Doubt: Can you really blame us?

Started by The Unknown, Nov 22, 2007, 07:01:53 PM

Author
Doubt: Can you really blame us? (Read 5,181 times)

Anomaly

Anomaly

Most explain a suspected gimmick away of AVP-R without collectively looking at them ALL. Thats what I find funny about many optimists on this board. We raise issue after issue and therye always there to refute it in some clever way, but lets tally up the warning signs shall we?

• Weve got new directors that are making their DEBUT with this film, previously VFX pros.
  • The script is written by the same guy who gave us AVP.
  • Weve got Fox, who is known to destroy franchises, and even has killed THESE franchises years ago  ::)
  • Christmas release date. Suggesting a "christmas is time for blood and guts" mentality here, typical of cheap films
  • Weve got no name actors in a suburban town, ala Friday the 13th.
  • So far the lines sound simplistic.
  • Weve already spotted one of those corny teen makeout scenes ala "Swimfan"
  • Weve got a redband trailer with a head explosion and violence montage. I dont think any Alien or Predator film has ever had a red band.
  • We have a cast member stating the movie is mainly about blowing sht up reel good.

• The puking idea is blatantly a shock device. Puke shock is usually seen in low brow films, or Marilyn Manson live performances.
  • The runtime is that of Predator 1, however 1000 times more creatures will be running amock, meaning more action than cant fit the frame probably.
  • Browsing the replies, many fans it draws out are those looking for violence and bloody murders of humans they couldnt care less about.

With these blatant warning signs, is it so illogical to believe this film is most likely going down the road that about a dozen warning signs say it will? Ive seen warning signs before but man, this one has to be the highest count for a film.

These signs are either right on the money, or this film has one of the WORST image problems I've ever seen. Just like the stock market, you sell when you sense danger. Everyone does it.

WisePredator

Amen to all of that!

superunknown

Doubt or skepticism is a much more logical reaction than blind, misplaced faith.

Aeus

Aeus

The script was heavilly rewritten by someone other than Salerno.

WisePredator

Yet it is still similar to the AICN script.

Plokoon111

Avpr sucks! They nailed the last bolt onto the coffin, bye bye alien series.

WisePredator

This is the first "Alien" film that have the Aliens pussified.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAvpr sucks!
Cool, so you saw it already, tell me about it. :)

gameoverman

I'm hoping that since Colin posts here - he directly knows what the fans are concerned with.  And when AVP 3 comes along, that they try and rectify them.  

It is a vain hope, but it's the only chance we'll ever see biomechanical aliens again.  I don't really have faith in anybody else but Ridley Scott or James Cameron to ever do justice to the aliens again.

WisePredator

Colin is concerned with what the fans want...

...that's why we have weak ass Aliens.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: WisePredator on Nov 22, 2007, 07:10:06 PM
Yet it is still similar to the AICN script.

Going on what I've heard:

Essentially the plot is the same, but the finer details have been reowrked.

The characters go by the same names, but were heavilly reworked in an effort to stop them being the cardboard cutouts they once were.

The fights happen in the same places, but they happen differently.

The writer also thinks the final version of this film is better than Alien Ressurection, Predator 2 and AVP. He says it also more watchable than Alien 3 but not as arty.

gameoverman

Quote from: WisePredator on Nov 22, 2007, 07:20:49 PM
Colin is concerned with what the fans want...

...that's why we have weak ass Aliens.

I'm not saying that he is concerned.  He may not give a shit.  But since he posts here, he would at least know what the fans are complaining about.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteThe writer also thinks the final version of this film is better than Alien Ressurection, Predator 2 and AVP.
Wow, if its better then predator 2 then it must be really great.
QuoteThey screwed this movie up, why!
Just tell me where you saw the movie, im so damn hyped for this great movie that i want to watch it too.

vehtam

vehtam

well, beware my opinion!

i think it's nice take. every film was different from another an it's one of the things, that makes these series so different from other sequels, which are pretty much all the same in slightly different package. although i really hate 'adventure movie for 12-years old children' take on avp, i can imagine this different route done correctly, with different director, script, and sfx company and for more mature people.

now we're facing nice gory movie. there wasn't gore take yet and i think it could be fantastic, another different point of view to the whole universe. all these signs are in fact pretty much the main points of movie of this kind. i think bloody gorefest would be nice addition to the series, where we have already gothic sci-fi, war movie, psychological drama, autoparody and, unfortunately, fu*king derailed adventure one. again we're going to get something different and that's nice

and also i understand situation in which brothers are. they can't say to much to fox, or force ideas, because it's their first motion picture. if they tried to be hard asses on fox, it could end up like with fincher, butchering all the source material to not so good flick, which fails in everything because of the cuts and ruining artistic vision of the creator. i really hate present setting, but it's not their fault, they propably had tied hands on this. but from footage so far they are doing their best for this movie, and even with major failures like vomiting embryos instead of making the real oral rape kind of actions for chet with genitalia, it's still pretty neat and even if you not, i'm seeing the direction brothers wanted to go with.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 22, 2007, 07:26:30 PM
QuoteThe writer also thinks the final version of this film is better than Alien Ressurection, Predator 2 and AVP.
Wow, if its better then predator 2 then it must be really great.
No new crossover is better than the originals.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed