Alien Drones Molting into Queens

Started by Space Disc Jockey, Nov 22, 2007, 08:17:48 AM

Author
Alien Drones Molting into Queens (Read 2,049 times)

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Here is a thread to talk about the idea of Alien warriors molting into Queens. This seems to be something that is introduced in AVP-R and should certainly be talked about more.

What are you thoughts/opinions on this subject?

Is this something that fits well as an Alien survival/reproductive tactic?

Should Queens just be born from face-huggers/chestbursters?

If this Queen-molting idea only applied to the PredAlien, would this make more sense?

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Alien Queens should be born only from facehuggers.Like in Alien 3 and Alien R.
If all aliens can molt into queens anytime they want,why the Hell in the first Alien movie the alien didn't molt?
Little space ship?Nah,there's gotta be something else that can ruin the molting(except Ripley :D).

SlappyMCnasty

SlappyMCnasty

only by facehuggers and chestbursters,

heck I even dilike the superfacehuigger.

but I ´think the hybrid isent molting ino a queen, it is a borne queen, wo is growing upp

Master

Master

Queen egg. then queen facehugger:

then queen embryo:

Then queen burster:

Then adult queen:

That it should be.

If they want to add something then they may put a stage between burster and Adult. But for bigger changes I vote NO!

I`ve found this site during searching for pictures. It`s nice although in spanish I don`t speak:
http://www.devir.com.br/alien_predador/evolution.php

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

NOOOOO, well, I don't know, I always think about it as a bee colony, or ant, the queen has to give birth to another queen, and then u get what ahppened in Alien that confuses me more.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It's been repeatedly confirmed that it's an ordinary adult which is transforming into one.

The superfacehugger design was amazingly biomechanical, I just didn't like the membranes between the legs.

War Wager

I really don't like the molting idea. If every Alien drone could molt, they'd want to as soon as they reach adult size.

Reborn

Reborn

Yeah,the should only have eggs and facehuggers thats whats cool about the alien biology.

Master

Master

I think that a stage between queen burster and adult queen, would be interesting (pretorian maybe??) but if done right.

SM

SM

Queens are born - not made.

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

Drones molting into Queens? WHAAAT? .. From where you got this thing Oo ... never heard of it ..

greetz

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

I don't know?  Once I see how the cycle works in this movie, I'll debate the subject.  Right now I'm stuck in the middle on this one, because of the events that transpired in "Alien".

Xenomorphine

Quote from: $cHm0cK on Nov 22, 2007, 10:04:15 PM
Drones molting into Queens? WHAAAT?.. From where you got this thing Oo... never heard of it..

From the new directors.

Space Disc Jockey

And also, as I asked in a couple of other threads, why come up with this new idea now, when the Alien in ALIEN and the Alien in ALIEN3 didn't do this?

Yes, I know Ripley had a Queen chestburster in Alien3, but why wasn't the Alien molting, before they had their first encounter?

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 23, 2007, 04:49:57 AM
And also, as I asked in a couple of other threads, why come up with this new idea now, when the Alien in ALIEN and the Alien in ALIEN3 didn't do this?

Yes, I know Ripley had a Queen chestburster in Alien3, but why wasn't the Alien molting, before they had their first encounter?

Does it seem from any of Colin or Greg's posts that they actually like those films? Besides the reference with the Predator skull + transparent cowl, everything's steepled in Aliens lore.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed