How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 65,588 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Robotpo on Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM
Just out of curiosity, how does this look like it's "going back to the roots"? T

maybe this is a reference to an interest in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, since this did inspire Ridley Scott when he made Alien, and the Strauses have the cinematographer from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre working on their movie

Anomaly

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 24, 2007, 08:42:59 PM
maybe this is a reference to an interest in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, since this did inspire Ridley Scott when he made Alien, and the Strauses have the cinematographer from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre working on their movie

And if true, it would seem one of many of Scotts influences have come back to haunt this franchise in a bad way.

Robotpo

H.P Lovecraft, Jaws and The Omen were all listed as inspiration for "Alien" also. God, do I wish they'd return to those, instead of the "slasher" direction...

Anomaly

Jaws is far more respectable agreed.

Weasel

Jaws got #1 scariest film of all time on BRAVO'S list. Alien was #2.  :(

Robotpo

Personally, as a kid I was scared by Jaws because it could conceivably happen. Was never scared by the aliens, as they were just too damn cool.  ;D

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Robotpo on Nov 24, 2007, 09:17:35 PM
H.P Lovecraft, Jaws and The Omen were all listed as inspiration for "Alien" also. God, do I wish they'd return to those, instead of the "slasher" direction...

I wouldn't know about The Omen being on the list, but Exorcist managed to get in there amongst the ones that interested Ridley Scott

RoaryUK

Yeah this is definately one thing that worries me about AvP-R ....christ, I hope it doesn't turn out to be a slasher!!

Clydewyman

Quote from: RoaryUK on Nov 25, 2007, 12:49:15 AM

Yeah this is definately one thing that worries me about AvP-R ....christ, I hope it doesn't turn out to be a slasher!!

I remember a Predator fan film that falls into a Slasher genre and that is "The Harvest". Pretty much creative and thrilling fan film though, a Bad Blood Predator killing and hunting innocent humans (the couples) in a forest after their cars break down.

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Nov 25, 2007, 07:29:02 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Nov 25, 2007, 12:49:15 AM

I remember a Predator fan film that falls into a Slasher genre and that is "The Harvest". Pretty much creative and thrilling fan film though, a Bad Blood Predator killing and hunting innocent humans (the couples) in a forest after their cars break down.
Where can I find this film?
I'll have a look for it on youtube right now....

Clydewyman

Quote from: Wolfs Girl on Nov 25, 2007, 08:41:47 AM

Where can I find this film?
I'll have a look for it on youtube right now....

Found it? If not, here are the links for you

Part 1:

Part 2:

wmmvrrvrrmm

if someone could make one of these films and go back to Dan O'Bannon's Alien's roots, it might be interesting because there are a great deal of puzzling little ideas floating around some of his source material. It would be great if thist "going back to the roots" statement could be expanded on without just leaving it to float around as an enigmatic comment

Sheriff Eddie Morales

I believe AvP 2 is going a little back to the roots of Predator.Cuz we see a woods,like the jungle from the first Predator.There's also a city.Like from Predator 2.And there are a lot of military,like the Marines in Aliens. ;)

Xhan

QuoteThat still relies on her knowing Lambert was dead, instead of presuming.

Except you can look at what the room looks like, and make deductions, based on how high Lambert is and what angle her leg is at (at least) and you realize she's not lain on top of something, she's crammed into something, in addition to being bereft at least one pants leg. She's doornail dead.

The Immortal Moo

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 12:55:58 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 12:36:50 AM
We've seen what born queens do in A:R, but what does a lone alpha Alien do to reproduce? What's that next phase look like?

I thought it was pretty clear in the Alien DC...and secondly, the concept of an alpha alien is ridiculous... :-X

There Called Praetorians AVP 2 FTW

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed