Paul W.S. Anderson - Not such a big AvP fan after all.

Started by Pseudo, Mar 17, 2007, 03:04:59 AM

Author
Paul W.S. Anderson - Not such a big AvP fan after all. (Read 3,787 times)

SM

The terms 'fanboys' and 'talented' are by and large, mutually exclusive.

ShadowPred

Paul Anderson: "I find it really hard to find someone who has watched the movies as much as i have"

Yeah  like about zero times

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2007, 09:04:44 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Mar 19, 2007, 03:03:35 AM
Yeah, the moral of the story is don't let self-proclaimed fanboys write an Alien and/or Predator film.  (Also Trek, but that's another story.)

That, I find, to be wrong. Trek fans write better Trek than TPTB. They also wrote some of the best TNG stuff and a lot of Trek virtual series are better written than the later Trek shows.

I don't think fanboys shouldn't be allowed to write, untalented fanboys maybe.

I think the moral is to never let an alien fan direct an avp movie. Im not saying that in a disrespectful way to the alien fans here, Im just saying that if an alien fan directs an avp movie, obviously we are all going to know how the aliens are going to be treated and how a predators are going to be treated.

gameoverman

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 24, 2007, 03:35:55 PM
Paul Anderson: "I find it really hard to find someone who has watched the movies as much as i have"

He said in the commentary that he watched Aliens over a hundred times.

Predboy

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 08, 2007, 08:39:45 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 24, 2007, 03:35:55 PM

He said in the commentary that he watched Aliens over a hundred times.

Minus 99 from that number and you get the number of times he watched the predator movies.

SiL

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 08, 2007, 08:19:58 PM
I think the moral is to never let an alien fan direct an avp movie.
Or a Predator fan, for that matter.

Dachande

Well im neutral >__>

I CAN WRITE IT! THEN I CAN WRITE THE THEME TOON, SING THE THEME TOON! </little britain reference>

But if i write and direct, then i cant be an actor in it v__v

Predboy

Quote from: SiL on Jun 08, 2007, 08:54:36 PM
I think the moral is to never let an alien fan direct an avp movie.
Or a Predator fan, for that matter.

True, true. I think it would be best for a fan that likes them both, equally, so that way niether of the species will have more power over the other. You get what im trying to say, right? RIGHT! >:(

gameoverman

It wasn't the fact that Paul Anderson was a fan of AVP.

And definitely a fan should direct any sequels.  James Cameron was a fan of the first Alien movie.  So was David Fincher.  You need a fan to properly respect the franchise - otherwise they won't care less.

Nychus

People can talk, but in Hollywood it's ALWAYS about money.

gameoverman

Quote from: Nychus on Jun 11, 2007, 06:56:46 PM
People can talk, but in Hollywood it's ALWAYS about money.

Well it's not a charity you know.

Nychus

Nychus

Yeah, what I meant is that Hollywood doesn't care about creativity as it isn't the one behind it, that creativity being merely an excuse for it to rake money, therefore making the said creativity harder in that industry as it's usually pooped on in the end to exploit the trusting fans. About the only thing that's worth working on there are the effects, even that sometimes being limited by studio bullies.

The point is, what Paul Anderson and Fox did has been a common practice since the beginning. It's how they make you pay.

Enough said here.

Vader the White

Vader the White

I think the moral is to never let an alien fan direct an avp movie. Im not saying that in a disrespectful way to the alien fans here, Im just saying that if an alien fan directs an avp movie, obviously we are all going to know how the aliens are going to be treated and how a predators are going to be treated.
Hey, I would treat both with respect!

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Mar 19, 2007, 03:03:35 AM
I can't recall a single interview where he didn't rag on Alien 3 & 4
Don't we insult Alien 4 almost all the time?

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Jun 12, 2007, 06:11:38 PM
Don't we insult Alien 4 almost all the time?

We're not making a movie for Fox, or trying to ingraciate ourselves with fans of the series.  He was.

I should also add that the ragging he did on A3/4 & P2 was mostly indirect, but the fact still remains that he clearly thinks highly of A1/2, and has respect for P1.  (Maybe.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed