his legs, when she got behind him, he may not have been able to turn around to watch her.

Newt would have been distracted with, well running from the Queen.

The Queen is still IMHO the most simple and likely candidate for the egg stasher.

I was just saying that it is not impossible the Queen may have been occompanied by an regular Adult.

SM

SM

QuoteNothing else to support it, but absence of proof is not proof of innocence.

Alright then - it was Gorman all along.  When no one was looking he MacGyvered a teleporter together and beamed some eggs up to the Sulaco.

J'accuse!!  ;D

When you start down the whole "absence of proof" road you can make anything up and hide behind that defence.  Basing theories on known facts is much more plausible.

SiL

SiL

Don't be silly - Burke hitched a ride on the Alien Queen's back, holding on to an egg. When the ship landed, he ran off and planted the egg, then died after he tripped and broke his back.

DUH.

SM

SM

The shifty c**t!

Meathead320

Meathead320

Maybe it was a Jocky who visited the Sulaco while every one else was on the LV-426.

OR maybe it was the PREDATORS! ;p

Cromartie

Cromartie

or maybe hicks was impregnated after all!! and he birthed a queen!! he was impaled by a security support!! could be what happened!!

Extroheal

Extroheal

Whenever there is a thread like this, someone always feels the need to say something stupid like "the director put the egg there". ::) Please restrain yourselves people. Some of us are trying to have a serious discussion here.

First I want to establish that there was probably only one egg. It's extremely unlikely that two eggs somehow got aboard. If there were two eggs then there must've been two facehuggers and Ripley should've found the remains of the facehugger that got her aboard the cryotube. I don't know why  people have so much trouble accepting a facehugger that can lay two embryos. The only facehugger we saw that laid only one embryo was the one that hot Kane. For all we know, facehuggers that lay two embryos are common. There must've been several in AVP to explain why there were more alines than hosts.

Whoever planted the egg on the Sulaco must've deliberately planted it upside down so that it would open by itself without the presence of a host. It's also obvious that it couldn't have been a human since the egg would've opened while the person was carrying it.

I don't think it could've been Bishop. Although he was created by a Weyland-Yutani guy, he works for the United States Colonial Marines. If he had a some hidden company programming that directed him to complete WY objectives in secret then why would he bother rescuing Ripley and Newt? He could've just said that everyone else died and brought the egg back to Earth himself. And why didn't he confess to Ripley in Alien 3 that he was the one who brought the egg aboard? He had nothing to lose. And he did not have the time to enter the hive, find an egg and then come back for Ripley. I don't think the aliens would've let him steal an egg. And if he did take an egg, how did he know it would contain a queen facehugger? Was it just luck?

The more obvious possibility is that the Queen is responsible. There are two ways this could've happened. Either she found an undamaged egg and carried it on her back or she has the ability to lay some kind of proto-egg without her egg sack. According to this theory, the basic egg is produced inside the queen's body and the egg sack adds extra layers of tissue to it to make it fully formed an ready to hatch when it comes out. The proto-egg would grow very slowly into a full egg, perhaps taking days or weeks. Or it may never become fully developed which would explain why the egg looks a bit smaller than a regular egg. Maybe the reason the egg opened is because it reached the end of its lifespan. However, these ideas only work if the egg was on the dropship. Since no one can prove otherwise we can assume it was on the dropship.

My favorite explanation is that a warrior alien got aboard the dropship with an egg while no one was looking. If the queen could do it then why not a warrior? The warrior's motivation would be simple. There used to be plenty of humans on our planet but now we've run out of them. Then that strange flying thing came and brought more humans. Maybe if I sneak aboard the flying thing with a queen-egg it will take me to a place where there are plenty more humans that can be used to propagate the species.

The most silly theory I've heard is that Hudson somehow escaped the hive and then somehow got aboard the dropship without anyone noticing before losing consciousness. When he woke up the dropship was back aboard the Sulaco and everyone was in hypersleep. He gave birth to a queen chestburster and the queen laid the eggs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed